Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Dean at Bravo Shop completely screwed me!!! >

Dean at Bravo Shop completely screwed me!!!

Notices

Dean at Bravo Shop completely screwed me!!!

Old 01-11-2010, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The best advice I can give you is that through your emailings as to price and terms (shipping, delivery date, etc.) you guys somewhere formed a contract. The Seller accepted that contract when he accepted your wire transfer, and ultimately breached his contract with you when he failed to deliever the goods. The UCC governs the sale in the United States, and you should be able to fairly easily sue the guy in Florida court to get your money back. The only problem is... You're in frickin' Norway and its likely going to cost you more to sue the pr!ck than you'll get out of him.

IF you would have used a credit card or an escrow company (I HIGHLY recommend escrow companies... how they work is you pay THEM, not the Seller, you get the goods, you call the escrow company and tell them that you've received the goods, tell them that the goods were as described and you are accepting the goods, and THEN the escrow company releases the money to the Seller) then this whole process would be much, much easier.

If I were you I would contact a Florida attorney (a collections attorney would probably be best) that does business somewhere near the guys place of business. I would tell them your situation, send them any info you have, and ask them if they would take the case on a contingency basis. Using a contingency agreement you don't pay anything to the attorney and they only get paid if they recover some form of money for you. That said, they generally keep a % (probably 50% in this case), so you're more than likely going to be out 50% of the transaction amount, but that's better than 100%.

You could also get the attorney to TRY to get the Seller to ship the goods (if they even exist), and pay the attorney for their work (it would probably take a couple of letters and a couple of hundred dollars).

You could try telling your bank of the fraud and see if they can un-do the wire transfer, or retract that money from his account (I doubt it, but I don't know what Norway's laws are), but I doubt it will do anything for you. You may also be able to sue the Seller in Norway, but it isn't likely going to do much good, because you're going to have to come here to enforce the judgment anyhow. If you need help finding an attorne I would use Florida's State Bar service, or the yellow pages. I would NOT go with someone that has a big flashy ad though. I would look for someone that has a respectible ad and someone that seems professional. Most law firms will talk to you by way of email, and most will provide some sort of advice for free. Just keep looking until you get comfortable with someone.

Last edited by wjb21ndtown; 01-11-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
The best advice I can give you is that through your emailings as to price and terms (shipping, delivery date, etc.) you guys somewhere formed a contract. The Seller accepted that contract when he accepted your wire transfer, and ultimately breached his contract with you when he failed to deliever the goods. The UCC governs the sale in the United States, and you should be able to fairly easily sue the guy in Florida court to get your money back. The only problem is... You're in frickin' Norway and its likely going to cost you more to sue the pr!ck than you'll get out of him.

IF you would have used a credit card or an escrow company (I HIGHLY recommend escrow companies... how they work is you pay THEM, not the Seller, you get the goods, you call the escrow company and tell them that you've received the goods, tell them that the goods were as described and you are accepting the goods, and THEN the escrow company releases the money to the Seller) then this whole process would be much, much easier.

If I were you I would contact a Florida attorney (a collections attorney would probably be best) that does business somewhere near the guys place of business. I would tell them your situation, send them any info you have, and ask them if they would take the case on a contingency basis. Using a contingency agreement you don't pay anything to the attorney and they only get paid if they recover some form of money for you. That said, they generally keep a % (probably 50% in this case), so you're more than likely going to be out 50% of the transaction amount, but that's better than 100%.

You could also get the attorney to TRY to get the Seller to ship the goods (if they even exist), and pay the attorney for their work (it would probably take a couple of letters and a couple of hundred dollars).

You could try telling your bank of the fraud and see if they can un-do the wire transfer, or retract that money from his account (I doubt it, but I don't know what Norway's laws are), but I doubt it will do anything for you. You may also be able to sue the Seller in Norway, but it isn't likely going to do much good, because you're going to have to come here to enforce the judgment anyhow. If you need help finding an attorne I would use Florida's State Bar service, or the yellow pages. I would NOT go with someone that has a big flashy ad though. I would look for someone that has a respectible ad and someone that seems professional. Most law firms will talk to you by way of email, and most will provide some sort of advice for free. Just keep looking until you get comfortable with someone.

Thanks again,
Ivar Grannes

Last edited by ivar grannes; 01-12-2010 at 08:58 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The title of a thread makes all the difference,Like my Mcleod bad business thread, do a goggle on the business's name and it will pop up.

http://www.google.com/search?q=bravo...x=&startPage=1

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:20 AM
Registered

Yesterday a got an email, after waithing 1 mothe for answare, that the drives was shipping aut to day. and this morning a got the shipping papers. so it looks like its gone be a happy ending. and i get the sterdrives a paid for.

Originally Posted by ivar grannes
Thanks again,
Ivar Grannes
Old 01-13-2010, 09:55 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
The title of a thread makes all the difference,Like my Mcleod bad business thread, do a goggle on the business's name and it will pop up.

http://www.google.com/search?q=bravo...x=&startPage=1
this also poped up when searching:
http://www.fedspending.org/faads/faa...ype=T&sortby=i

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 01-13-2010, 10:00 AM
Rob
VIP Member

I heard Konrad ended up with it in the end?

Old 01-13-2010, 10:26 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wally
That is an SBA loan given out after big natural disasters. My guess a hurricane hit you guys, probably Francis or Jean.

SBA was very liberal on giving away money back then. Your kid's lemonade stand qualified for one of these loans back then.

Well that is what it looks like anyway.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:32 PM
Registered

So where do I go for parts for my drives?
Old 01-31-2010, 09:28 AM
Registered

Anyone? Is there another plac to buy parts for my B-Max drives?

thank you
Old 01-31-2010, 09:36 AM
Rob
VIP Member

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ive-parts.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.