Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Banana Boat
Busy winter coming up >

Busy winter coming up

Notices

Busy winter coming up

Old 08-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a pair of twin Johnson 225hp outboards from a 1987 Banana if you are interested.

That would make your boat fly and they are reliable loopers.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:04 PM
Registered

Sp,

There is a local kid down here that races for merc and He told me he can do something for me..(Shaun Torrente)...So, I will wait and see what happens..

Airdog,

I think I will pass on the 225..

Thanks,
Joe
Old 08-31-2009, 07:40 AM
Registered

Hey guys,

Not trying to "hi jack" this thread, but wanted you all to know that on September 9th, aired at 1 PM and 7 PM on Bio (biography channel), is the City Confidential eisode
"Smugglers & Speedboats"!

"In the 1980s, Miami was perhaps America's hippest city. But the murder of wealthy Miami boat builder Don Aronow, shot while sitting in his Mercedes coupe on famed "Thunderboat Row" in 1987, put the spotlight on the city's glitz, glamour, and drug culture. And for years, Aronow's murder remained one of South Florida's most notorious mysteries. Narrated by Paul Winfield."

So, set those DVRs and tape machines and get ready for a great show! Have a great rest of summer!

Dave (banana hull #45)
Old 09-01-2009, 07:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Merc O/b

I have 1- '03 300X and a pair of '98 300 Pro Max motors, all w/ sportmaster l/u l&r 25". The 300 Pro Max motors have 5" spacers , so you can make them 20". Michael "HIGH LIFE"
Old 09-01-2009, 10:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by joefitness123
Sp,

There is a local kid down here that races for merc and He told me he can do something for me..(Shaun Torrente)...So, I will wait and see what happens..

Airdog,

I think I will pass on the 225..

Thanks,
Joe
its good that your skipping the v8 ob, jeb[MRV8OUTBOARD] had those motors dialed in , I think in his twin set up he was running 87 or around there. he is a master craftsmen when it comes to boats, and motors OBs/ IOs/ glass work/ elec work he can fix it and run them
Old 09-01-2009, 10:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HIGH LIFE
I have 1- '03 300X and a pair of '98 300 Pro Max motors, all w/ sportmaster l/u l&r 25". The 300 Pro Max motors have 5" spacers , so you can make them 20". Michael "HIGH LIFE"
whats the power now? hey may see you sat in fairhaven oh the pics did come out that good this year plus I was with gerry when we lost the prop. I hope to get some this weekend see yah artie.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Registered

Update...update...

Banana progress pics..

Check out that Gloss...
Attached Thumbnails Busy winter coming up-banana-paint-1.jpg   Busy winter coming up-banana-paint-2.jpg   Busy winter coming up-banana-paint-3.jpg  

Busy winter coming up-banana-paint-4.jpg   Busy winter coming up-banana-paint-5.jpg  
Old 09-02-2009, 09:03 PM
Registered

looking good joe!
im getting started on mine when i get back from vacation...ready to start getting it done.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:23 AM
Registered

Yes, I have been talking to someone that gave me a heads up on Mr.V8outboard, they told me he knows his stuff about these...Gonna give it a run and see what happens...

Outbreak,

Thanks, seems to be coming right along..Still a ways to go, but hopefully it should be done soon...Next step top half and cockpit floor and cabin....with all new carbon fiber...
Old 09-03-2009, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 226 Likes on 88 Posts

Joe that old school look of just a simple bootstripe is going to break the heart of those south Florida hot boaters.

You have to understand that when you pull up to a waterside restaurant down there, for whatever reason, people will start coming over and telling you how much they love the classic lines of your boat......as they stand dripping their drink on the deck of a new XXXXXX brand with a very wild paint job.

You have to learn to just be humble and say...Thanks.

Boat looks great, keep us posted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.