Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
What's the issue with the 36's??? >

What's the issue with the 36's???

Notices

What's the issue with the 36's???

Old 09-04-2014, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

36 would be a great boat if it weigh'd alot less!
Love the look of the 36 in the water, great lines!
Old 09-04-2014, 10:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
How the hell is the 36 running surface shorter ? They're both straight vee 24 dead rise non notched hulls. I mean, if you park them right next to each other is the 33 longer? Where's the lost length ? Which cig hill was the 36 copied from? Mistress 35'?
I would think actual running surface is less with rocker hull carrying the bow more then the 33, just what makes sense to me, my 35 Cig is rocker hull, carries the bow very well, less boat in the water hence running surface..My 32 Baja Force rode very bow heavy...
Old 09-06-2014, 04:56 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
I had a 2003 36OL. Yes the 33 is faster with the same power, but the 33 is also much more responsive to modifications. Trying to make a 36 go fast is near impossible, expensive and frustrating.

I see it mentioned here that the 36 is a wave crusher? I think you guys need to ride in more boats if tyke think that is the case. It's not bad, but not impressive for a 36 ft boat IMO. Keeping nose down and cutting in big water just doesn't work, k planes down.

Top side they are the same boat, the 36 adds some cabin and a little more room in the engine bay. If I had to choose again I would take the 33.

The 35, a liner boat, is a better design IMO. Notched transom, lighter, glass cabin floors with removable carpet. And most have more tasteful paint schemes. If you can afford it, I would look hard at the 35
Must be the driver
Old 09-09-2014, 07:44 AM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
I would think actual running surface is less with rocker hull carrying the bow more then the 33, just what makes sense to me, my 35 Cig is rocker hull, carries the bow very well, less boat in the water hence running surface..My 32 Baja Force rode very bow heavy...
Tim gets it! The "running surface" is only a term used by a hull designer that describes how long the boat bottom is straight (flat) at both the Keel and the Chines. Actual running surface is ever changing depending on speed, CG, and trim. Both the 33 and 36 have the same length at the chine, but the 36 keel length (flat) is shorter giving the hull a more rocker design. Hope this helps.

XT