1991 Red Banana >

1991 Red Banana

Notices

1991 Red Banana

Old 01-19-2005, 06:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1991 Red Banana

I found a photo of the Red Banana boat that went over 90mph on Long Island...
Attached Thumbnails 1991 Red Banana-red-banana-starboard_img.jpg  
Old 01-19-2005, 07:16 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs down Re: 1991 Red Banana

This Boat Was Orignally Mine It Was Battleshipgrey From the factory it was a replacement boat they gave me after a long court battle .the first one i got broke apart after 5 hrs it was built wrong. they put layers of mat with no roving between and the glass content was only 20 percent . after a few hrs on this one the bottom started coming apart these boats are built like sh!t These boats would make a good flower pot what junk
Old 01-19-2005, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 1991 Red Banana

Wasn't 91 one of the last years produced? And if your story is true that would explain why the people at Port are not making them now. But 90mph? What was in it?
Old 01-19-2005, 03:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up Re: 1991 Red Banana

JCPERF Owned It For A While He Had A Killer Motor In It
Old 01-19-2005, 07:49 PM
TopBanana

Unhappy Re: 1991 Red Banana

Originally Posted by lightspeed
This Boat Was Orignally Mine It Was Battleshipgrey From the factory it was a replacement boat they gave me after a long court battle .the first one i got broke apart after 5 hrs it was built wrong. they put layers of mat with no roving between and the glass content was only 20 percent . after a few hrs on this one the bottom started coming apart these boats are built like sh!t These boats would make a good flower pot what junk
Lightspeed

I am very sorry that you had such a bad experience with your boat. When I started the company, every boat was made to the same layup schedule as Don Aronow had taught me at Cigarette. Every boat was rough water or ocean tested by me personally before I would deliver it to the customer. I still have the #6 boat made during those years and it is still a great boat.

Unfortunately, once I sold the company the new owner began to change the layup schedule and other things in regards to the building of the boat...... and it did indeed change both the boat and the reputation of the name.

I wish that you could get a ride in one of the early boats so that you could experience for yourself what a great design Don came up with for a 24 foot boat.

I understand your pain and frustration and I share them, when I see what has happened to the boat co.