Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Help with 26 Outlaw 600 sci swap >

Help with 26 Outlaw 600 sci swap

Notices

Help with 26 Outlaw 600 sci swap

Old 09-22-2018, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use the 600 SCi with an XR on my 275 ,but i have add an Driveguardian,that takes much stress from the Drive!
I think it is a good tool after searching about DG!
I mean new 600SCi come allways with ITS and -2 Sportmaster XR!
Michael

Last edited by Brembofreak; 09-22-2018 at 11:58 AM.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:55 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

XRs can break behind 500 hp, you’re already spending a lot of $$$ spend a little more and get a SCX with the dual down shaft lower, instead of wasting money on a drive that won’t last
Old 09-22-2018, 02:07 PM
Registered

The drives break not about HP. The torq pikes when prop comes out of water kill them!This is 2-3times more than the engine produce!
I was real wonderimg that not everybody,no matter if use Xr or Imcos,use the DG!??
This part is an inovation and can save extrem much money.Michael

MDC Drive Guardian Update- One Year Later.

http://www.marinedesigncorp.com/our-products.html

Last edited by Brembofreak; 09-22-2018 at 02:11 PM.
Old 09-23-2018, 03:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Some do this soon, some last a while before they start chunking out
Originally Posted by Brembofreak
The drives break not about HP. The torq pikes when prop comes out of water kill them!This is 2-3times more than the engine produce!
I was real wonderimg that not everybody,no matter if use Xr or Imcos,use the DG!??
This part is an inovation and can save extrem much money.Michael

MDC Drive Guardian Update- One Year Later.

Our Products
they do help with torque spikes, but the’ll still do this
Old 09-23-2018, 08:29 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by IGetWet
Love the idea and the boat! There were a couple 26 600s from the factory, I think they ran high 70s without much setup. The one in Europe with the ITS may of ran a little faster, higher X dimension.

Like F2 speedy said measure where your propshaft is now in relation to the bottom of the hull, probably in the 6.5”-7.5” range. Without a extension box, ITS, imco, stellings etc.., I’d set the propshaft about 4” below the hull, so most likely the short sportmaster. You can always space down, you can even space down a standard lower.

Assuming you don’t have hydraulic steering, I’d highly recommend it at 70+

Your reasons for for wanting to repower are some of the same reasons I went a little crazy with our 25. Good hull, deep freeboard can handle rough water for its size, boat is in fantastic shape, easy trailering, storing, docking, one engine and drive to maintain etc.Nice clean job.

The SCX is a solid drive, worry free, but I’d think you’d be fine at 600hp with the XR but if you plan on doing Whipple upgrades then the XR probably won’t be up to the task.

Whipple 525 in our 25, scx-4 drive, imco ext box, livorsi tabs

Oh and it gets expensive FAST. Not a project to undertake and decide to give up on halfway.
Nice clean job. Looks really good!

I see you have a Bravo on the swim platform and a cleaver on the drive. What do you like better? What kind of performance from each?
Old 09-24-2018, 12:29 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,826 Likes on 911 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
Nice clean job. Looks really good!

I see you have a Bravo on the swim platform and a cleaver on the drive. What do you like better? What kind of performance from each?
Actually, that is BBlades 4Speed prop on the platform
Old 09-24-2018, 02:14 AM
Registered

I habe opend my new 2018 XR now, and see no signs of wear after near 70 Hours behind the SCi! I use the Mercury Racing gearoil 85W90 that has clear colour and look near like new filled in.
I belive my XR with DG will last many years and also gurantee to 2020!
By the way,i pay 4000 dollar for the new XR,as it was one with XR Diesel and seacore decal!
I know about trouble with overpowered XR and so i order the DG as now i can Not easy update my engine!! Was an inshurance for me as if i have it not,i will make more and more power at the motor ,like most guys here.
With DG is now much work and trouble to update! Engine out,send DG to Usa from germany and adjust new and so on.
So I better use the package like it is and be safe.

When want more than 600 HP i would also go with other drives or update my XR with teage parts maybe.
Michael

Last edited by Brembofreak; 09-24-2018 at 02:18 AM.
Old 09-24-2018, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info everyone.......

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
Is your boat worth this much as is ?? meaning you're going to double the price.

https://www.proboats.com/engines-for...600HP-3765266/
Believe me this has been the discussion for the past 2 years. I figure it is worth about 30-35k now and we will spend about 60k to put in the 600 with Hydraulic Steering and we would never get anywhere near that money back. But we repower and it is basically a new boat. If I sell it and only want to spend 60k, I am not buying anything that is near new for 90k. Other issue is I am limited to about a 28 foot boat at our dock..

The Logic is we realize we are spending big bucks on a boat that isnt going to be worth it, but we get to keep the boat we love and maybe surprise a few people when a 26 is running in the 80 range!!!

Last edited by onlywinni; 09-24-2018 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-24-2018, 06:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by IGetWet
Love the idea and the boat! There were a couple 26 600s from the factory, I think they ran high 70s without much setup. The one in Europe with the ITS may of ran a little faster, higher X dimension.

Like F2 speedy said measure where your propshaft is now in relation to the bottom of the hull, probably in the 6.5”-7.5” range. Without a extension box, ITS, imco, stellings etc.., I’d set the propshaft about 4” below the hull, so most likely the short sportmaster. You can always space down, you can even space down a standard lower.

Assuming you don’t have hydraulic steering, I’d highly recommend it at 70+

Your reasons for for wanting to repower are some of the same reasons I went a little crazy with our 25. Good hull, deep freeboard can handle rough water for its size, boat is in fantastic shape, easy trailering, storing, docking, one engine and drive to maintain etc.

The SCX is a solid drive, worry free, but I’d think you’d be fine at 600hp with the XR but if you plan on doing Whipple upgrades then the XR probably won’t be up to the task.

Whipple 525 in our 25, scx-4 drive, imco ext box, livorsi tabs

Oh and it gets expensive FAST. Not a project to undertake and decide to give up on halfway.

Nice setup...I have enjoyed your thread on this build...
Old 09-24-2018, 06:59 AM
Registered

Anyone that has done a repower can you give me an idea if you were able to sell your 496 and Bravo X drive and if so for how much...Figure I will have somewhere in the 400 hour range when I pull it so cant imagine it is worth too much?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.