The boat got wet today!!! >

The boat got wet today!!!

Notices

The boat got wet today!!!

Old 07-30-2002, 12:40 AM
Registered

Received 2,970 Likes on 981 Posts
Default The boat got wet today!!!

Well, after much ado, the boat was in the water today....Let me start off with how happy I am with the sound!! Gil dry exhaust with 650 HP running through them is awsome! The water dumps out over the drive for the exhaust it is pretty sweet. And the whine from the blower, FUUUUUU*K that just about gave me wood! Any way, I put it in the water at noon tried to start it (tried is the key word ) I need to work on the whole learning how to mess with the throttle and all when starting a blower motor Any way I finally got it started (after killing the battery) and putted it out of the harbor....wanted to take it very easy and break everything in right plus it was snotty out 4' swells with some wind chop, so I only got up to about 50 MPH....That prop I have on there is WAY to small (23 pitch 3 blade) I took it up to about 4K and just played with it a little. then cruised back in and went around the harbor. Had some old people do the cover the ears thing as I went by so I had to throw it in nutraul and rev it a little

Any way the workmanship came out really nice, the twin ram wpm works great! The only thing I have to do is cut out the back seat pads so the blower will fit. They cut out the wood piece to the seat but the actual cusions need cutting out too. And I need a bigger prop!! Any one have one?? Thats the update for now...Im taking it back out tomorrow to run it a little more, I'll let'cha all know how it goes.

Tank
Old 07-30-2002, 08:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Way to go, Tank!
Congrats!!!!
Old 07-30-2002, 11:22 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Very COOL.

Glad to hear things are progressing in the right direction.

I would say you are way under proped.

KEEP US POSTED

Mark
Old 07-30-2002, 07:55 PM
Allan4

Well, well, well........You got more patience than I do. I'm throwing a fit about waiting now two weeks for steering parts (wpm single ram included ) Boat has not hit the water in about 1 month and I am about to blow a gasket, especially considering I have a labbed prop ready to go on a little trial run!! ANyway, point is you are a patient dude. If I were you I would be out driving around for hours to break it in!!

Glad to hear the waiting is over, have fun, be safe and get some big wheels to run on it. Try a 28 Rev4 if you can get your hands on one. LAter.

Old 07-30-2002, 08:19 PM
Registered

Allan, I ran it again today with a 28 pitch 4 blade merc. It was waaaaaaaay nice!! ran it up to about a little under 70 I'm thinking 4200 RPM and 4 pounds of boost. I was at or right under half throttle! This thing is going to be fast when it's all done getting broken in right and dialed in. I have 5 hours on it so far...I'm working on getting it there. By the way I love my WPM steering works really well, even if it is just assisted.

Tank
Old 07-30-2002, 08:56 PM
Allan4

28p 4 blade, 70 mph, 4200 rpm....that bastard is gonna fly !!!!!!HAHAHAHAHAAAAA. I'm looking forward to the steering as well. 5 hours, damn, you are driving around in cirlces, I guess I was wrong HeHeHe...... Lucky for you summer is about 300 days/year in LA......lucky prick I got about 60 days left to boat, and only about 45 worht a s**t. Have fun, keep me posted can't wait to hear the REAL numbers when she is dialed in and spinning about 5600 RPM!!!! My guess is about 84-87 mph GPS. What rpm are you going to run?

Oh yeah, I know what you mean about being able tomake some noise now. I used to be embarrassed but now it feels good to fire it up and have everyone turn around to see what is pulling out. They either like my boat or are wondering why I am in my boat alone, naked and masterbating

Old 07-30-2002, 09:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ha tank sounds sweet, sorry didn't get back right away real busy
nice boat , with the blower motors we had to pump it four times then it fires right up, they flood quicky, as you probaly noticed
don't them blowers sound just awsome, its a sure stiffy sound
talk to you later
scott
Old 07-30-2002, 10:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try a 28 Rev4 if you can get your hands on one. LAter. [/B][/QUOTE]REV 4's only go to 23''
Old 07-31-2002, 06:07 PM
Registered

Allan! Again, you crack me up man.....But your right, people kind've wonder what the boat has in it until they get over to it and I'm spankin it cause I'm so happy!! I'm going to try and get ahold of a 4 blade 30 pitch prop here soon. I cant run the boat in the next 2 weeks thoug do to work! But then it'll be on. I think the mechanic wants me to run it right around 5500 RPM...We'll see what happens with some other props. I'm telling you though it still felt like it was blowin the 28 pitch prop out a little when I wouls hit it just a tad (don't want to blow the drive!!)

Scooter,

What's with the cig emblem man? Did you guys get rid of the outlaw and buy a cig or what?? Buy my boat man! It's running tits and has a 6 month warranty!!

Tank
Old 08-01-2002, 01:45 PM
Allan4

Tank, Iknow what you mean about grenading a drive, but you might run into that. There is a 28 Rev4, my buddy has one on his boat. The bigger the better, help that ingine live a little longer, especially talking about proping at 5500 (Oughtta sound frickin' bad ass @ 5500). You'll find the right one, just keep testing until you are happy. I ran about 5-6 props before I settled on this one. LAter humper.