New to me 25 outlaw won't pull rpms? >

New to me 25 outlaw won't pull rpms?

Notices

New to me 25 outlaw won't pull rpms?

Old 07-28-2013, 09:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Prop work varies depending on the work done to it...... BB Blades has a prop testing program you might want to look into, or just have them work the prop you have now, either way i would conact them, they are on here and have helped lots of guys out with prop issues! I sure hope its just a prop issue! Did you have it surveyed before you purchased it by any chance?
Old 07-29-2013, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would think a new prop would help for sure with more pitch . did the seller tell you the sweet spot for the drive ? that makes a huge difference on my boat . a new prop shouldnt cost you too much it doesnt have to be brand new people sell them all the time on powerboat swap shop for 300 bucks give or take .
Old 07-29-2013, 02:08 PM
Registered

Spoke with a guy willing to let me borrow a cleaver 19p 14 1/2 would this be any better do you think?
Old 07-29-2013, 03:06 PM
Charter Member #818
Charter Member

First thing I would do is check to see if the throttle is moving the lever on the engine full open when it is wot at the helm. If that checks out, do a compression test. I don't think it is the prop. I still think the tach is off, too. Speed is too high for the rpms unless the prop is marked wrong.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

It will bring your rpms up for sure, not sure what it will do for speed!
Old 07-29-2013, 11:56 PM
Registered

Get a 22 Bravo one 4 blade , test it , and if you care Have BBlades lab it , best your going to see is low to mid 50's. I have tested a few props on that hull and 3 blades suck cause it kills your cruise speed and you might get 1 mph more top end with a 3 blade , hydomotives are ok but there a stern lifting prop , you need a bow lifting prop as the bravo one is...

Last edited by professor; 07-30-2013 at 12:02 AM.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:50 AM
Registered

i have a 99 hammer with a stock 7.4 mpi (non mag) that was doing the exact same thing, i have a 23 pitch prop and it would hardly come out of the hole and the top end seemed low only running 4k at like 56-58 mph gps the problem wound up being a bad injector on hole 3 replaced injector and now jumps out of the hole and runs 64-65 gps the strange thing is that i never heard it missing until the last time out i pulled plugs and found one spark plug that was excessively clean (no fuel marks, only spark marks) pulled all my injectors out and tested them with a 9 volt battery and the solenoid on injectors 3 wasnt opening replaced and back to hauling a$$

never threw a code, revved up fine in the driveway with no load, and would run good in the midrange after planing up until about 3/4 throttle then there was a dead spot from 3/4 throttle to wot

i would pull plugs and check them and do a compression test while you have them out

oh and my tach is off too because it stills reads 4k at wot but will now hit the rev limiter running down river with 2 people pretty easy
Old 07-30-2013, 07:23 AM
Charter Member #818
Charter Member

+1 on a 4 blade prop. My boat jumps out of the hole like a ski boat with the 24 Bravo 1 compared to a 23 Mirage. Keep looking for minor engine problems before changing props. Pull the plugs and take a look at them. One dead plug or injector will make a huge difference on top end. Good luck.