Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Banana Boat
1980 Banana on ebay >

1980 Banana on ebay

Notices

1980 Banana on ebay

Old 08-06-2011, 05:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we split boat and redid tank in roughly 1990 sure it needs to be done again..If i remember we just sent it out to be re-welded, not changed..
Old 08-06-2011, 06:09 AM
Registered

back then it was named "Record Holders"
Old 08-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by quicklt1
we split boat and redid tank in roughly 1990 sure it needs to be done again..If i remember we just sent it out to be re-welded, not changed..
Yes, it was obvious tank was refurbed or replaced and the floor had been cut. I do like how that was done compared to some others I had seen!

Regardless, from the gas smells alone it is certainly time to address that again...and along with all the rest of the issues.

I am still glad I was prompted to make the drive to go up there to see this Banana clone (made by Brunswich Boatworks out of North Carolina).

...if I hadn't gone all the way up there to buy it, AND had it not been totally rotten...I might not have found this real CIG 24 right around the corner..AND I brought it home for the same money (under $8K :-)

Built like a freaking tank and just as solid as one..with NO rot!! Pic is of it coming off the lake this morning where I have been testing it since Saturday morning....

Last edited by 928Droid; 08-07-2011 at 10:26 AM.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

928 with engine?
-Mike
Old 08-07-2011, 12:10 PM
Registered

saw that for sale wasnt he asking alot more?
Old 08-07-2011, 12:17 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

he was at 16 went to 12500
-Mike
Old 08-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Registered

good luck
didnt that place also have a banana outboard?
Old 08-07-2011, 01:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
he was at 16 went to 12500
-Mike
When you show up with Dually, a trailer and $7800 in cash hand...in todays' ecomomy.... MAGIC HAPPENS...:-)

OH, and heck yes with engine, 454/370, unknown internal upgrades (untiul I verify, suposedly roller, etc)..rebuilt TRS and tranny (approx 10 hours)..working K-Planes...etc etc.

Was on the lake with 12 yesterday for over 24 hours...

Left WNC at 6pm Thursday, drove non-stop (12+ hours) arrived in Long Island at 6:30am (after wife wanted to drive thru downtown NYC... Duallys pulling boat trailers get stares in Times Square and Broadway)..look at "Fake CIG/Banana/Brunswick" rotted mess, only took 5 minutes alone with it to know it wasn't fro me OR as advertised...recieved deposit back from that one by 7:30am nd left....

..drove 5 miles to Aqua Marina, spent almost 2 hours inspecting "Lap Dance"...nailed down deal on the CIG 24 "Lap Dancer" by 10am, watched as all systems were tested to my satisfaction...Aqua loaded CIG 24 on my trailer and adjusted it for me..left Aqua at 12:30pm Friday..

....drove straight back to WNC ....lots of stops for quick naps at every other Rest Area...arrived at Lake James, NC at 8am..

....Nervous about putting the Cig in the water and if it would start...more so because guy buying my old Shore LandR Galv/roller trailer has waiting for me to get the boat off so he coudl take the trailer back to Chattanooga, TN.....

Turned Key, fired instantly, took off while my wife did deal on trailer and got cash for it..... went to Marina.., wife drove over to meet me there.

THEN... 12pm Sat we drove 30 minutes home..took showers...2pm, she departed to Birmingham, AL to pick up used Custom Trailer...while I went to Marina and started going thru the CIG...

Spend the day taking things apart inspecting every nook and cranny until dark....then chatted with friends on the 24 until midnight...and slept on the rear bench last night...FYI, cabin is currently all exposed and "race rigged", exposed stringers, supports, 2nd fuel tank, etc....bench was more comfy:-)

Wife shows back up at 8AM this morning with Custom Trailer. (thanks Dan).... Fired up the 24 and woke up the whole Marina :-)......loaded the CIG (pic posted earlier) on the trailer and drove home...

Still fighting sleep after only 6 hours or so since Wednesday night... but am so excited can't sleep. Currently "chilling" looking for original 1978 pics and brochures trying to decide which way I am going to restore it.....OH, and making a few posts here.

WHAT A CRAZY WEEKEND, but well worth it.

OH, I will NEVER, and I mean NEVER go back to Long Island again, (what a cluster frack)....., well maybe I would, for another deal on a rare old CIG like this one..

Pardon my typos and quick format for getting my thoughts of the weekend down.... still very punch drunk...but very EXCITED.

Last edited by 928Droid; 08-07-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by quicklt1
good luck
didnt that place also have a banana outboard?
Yes, it was "interesting". I can get into it, but well, it was interesting. I don't like outboards and only gave it a glance, Paul did want to point out some "interesting" things about it...a good laugh for both of us while his guys loaded the 23 on my trailer.

BTW, Paul the owner of Aqua was SUPER NICE to us, and said he honestly appreciated dealing with a "real buyer" (his words, not mine) for a change.

His definition was someone that showed up with these 3 things..

"A Real Truck to Tow any boat with"
"A real Trailer to haul it with"
"CASH"

:-)

Last edited by 928Droid; 08-07-2011 at 01:14 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:19 PM
Registered

Oh, nice pic at 6:30am this morning while waiting for wife/trailer to arrive...FYI, temp slip, just rented for the day/night, will be trailering to/from various local lakes, and storing it inside my garage.

Last edited by 928Droid; 08-07-2011 at 01:22 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.