Baja 275 with 600 SCi update Projekt >

Baja 275 with 600 SCi update Projekt

Notices

Baja 275 with 600 SCi update Projekt

Old 11-25-2018, 10:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,357 Posts

This has to be the cleanest Baja I've ever seen, I owned a 272 and a 33OL..............I think you need to be in the 750-800hp range to be able to pull the 1.36 efficiently, good luck
Old 11-25-2018, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks!
Thats what i think before about HP..
But is not what i look for as i have no money for an full Imco drive oe so.And i will not overpower the new XR.
The old xr have no sign of unnormal wear...
Looks the Driveguardian makes his work.
Michael
Old 12-01-2018, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

I know when we ran our imco lowers we had to put pressure relief valves on each motor that dumped out the side of the boat as water pressure was very high. We used hardin marine relief valves.
Old 12-02-2018, 07:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 817 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by Brembofreak
Thanks for your feedback articfriend!
By the way,i want no ,135 lower,but it was as it was, but seller give me a set new gears in 1,50 with it! so i will use the new 1,50 gears,as at moment my props are real perfect for the setup.
28 bravo lab and and hydromotiv P5-X 28 from BB with lab.So will not test with 1,35 as then need again new props!
Also i will not add more power to the engine,because i want to use it some years and its enough! How much HP you need for this Speed???
Michael
My 548 made a little over 1100 hp on dyno, prob more like a little over 1000 in boat. 272 ran 99 mph and change gps. With pulley that made 1050 on dyno (prob about 950 to 970 in boat) boat ran mid 90s at 6300 rpms, with right prop 96 ish. Back when motor only made 950 hp (on dyno) boat ran 92 and change light, 89/90 w passengers, coolers, 3/4 tank of gas. That 950 again was prob more like 875 in boat.
Old 12-02-2018, 07:59 AM
Registered

Amazing with an 272!!! respect!

I hope to get more waterpressure from the Sportmaster!!!
I can then open then Restictors or take them out from the tails,to lower the pressure and get more flow from water through the headers!! I mean merc put them in,as waterpressure is to low without them and standart water inlet!!
I run at WOt 30 PSI waterpressure now with restictors! They have only a hole from maybe 3/8 inch in them.michael
Old 01-26-2019, 04:17 AM
Registered

Hello guys.Dont think the projekt is ready!!!
I get last time an sportmaster -2 and a new Mayfair addon steering with one cylinder! Sorry but no money to use direct with 2!!
I take sporty in parts as it was an 1,35 and i get a new set gears in 1,50 that i need!
As in my holiday the boat is 3 weeks in saltwater,i let the lower now powdercoat 3 times!!
Epoxie ground
cromesilber and then clear topcoatpowder on it! Here 2 Pics.Steering is still on transportway from usa.
A lucky deal! New but it fit not on buyers hull so he take away direct from boat and must sell!
Michael

Old 01-27-2019, 07:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 817 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by Brembofreak
Thanks for your feedback articfriend!
What happend when only mount a little smaller pulley for short test on the charger without changing the PCM??? I think this work not or????
Michael
I dont have any experience with the 600 sci, I assume it uses the 555 ecu? i would imagine IF your not running insane boost it has boost tables developed a little past where your at BUT no guarantee afr or timing would be correct.
Old 01-28-2019, 02:59 PM
Registered

Thanks for your feedback! Yes it use the 555!
But i understand not real what you mean,because my english is not perfect!
Did you think it can be tested with a light smaller pulley??
At moment i have an driveguardian from MDC on the engine that is set to 660HP torque and only 100pounds torque moreair before it work!!! So i will only test if some miles more available at speed!
Thanks! Michael

Last edited by Brembofreak; 01-28-2019 at 03:34 PM.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:47 AM
Registered

I start now with some winter work as i get the parts now! Steering and water reroute for the intercooler and a stainless inpeller housing.
One mission was an addon steering from Mayfair with one cylinder(second will come later)! I buy new brasilianstyle inner steering cylinder as they are very cheap here and mount the adapter on it.Was changed in the boat now!
Instead of the standart pins that have allways much play i use 10mm passing bolt.I opend the holes for the pins to the exact size from this bolts.Same on transom steering lever and cable end.This helps to minimize mechanical play in the boatsteering.

Next is mount new upper with the Mayfair cylinder mount.I use mayfair as i like the design and must not drill holes in the new XR upper.
Michael

Last edited by Brembofreak; 03-14-2019 at 07:54 AM.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:29 AM
Registered

Next week i do rest work for this season.
New upper with Mayfair Wingplate and driveshower is mount.It is closed with a plate from underside as i use Imco Splashplate.The Sportmaster is at my drive spezi to get the new gears and bearings in.
I try to get a deal for ITS box but found no for good price.So this week the mounts will go on my transom.I hate to drill in my transom.
Inside will reroute the waterlines from intercooler,mount Hardin stainless impellerhousing and bring the headers back in the boat.
Like real to know how the boat work wirh -2 Shorty and Mayfair Addon.
Look that baja mount engine deep in the hull.Peak from shorty is 6 inch under hull when is trimed paralel.
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.