33 Outlaw swim platform >

33 Outlaw swim platform

Notices

33 Outlaw swim platform

Old 01-27-2015, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 33 Outlaw swim platform

I need to pull my swim platform off and have it repowered coated. I can see there is a water proofing material between the bolt on points and the stern. My concern is, that this is some sort of adhesive. I don't want to screw up the gel coat pulling the swim deck off. Anyone out there that has done this task and could provide some feed back would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,043 Likes on 1,355 Posts

I pulled mine off a couple years a go with no issues, the sealant is a bioch to clean off, take a razor blade around those areas, the upper long bar is through bolted and the legs have lag screw bolts, at least mine did
Old 01-28-2015, 06:16 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A good tug will usually get it off. If some places are stuck really good take a thin blade and cut the adhesive. Some people use 4200 and some 5200. If they used 5200 it might have some places that are really stuck. If yours is powdered coated and not painted you will need to get it chemically stripped before they re-powder coat it.
Old 02-04-2015, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info guys. A 4 inch piece came off. It looks like paint but will have it powder coated.