Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Help with 26 Outlaw 600 sci swap >

Help with 26 Outlaw 600 sci swap

Notices

Help with 26 Outlaw 600 sci swap

Old 09-24-2018, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Unless you are set on Merc...You may want to check with Saris who is not terribly far from you. They have an excellent reputation as does my favorite, Eddie Young who is near Nashville. I bet either one could build a reliable 600 + hp motor that runs on regular gas.

By the way, I think you are right in what you are doing. You have a boat in good condition that you love and know, go for it. I could ever understand worrying if someone else was going to like my boat, car, or house. They are for my pleasure not some stranger .

Padraig

Last edited by Padraig; 09-24-2018 at 05:34 PM.
Old 09-24-2018, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Padraig
Unless you are set on Merc...You may want to check with Saris who is not terribly far from you. They have an excellent reputation as does my favorite, Eddie Young who is near Nashville. I bet either one could build a reliable 600 + hp motor that runs on regular gas.

By the way, I think you are right in what you are doing. You have a boat in good condition that you love and know, go for it. I could ever understand worrying if someone else was going to like my boat, car, or house. They are for my pleasure not some stranger .

Padraig
Eddie Young is definitely worth calling. Very straight up guy.
Old 09-24-2018, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 834 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by apex svt

Eddie Young is definitely worth calling. Very straight up guy.
I second that. I almost forgot they build a motor under 1000hp, lol
Old 09-25-2018, 02:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By the way,an 600SCi can easy update to an 662 with same gas quality! Only Pulley and 662 Software are diffrences between this engines!And when want an 700 SCi you need also only the camshaft.No more diffrences between 600-662 and 700.
If you go with XR look for an DG.
I have same issues with Gas as in my holiday i get only Super with 95 Euro octane(is like 90 US).also will not spend so much money for other drive as new XR i can buy for 5000 dollar here.
Michael
Old 09-25-2018, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the feedback and more engine options to research!!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2018, 07:18 AM
Registered

Just checked, you are about 4 hours from Saris Racing in Bolton Landing, NY. I would give them a shout. Likely would be less then Merc even with a drive guardian added and you would have the advantage of their rigging expertise.

Padraig
Old 09-25-2018, 01:58 PM
Registered

Thanks for the Saris Racing contact.

I did talk to Eddie Young today and was very impressed with his knowledge and details he provided regarding his engines. Also like that he will come fly to the boat the time of start up to make sure it is running correctly....of course they will also install and set it up for you at their shop.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:19 PM
Registered

You won't go wrong with Eddie! He not only personally assembles your engine but you email or call him with a question or a problem, he immediately gets back to you. I have emailed him on a weekend expecting him to get back on Monday and boom his answer is in my in box. This happened three years after my engine was done! I don’t think he sleeps. He also gives frequent updates on your engine build. If I ever need/want a new Engine.....Eddie will build it.

Padraig
Old 09-26-2018, 06:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Padraig
You won't go wrong with Eddie! He not only personally assembles your engine but you email or call him with a question or a problem, he immediately gets back to you. I have emailed him on a weekend expecting him to get back on Monday and boom his answer is in my in box. This happened three years after my engine was done! I don’t think he sleeps. He also gives frequent updates on your engine build. If I ever need/want a new Engine.....Eddie will build it.

Padraig

Cool...thanks for the feedback on Eddie.

He can put together an engine near 700 Horse (His 750 EFI engine to run on 89 octane) and once I get a SC upper and lower or something similar I would spend less than the 600 sci package......decisions, decisions....There is a video of him running his 650 EFI in a 260 Velocity and it sounds Nasty!
Old 11-08-2018, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

nice build !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.