Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Banana Boat
The end of an Era........Thank You !!!!! >

The end of an Era........Thank You !!!!!

Notices

The end of an Era........Thank You !!!!!

Old 08-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any pictures of the 24cc
Old 08-14-2011, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonic30ss
Congrats and best of luck on the new venture Charlie!!
Thanks Joe. Had a wonderful day on the water yesterday at the Fall River poker run and had a glimpse into our future.

Dan and Ken invited me to join them on this poker run on their new 40 foot Outerlimits with Ilmors.

Now this is the direction we are heading with our new 43 and 49 models. Clean lines with triple digit capability and a great bottom.

Simple yet adequate cabin space, safe and deep cockpits with an ample windshield. For part of the run, I sat in the back seat with my hat on...great wind protection.

We may be having a brand new, never in the water Sonic as our first trade in on our first 43......any interested parties. (BTW, Steve I mean you as the trade in LOL.)
Attached Thumbnails The end of an Era........Thank You !!!!!-outerlimits-40-2011-015-small-.jpg   The end of an Era........Thank You !!!!!-outerlimits-40-2011-017-small-.jpg   The end of an Era........Thank You !!!!!-outerlimits-40-2011-003-small-.jpg  

The end of an Era........Thank You !!!!!-outerlimits-40-2011-001-small-.jpg   The end of an Era........Thank You !!!!!-outerlimits-40-2011-006-small-.jpg  
Old 08-14-2011, 08:22 AM
Registered

This boat is pure white in color and looks great. We will probably stay with the old school look and do simple designs, but also make available splashy paint if the owners want them.

This boat is a 40, so our 43 would be 3 feet longer with a little bigger cabin area.
Attached Thumbnails The end of an Era........Thank You !!!!!-outerlimits-40-2011-014-small-.jpg   The end of an Era........Thank You !!!!!-outerlimits-40-2011-011-small-.jpg   The end of an Era........Thank You !!!!!-outerlimits-40-2011-009-small-.jpg  

Old 08-14-2011, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

Charlie if I ever get my boat I will..... this is crazy.... cominig up on one year since my purchase.. the boat will be two years old before delivery...problem is I delt with you in buying a new boat... not many like you left.....
Old 08-14-2011, 01:42 PM
Registered

Unhappy

Originally Posted by sp123
Charlie if I ever get my boat I will..... this is crazy.... cominig up on one year since my purchase.. the boat will be two years old before delivery...problem is I delt with you in buying a new boat... not many like you left.....
man that sux, I should be in next week myself. just poor planning by me. last year when we had the motor in ,we should of finished the plumbing and wiring. then pull it out to replace the gas tank. this week its finish up loose ends water/elec. throw the drive and steering and its test time. adjust then go to BLOCK ISLAND on the 27th 28th. theres a hand full of boats going so if your in I hope it will be a nice trip for you and the wife. we are trying to talk a friend of Gerrys to bring his cabincruiser over so we can raft off his. otherwise Gerrys skater will be the mother ship and we raft off him. call PM me when you get the boat .
Old 08-14-2011, 02:20 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Best Of Luck With New Venture

Charlie good luck with your new venture, I wish we could of worked out a deal on a 28 hull to go with the GELLNER blower motor and KONRAD ACE X FACTOR drive. I always pay cash for my stuff including cars/trucks. that because the wife's cars aren't paid for all the time ha ha. the two boats I have owned over 20years were cash just in case I needed another surgery haha. out of 12 or 13 surgeries, I have had 7 since 04 and still need maybe two more this winter cleaning out the left knee and redo the replacement. I have been a cash guy since 1990 on my toys. I bought the saber28 used and it was like new with brand new everything and was 15 to 35 grand cheaper than your 28, sutphens 31, y2k, new saber, joker 28 so I went that route but, if I new the gas tank was junk I would of passed on it. I wished someone else would of came along built one of your 28s. I think it would of helped if you had a 24 with twin obs or i/o that ran 80 plus. it would be great if you left the door open on sport deck 24 and 28. I would think the big boats would be hard to get in to. asking people to buy a new design at 700,000 plus is a lot of cake. statements boats are nice, but OL is selling a lot more of theres from what I have seen at the factory the last 2 years. you don't see many skater 399s around either. but good luck on the new boats, but I would keep the door open for the 24/28s sport deck too.I missed talking to you at FR poker run yesterday, I was taking a lot of pics. Best of luck Art
Old 08-14-2011, 05:10 PM
Registered

Hello ... I know Banana is a great boat.... saw the forum... ... I know sonic sucks.. they cannot deliver a pizza in time... if looking forward to see your new boats...would love to see a 49' .... do you put porta parties in them????

Last edited by Rex Havoc; 08-14-2011 at 05:20 PM. Reason: xc
Old 08-15-2011, 03:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rex Havoc
Hello ... I know Banana is a great boat.... saw the forum... ... I know sonic sucks.. they cannot deliver a pizza in time... if looking forward to see your new boats...would love to see a 49' .... do you put porta parties in them????
Yes, a porta potti will be on the 43's and a modest bathroom will be on the 49's with a small hand held wand shower.

Remember our motto......'We are Hardcore with Heritage"

The boats will be fast and tough, but luxurious enough for the wives and girlfriends in the cabins too. Look how beautiful this 40 footer is below, all business with very nice cockpit and cabin features.

(Thanks to the photo guy on Boatfreaks for these shots.)
Attached Thumbnails The end of an Era........Thank You !!!!!-oouterlimits-40-small-.jpg   The end of an Era........Thank You !!!!!-outerlimits-40-fall-river-small-.jpg  
Old 08-15-2011, 04:26 PM
CMC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Charlie, Are you building the 24 CC alone or is it a joint effort with another builder?
Old 08-15-2011, 07:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CMC
Charlie, Are you building the 24 CC alone or is it a joint effort with another builder?
We are talking with some other builders up here, but also looking at a stand alone operation with a former employee of the boat company from the 70's.

It won't have legs until the first of the year.....trying to focus on the bigger boats until the smaller molds get up here.

No photos or drawing of the 24 CC yet......it will be slick, that is for sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.