Notices

The Bravo Shop

Old 03-16-2009, 04:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, thats news to me....Dean has always been helpful with my uppers. Even replaced some stuff for NC.
They are the best I've run so far.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:54 AM
Registered

I think the upper gears are a great set up, its the cases I have issues with and lack of service after the sale.

When we test drove the boat it had just been all serviced and when we got back to the dock I noticed the drive reservoirs was milky so I asked to have it checked and a week later I was told it was the temp senders leaking. I was concerned but was told not to worry because of the warranty on the drives.

So we buy the boat and Dean was called to see if the 3 year warranty was still going to be good with the sale of the boat. He said it would be and so when I call 2 weeks after the purchase hes like sorry there is no warranty anymore. So I took that with a grain of salt and purchased all the parts for 3 drives gears and shafts and rebuilt them just to find water in the oil the first trip out. So I built pressure testing plates and started checking each housing and was surprised to see the leaks coming right through the cases.

Last edited by waconda; 03-16-2009 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Added more info
Old 03-16-2009, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by waconda
I think the upper gears are a great set up, its the cases I have issues with and lack of service after the sale.

When we test drove the boat it had just been all serviced and when we got back to the dock I noticed the drive reservoirs was milky so I asked to have it checked and a week later I was told it was the temp senders leaking. I was concerned but was told not to worry because of the warranty on the drives.

So we buy the boat and Dean was called to see if the 3 year warranty was still going to be good with the sale of the boat. He said it would be and so when I call 2 weeks after the purchase hes like sorry there is no warranty anymore. So I took that with a grain of salt and purchased all the parts for 3 drives gears and shafts and rebuilt them just to find water in the oil the first trip out. So I built pressure testing plates and started checking each housing and was surprised to see the leaks coming right through the cases.
That was one of the issues my buddy was having. He would park the boat inside and have oil all over the shop floor. His was leaking right through the case...

I hope it all works out.. It is finally for my friend..
Old 03-16-2009, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome to the club. you will get nothing from dean but false promises and bs. he sold my friend 2 new ht drives and they failed the first time out. come to find out they were old used up military drives with fresh paint and new stickers. we had no idea this was the case. he had them both rebuilt and then sold them. the drives went to 2 different people and both drives failed quickly. they called dean asking for help gave him the serial # and dean not knowing were they came from was quick to respond that they were military drives. the people that bought the drives from my friend quickly got in touch with him wanting there money back for missrepresentation of the product. my friend called dean and claimed he knew nothing of the sort and went as far as to say he never spoke to either of these people. later dean canged his toon and said he knew what he had bought and they were advertised as military drives. the best part is we still had the add from when they were for sale, it was here on oso. dean is just a phucking lying piece of s***.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:16 AM
Registered

yikes...i hope mine never leak.
How did you get a temp sender in there...they are water jacketed so temp must be very low right?
Old 03-17-2009, 06:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Back4More
yikes...i hope mine never leak.
How did you get a temp sender in there...they are water jacketed so temp must be very low right?
The temp sender screws in on the starboard side oil plug. The temp just depends on how hard you are running could be as low as 140 deg or as high as 260 deg.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

what year were the cases u were having issues w/ i knew the earlys were bad, but the newers were better is what ive heard.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by johnnyboatman
what year were the cases u were having issues w/ i knew the earlys were bad, but the newers were better is what ive heard.

They are 07 HT models.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:23 AM
Registered

Waconda,
Does the following quote look familiar?

"My deal with Randy was very smooth and he and his staff went above and beyond to make the deal a pleasurable one.

I spoke to Randy about this thread and there is a whole lot more to the story than we are hearing.

I also agree if you have a case or think you do than go to court and keep it out of this form there is nothing to gained buy slinging mud and bashing someone to make yourself feel better. And you may want to delete your posts in case you do go to court and lose and he uses this to sue you for defamation of character."

Feels different when you're the one getting the shaft.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Skullkrusher
Waconda,
Does the following quote look familiar?

"My deal with Randy was very smooth and he and his staff went above and beyond to make the deal a pleasurable one.

I spoke to Randy about this thread and there is a whole lot more to the story than we are hearing.

I also agree if you have a case or think you do than go to court and keep it out of this form there is nothing to gained buy slinging mud and bashing someone to make yourself feel better. And you may want to delete your posts in case you do go to court and lose and he uses this to sue you for defamation of character."

Feels different when you're the one getting the shaft.
If you read the post I think he has a good idea in his drives especially the uppers, the lowers are all using the same parts pretty much. It is the lack of service and the leaky cases that everyone is having trouble with. My first post was trying to see if someone knew what was going on with Dean and his shop. I'm not airing out any dirty laundry just would like to speak with Dean about this issue, and it seems so would some other people.

Quick Reply: The Bravo Shop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.