Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Banana Boat
The end of an Era........Thank You !!!!! >

The end of an Era........Thank You !!!!!

Notices

The end of an Era........Thank You !!!!!

Old 07-27-2011, 08:37 PM
aex
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sp123
Charlie, I have to agree with Pasta... the 24 is a great boat. it is sad to see that it is done .. I had the privilege of owning one of the last Banana built and had the opprotunity to meet you and be able to work with a true professional. I was spoiled as I purchased a new boat this year but after dealing wtih you a true professional and world champion.. .I was met with less than honest people... you were always straight forward, stood behind your product and never ever lied to me.. if fact went over and above anything I could hope to expect from a company. I grew up in RI and as I told you many times I never could afford a Banana which was the best thing in the world to us in the 70's and 80's . the day I was able to meet you and you took a ride in my 1990 Banana,,.,, you persuaded me to purchase a new one.. the 2008 was a great boat.. loved it...you were wtih me all the way from the build to the delievry.... you never felt too big to lend a hand.. last year you took my boat out I do not know how many times to test new props..and to make sure it was running right.. You were always inviting me to events and it was a pleasure to bring that boat anywhere... I recently bought a new sonic.. paid for in October 2010.. never have seen it and will probably not be able to drive it around long island this year... it is amazng how other companies look at a buyer as a piece of garbage. In fact the owner of Sonic will not even take my calls any more... shame on me for buying a boat and paying for it if full. but I thought they were like you. other companys could learn a lot from you and your son... I say it again.. .If I did not know you I would think nothing of how I have been treated by Sonic.. but Knowing you I know exactly how I have been treated. Billy Freeze todl me the other day.. many people think they can be boat builders... only a few can.. you certainly can you race them and make them. others just buy and sell them. What a difference. I wish you well in your future and know you will do just fine.. but if I need help which you know I will... I will be calling.. .thanks so much..
I've been looking for your Sonic on the bay . I'm out every weekend and many evenings and haven't seen any speedboats around .
Where is everyone ?
I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma with Sonic and hope they get your vessel done soon . Maybe you can get them to rack it for free over the winter as compensation for their construction delay and fly down weekends . I did that a few years . The experience was priceless .
Old 07-27-2011, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
What kind of product?
Hi Sydwayz,

Lots of different products, nothing boat related, just some stuff for a low production, long discontinued German V8 car....ironically called a "Shark". My stuff could only be boat related, if you happen to have one of these....

and it still has one of these in it....

But I am only aware of a handful still out there (2 or 3?)...and most were repowered with more modern powerful stuff anyway. I can't blame them, I probably would have too.

Too bad, I could have fixed that power issue for those rare few owners with this "intake swap"....

...sadly way too late to that boat party. Oh well, timing is everything, but there are about 10k of the cars still on the road to keep me busy!

If you are really interested in more of my stuff feel free to send me a PM. This is a fun place for me to get away from work stuff. PLUS, I don't want to hijack this improtant thread. I prefer to get back to "sweet talking" Charlie and Charlie Jr. into making some more hulls and decks for us Banana fans!!

Charlie Sr/Jr,
Would it be "bad form" to stuff a Twin Screw'd 32V 5.0L 600hp German Aluminum V8 in a Banana 24????

Nah...I will stick with my 496 for now...much cheaper to maintain...LOL

BTW Sydwayz, just getting back into boats after a long hiatus, haven't seen or heard of Active Thunder Boats. I see you are their rep, will go check them out, I am always interested in seeing new cool stuff!

Cheers,

Dave

Last edited by 928Droid; 07-28-2011 at 06:34 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:27 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck with the new boats. They sound like winners already!
Old 07-31-2011, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 79 Posts

Looks like we have a couple of 24 projects before we can make this transition.

1.) Mama says that the very nice extra clean 24 that was her boat Fast Lady.....(and that father and son used for the plug for the new mold !!!!!!).....she wants it back as a running boat!!

So, we have a perfect 24 hull that was originally a sterndrive powered boat...... that we will have to make a new deck for .......and then begin the rerig....and photos to follow the rerig.

Now Mama may want her boat to be made into an outboard, so it can be given to our grandson at some point in the future. She thinks that a 525 may be just a bit steep on the learning curve for him.

2.) We have one former 24 boat show boat that was rigged as a single outboard, that we would love to see someone purchase and rig as a twin 200 or 250 outboard. These boats ran so good with twin 200's in the past, we can only imagine what it would do today being much lighter and having the motors out on a bracket.
Attached Thumbnails The end of an Era........Thank You !!!!!-24-plug-final-2007-003-small-.jpg   The end of an Era........Thank You !!!!!-24-molds0006-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Top Banana; 07-31-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

do you take sonics in trade??????
Old 08-01-2011, 02:20 PM
Registered

do you take sonics in trade??????
For you, of course.....now will you be moving up to our 43 or the 49???

We might have them done by the time you are ready to trade.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Registered

you might have them done before I even take delivery of mine. Still waiting... but like I said before shame on me for paying in full for a boat.... but the latest is that sometime in August. I was told sometime in april, may june, july.... boy that 43 is looking better and better....
Old 08-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Registered

you might have them done before I even take delivery of mine. Still waiting... but like I said before shame on me for paying in full for a boat.... but the latest is that sometime in August. I was told sometime in april, may june, july.... boy that 43 is looking better and better....
Hey maybe because of the delay, they will stick some 525's in there for you instead of the standard big blocks.

In Florida this week, but will touch base with you when I get back.....need a ride in the Fall River poker run? I can ask around for you.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:16 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 132 Likes on 46 Posts

Congrats and best of luck on the new venture Charlie!!
Old 08-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Registered

If you know anyone that has room.... have not been on the water all season... and my boat will not be here until... probably december so if you hear of anyone with room let me know. thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.