33 OL...how much is too much? >

33 OL...how much is too much?

Notices

33 OL...how much is too much?

Old 02-28-2014, 05:39 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

33's have been out of production I'm thinking since 07'....I'm told if they're over 7 years old, the financing becomes difficult
and if you cant get financing, that weeds out a lot of buyers, which, in turn will "adjust" the value of it.

I'd say anything between 45-75k would be the market....and I think most buyers are the mag/HO buyers.....which even more, reduces the buyer
pool for stuff with blue engines....I know I don't really figure I'll get any more out of mine than if it had mags/ HO or the std cabin.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 129 Likes on 51 Posts

Haha Nailit...good one. I'll always be MR BAJA even if I owned a CIG lol. Wife was joking that I will die with my black trademark baja visor on and probably wear it no matter what we own. Tell Brett I said hello when you talk to him.....

I agree JT. One that I found you might know. Stellar clean 03 33.... Wants 69k and not a penny less. Pretty boat but cants swallow that number for what it is, I dunno, maybe I'm wrong....I did sell my 03 29 with HO's for $60k
Sooooooo when you selling yours :-)
Old 03-02-2014, 07:56 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by HOSSMAN
Sooooooo when you selling yours :-)
That has been a topic of discussion around our household lately
Old 03-02-2014, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice to see you back Hossman, hope all is ok since we last talked . Wish you luck in finding your new ride.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about a 2003 Baja OL and trailer. 55000.00
Old 03-03-2014, 07:16 AM
Registered

You still have it for sale? Thought you sold it... MAG boat though right?
Old 03-03-2014, 05:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
I'm told if they're over 7 years old, the financing becomes difficult
and if you cant get financing, that weeds out a lot of buyers, which, in turn will "adjust" the value of it.
It'll weed out a lot of cash buyers too.
When I was searching I had a max cash allowance, there were boats that I really wanted but didn't make contact with and insult someone with an offer of 65 to 70 cents on the dollar of an asking price.
If someone offers me 75% of my asking I'll counter but when it's less I get a bit upset (not to them in person) and tell them that if your not in the real world market value lets not waste each others time.
It always made me wonder, do some sellers mark their stuff up so much that they'll take 70% or less of the listing price.
I'll always put a nickle or dime on top of what I'd take and when they come back at 80-85 percent we're reasonably close to a deal.
But when it's really sweet and something I love I won't take less than what I placed as the kicker.
You and Offshore have some very AWESOME boats.
Dave, good luck in y'alls search. I'm confident your gonna end up with a very cool and well taken care of boat.

See ya,
Kelly

Last edited by huskyrider; 03-03-2014 at 05:53 PM. Reason: where's the quote tags
Old 03-03-2014, 09:39 PM
Registered

Nicely said kelly. Thanks man for the kind words. It's tough because either stuff is a moderately priced 45-55k and smaller single or it's 100-110k and larger twin. Not a lot on the mkt in the 65-85k range anymore. 100 is too much a stretch for us now. Just not a lot on the mkt in that 33-35' range that isn't rode hard,put up wet or just fugly and old. We have it narrowed to a few boats...just don't know which way to swing the bat.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:14 PM
Registered

You want to know whats funny?
I've got a bud right now who wants a go fast style, but really more style than top speed, weekending overnighter for 50-60 and there ain't anything out there except boats that are damned near 20 years old in his price range
Knocking back some beers after work this evening I was telling him about the 442 Irish had seen and Offshore's and Rick's rides for sale.
When he found out what was necessary on the 442 and the lack of head-elbow room in the 33OL's salon he was I'd rather just wait for the right unit to come up for sale
I'm like "Hey Bud, the prices are on the rise as this supposedly rise in the economy is upon us and they're asking and fetching more than 3 or 4 years ago. The really sweet deals are pretty much gone".
We don't feel this with our contracting business's as we just sell our work now for less margin than we used to due to escalated costs and lost captures when trying to command your price.
Cashbars thread about Nat'l Liquidators lack of inventory pretty much summed it up for me. If it's not available due to another man's loss then the sellers of equal products will fetch more money every day now and in the future as their not building new boats in the quantity as 6-8 years ago.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 03-03-2014, 11:30 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Thanks for all the positive comments about our boat.

It really is an amazing boat that is the cleanest on the market. Its on rails at 100mph and feels like a much more expensive boat then it is.

I am 100% confident that the next owner will be super proud to own!

Theres not another boat of any brand as new, clean, fast, with as many upgrades for 79k. Looking forward to it going to a good home.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.