Sold the Shooter

Notices

Sold the Shooter

Old 09-02-2002, 07:09 AM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sold the Shooter

Finally sold the Shooter- well it really only took 3-4 weeks. I just got nervous with the end of the seasona dn all. Guy is really stoked, he owns a 20' Baja now. He had an era-to-ear when I got on it and the blower started to whine. I'm gonna take him out and show him how to run it riht and how to maintain it. I'm still really proad of the boat.

Now, the question, do I change my handle or keep it as Shooter? I've been this since the old board... can't really call myself "302". My boats are all named No Surf, basically describing what goes on with flat days....
Old 09-02-2002, 08:46 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations on making the sale. I know you much be very happy now having just one nice boat.

Shooter is cool. I don't see a problem keeping it. But I changed my name so I fully understand where you are coming from.

With "Baja Boss", there were too many names close, like "bajaboss" and "Baja Boss 252".

Just don't pick "Dock Holiday" LOL

How about "Dazed 302"

Have a good one.

Mark
Old 09-02-2002, 09:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Congratulations...Now it'll be easier to concentrate on the new, bigger boat.

As far as the name...Well, regardless of the boat you owned, it's a cool name.
Old 09-02-2002, 09:31 AM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

I've been holding back buying goodies and other **** for the new ride. 1st thing is VHF, chartplotter, and then BEZELS. I'm a gadget guy.
Old 09-02-2002, 09:45 AM
29Fever

Congrats Shooter,

I too have to change my name. 29Fever just doesn't work anymore!

Old 09-05-2002, 05:27 PM
Registered

Hey shooter congrats on the sale. how did you sell the boat were did you list it i would like to sell mine but with the end of season
I dont want to take a bath on it. Thanks for your help.
Old 09-05-2002, 10:11 PM
djm
Registered

Congrats on the sale shooter. I'm with you boss 69, how'd you do it?
Old 09-06-2002, 06:41 AM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

I put it in the local SAlty Dog and Boat Shopper. Most boats of this type and price range will sell locally IMO. I also put it on boattraderonline. Most my calls came locally, though. I had a web site which reduced the hull-kickers and wasting my time showing a boat that was not right for them.

I started asking 39K "wish sale", went to 35K, but decided not to dick around and dropped it to a firm 32K with no trailer. Boat was worth every bit the money. I took the guy out yesterday in the Barnegat, explained how to run and trim it, maintenance, etc. Guy is totally stoked, makes me happy it's going to a good home and to a guy who is upgrading from a 20' Baja. I might see him around from time to time. Told him to call me in 3 years when I'm ready for a 36 Outlaw. Best was I got on it for him and his buddies, did a 65mph hard-core sweeper turn and jumped a wake. Pointed out a Baja is one of the most stable boats around but it will bite you back with the HP I have in the Shooter.

Although I could of held out for a couple more grand, I wanted the boat sold before the season end, which is damn soon.

Advertise locally and drop the price - there are a lot of bargins out there, make your's one of them, that will do it.
Old 09-07-2002, 06:23 PM
Registered

Shooter, thanks for the info. I looked into the boat trader and came to the conclusion that if I want to off the boat I need to
put the boat @ a low price. What realy get's my!!!! is all the money you loose when you buy new. Let you know how I make out and what I decide to do.
Old 09-08-2002, 07:08 PM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

This is my seventh boat, third Baja and I have and never will buy new. There are plenty of clean last years boats at 10's of thousands less that current year-model boats. If ya got the money, great - go for it.