29 Outlaw with raised X dimension >

29 Outlaw with raised X dimension

Notices

29 Outlaw with raised X dimension

Old 08-15-2002, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 29 Outlaw with raised X dimension

On another thread I mentioned that 2002 29’s came from the factory with 4 blade props vs. the 3 blade props found on earlier years. Liquid said it was due to Baja raising the X on 2002 29’s. Today I measured the X on a 2002 and sure enough, it’s ¾” higher than the X on my 2001. I have to wonder why they did it.
Old 08-15-2002, 05:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Speed.
Old 08-15-2002, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Top-end speed baby, speed! The X-dimension on my boat was raised 1 1/2 inches over a stock configuration.
Old 08-15-2002, 05:53 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Baja Daze
Speed.

I'm not sure I understand. If you now have a situation that forces you to run a 4 blade vs. a 3 blade, doesn't that instantly scrub whatever speed you gain by raising the X? Seems like 6 one way and half dozen the other. I'm confused.
Old 08-15-2002, 07:04 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

I think the size of the boat has a lot to do with it. How many boats over 30 foot do you see running three blade props?

The 29 is in a class that you don't see many other manufacturers in or using big blocks.

Could be wrong, but when you get to a certain size and weight I think the four blade offers more benefits.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys.

Mark
Old 08-15-2002, 07:15 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Baja Boss

Could be wrong, but when you get to a certain size and weight I think the four blade offers more benefits.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys.

Mark
I'm with you on this. All the F-2 boats run 4 blades.

I would be curious to see some comparisons on the 2001 vs 2002. Need-the-Speed has a 2002 with regular 496's. I don't know of any members with a 2001 with regular 496's to use as a comparison. I also don't know of any member with a 2002 that has HO's to compare with mine. I guess we won't know for a while.

Advantage - 1 1/2" raised - wow!!!

What are your speeds and with what props??
Old 08-15-2002, 07:29 PM
Registered

Hey 29, with your money you should just by some XR's with the sportmaster shorties and find out

Hey saw you trailering south on 235 past sheetz early sunday and then an older sonic and donzi going north around the same area but later in the day, something going on down there last weekend?
Old 08-15-2002, 07:50 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Mark in So. MD
Hey 29, with your money you should just by some XR's with the sportmaster shorties and find out

Hey saw you trailering south on 235 past sheetz early sunday and then an older sonic and donzi going north around the same area but later in the day, something going on down there last weekend?
I was heading south and they were heading north? That's because when I know the REALLY fast boats are out, I head in the opposite direction!! I drive like such an old lady I'm usually out there racing the sailboats.

All I know about last weekend was the Velocity Poker Run on the river but that was Saturday.

I still have not seen Bobby's new Fountain. He's very elusive.
Old 08-15-2002, 10:55 PM
Registered

Maybe it was saturday morning, but you were trailering your boat south on 235, like you were heading towards the base or something and the other two boats were heading north later on in the day, i dont know.

But yeah bobbys beak is pretty nice, seems that he got a pretty good deal. It sits on a lift right on the river if you want to check it out. If you are on solomons boardwalk it is directly across the river, just the the left of the big house with pillers.
Old 08-15-2002, 11:32 PM
Registered

hey another thing to think about on the X is drag, you are raising your drive higher so less of it is in the water to draggggg you down

Quick Reply: 29 Outlaw with raised X dimension

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.