35 Outlaw trailer loading issue >

35 Outlaw trailer loading issue

Notices

35 Outlaw trailer loading issue

Old 07-07-2013, 11:21 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Shoot a PM to "Obnoxus" on here to get Keith's contact info. He's up there in McHenry or close by; not the same place you mentioned. I've never met Keith, but he's as honest and good a person as they come, I was introduced to him via phone via a recommendation from here on OSO. He used to take care of my Mom's car and let her drive his while he was working on it. He is rerigging a 42 Fountain for one of the other Chicago area boaters.

I grew up in NW Indiana, boated on the Chain with family as a kid; and my Mother and Grandparents are interned in McHenry.

Good luck with whatever direction you take.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:13 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Shoot a PM to "Obnoxus" on here to get Keith's contact info. He's up there in McHenry or close by; not the same place you mentioned. I've never met Keith, but he's as honest and good a person as they come, I was introduced to him via phone via a recommendation from here on OSO. He used to take care of my Mom's car and let her drive his while he was working on it. He is rerigging a 42 Fountain for one of the other Chicago area boaters.

I grew up in NW Indiana, boated on the Chain with family as a kid; and my Mother and Grandparents are interned in McHenry.

Good luck with whatever direction you take.
Thanks again I will check with him and get a contact.

Last edited by Awash; 07-08-2013 at 06:21 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 3423 has a alumium 2 big buncks and it can be a pain for it to settle dead center. thnking about the guild poles my self. but damn i hate the look of them
Old 07-08-2013, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

had the same issue once. Turned out the 2 covered boards in the front of the trailer were a little cocked, they seem to guide the boat as well as support it. If you think about it, the V sits right in them, the rest of the boat does what its told from there.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:43 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Easy to make guide-ons removable. You could mount them square receivers on the trailer and a pull/clip; identical to the way you change/remove your trailer hitch receiver.

They are often seen installed via U-bolts on the top or bottom of the I-beam on an aluminum trailer. Instead of U-bolting the guide-ons directly on, bolt on a square tube that is just slightly bigger than the square tube of your guide-on. Slide the guide-on pole in the "receiver" and drill a hole to insert/remove a pin allowing you to remove the poles for when they are not needed. You could even get really fancy and have two holes in the guide-on poles allowing "loose or tight" tension on the boat's rub rail.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

Last edited by Sydwayz; 07-08-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:40 AM
Registered

Just a follow up, The solution was the simple one suggested here, put the trailer in till the front most bunks are just covered with water and crank it on the trailer, centers every time that way...... trailer loading issue was resolved thanks everyone for the help!

Now I'm just finding how much deeper in it can go and still load ok but my guess is front bunks 6-12" beneath the water.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:20 AM
Registered

Great looking boat. Glad to hear you resolved the problem.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Awash
Just a follow up, The solution was the simple one suggested here, put the trailer in till the front most bunks are just covered with water and crank it on the trailer, centers every time that way...... trailer loading issue was resolved thanks everyone for the help!

Now I'm just finding how much deeper in it can go and still load ok but my guess is front bunks 6-12" beneath the water.
glad its workign for you.

the 12 inch of the front bunks in is what i do, this get its centered, but once it am hooked and have it pulle dup i let it all slide back in the water a little more so i am not dragging all that wieght across the bunck.s
Old 07-22-2013, 05:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mittens
glad its workign for you.

the 12 inch of the front bunks in is what i do, this get its centered, but once it am hooked and have it pulle dup i let it all slide back in the water a little more so i am not dragging all that wieght across the bunck.s
Yep good idea was planning on trying that next time.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:16 PM
Registered

I have the same boat the same trailer and same problem. I get the boat up to the roller where I want it then have my wife pull the truck up real slow. When you feel the boat start to tilt I tell her to stop. At this pointing turn the wheel to the direction it needs to go and put one drive in reverse. It will drop right in at this point. Do this as easy as you can to keep from putting to much pressure on the strap up front. This really helps on those windy days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.