Finally - Boat Is Ready!

Notices

Finally - Boat Is Ready!

Old 03-01-2003, 11:54 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finally - Boat Is Ready!

Got the call from Florida yesterday that I have been waiting for.

The 36 is ready to go!

Much thanks to:
D-Ann at Baja - Wonderful to work with.
Kevin Brady - The best I have found.
Don Racine - Super Guy, great work and nice to talk with.

Will be pulling a friends 42 Sonic down next Friday and bringing "Dock Holiday" back home. I have been sweating it with the Savanna poker run in only two weeks.

Guys,

I have to tell you, I have found one of the best people to deal with that I have ever come across in the Marine business.

Kevin Brady at Port Jacksonville Sea Ray / Fountain.

The most impressive thing about Kevin is that he never forgets one single detail you discuss with him. He has done everything just as promised and has kept my boat indoors in their hugh shop since the middle of December.

He pulled the drives and service them, added two drive showers, changed out the mufflers for nice straight tips, plumbed my water pressure gauges I installed and installed two Gil sea strainers. His work is great and he handled all the warranty issues for me directly with Baja.

As for warranty covered by Baja, he repaired two minor Gelcoat flaws that showed up after delivery of the boat new, reversed the waste water and fresh water fittings that were installed in reverse from the factory and most importantly got my headliner fully replaced in the cuddy. He fought hard to get Baja to allow Don Racine in Jacksonville to do the work. Kevin tells me it looks GREAT. I spoke with Don twice by phone and this guy comes highly recommended for a reason. He knows his stuff.

They found my problem. Water was leaking in through the hatches, crossing over the headliner, running along the seam where the top deck and hull meet and finally ending up in the forward bildge.

We noticed water in the forward bilge shortly after getting the boat new and could not for the life of us figure out where in was coming from. Then shortly after that the headliner started looking bad. Now both problems are solved.

When I first met Kevin I liked this guy. When I delivered Dock Holiday to his shop I was impressed. There were Baja's, Cigarette's, Scarab's, Fountains, you name it that he was working on. Building up some major power for a couple of them. He has a real passion for boats and knows them inside and out. No job is too big or too small and his attention to detail is unbelievable!

D-Ann in the warranty department at Baja has been nothing but helpful and nice to work with. She has seen that everything was done to our satisfaction. Her job of course is to get it done right for the least cost, but she listened to Kevin and Don and now our headliner issue is resolved. Most importantly she was very concerned about getting my boat back to us on time and has stayed in close contact. I have really enjoyed working with her and appreciate the good treatment she has given us.

Glad to report some good marine news and if you every need help, these are the people to contact.

Mark
Old 03-01-2003, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up ALL RIGHT

Great news and thanks for all the references. Sure glad the factory has given you support too!

NOW GET THAT BOAT BACK AND GET IT ON THE WATER!
Old 03-02-2003, 08:33 AM
Registered

good news there, Baja has stood behind their product well, my next boat will most likely be a 33 outlaw, because Baja has done the same for me on my last boat I bought new a H2X,
Old 03-02-2003, 09:02 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

I am glad to see they helped you out. I think its great when people are real helpful. And honest and good at attention to detail.
Old 03-02-2003, 07:06 PM
Registered

Glad to see there are still people who care about customer satisfaction. I had a few small issues on my Baja H2X I ordered in 1999, Baja stepped right up and had my dealer fix them with no hassle at all!
Old 03-03-2003, 07:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Great News, Mark. Sounds like you found a great shop to work with, too. That's valuable info these days. Best of luck and have fun. The boating days are here!