Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Warning On Larry Smith Team Scarab 9 Meter >

Warning On Larry Smith Team Scarab 9 Meter

Notices

Warning On Larry Smith Team Scarab 9 Meter

Old 02-05-2010, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be a nice guy and offer to pack and ship his tools back to Texas. Also take care of the shipping charges. Charge $500 for your handling and packaging services (which he was kind enough to pay for in advance).

Problem solved.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Give the buyer his $500 back, but keep his tools and sell them ebay for $500.
phuk me this is a long read, this quote is kinda funny thoe. I have been ripped off on Ebay also, just do a creditcard chargeback and get your $$$. That solves the money issue. Next: what the phuk are you doing leaving a grand in tools behind. Also what kinda hand tools are worth a grand? Where they complete sets of wrenches and sockets made by Snap-on? If snap-on once again how the hell did you forget, I am a mechanic/shop owner and I know where my ****e is all the time.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 646 Likes on 299 Posts
Default Thousand $$$ worth of tools?

I seriously doubt that anybody would not drive 3 hours to retrieve a thousand dollars worth of personal tools, but I guess in this case anything is possible.
As far as the $500, We actually have a saying back home in Viking Country
In this case I do think I'm dealing with a rattler though, so it might be good to take Your advice. It's hard to starve a rattler to death. I'm getting some advice from more objective friends 'till I make a decision. 'Questions of fact' are still gathered. 'Till then all that's left is the usual scene;

P.S. IF ANY tools against all odds were left behind? I will make sure they'll be used while sticking a couple of engines in her. Then boat and tools will be shipped C.O.D. to dear Spencer. D.S.

Last edited by larslindroth; 02-05-2010 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Text.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Registered

Where is the boat located now?
Old 02-05-2010, 05:43 PM
Registered

I going to order some pizzas and pick up a case of beer so I can finish reading the long post's. Does anybody need anything while I am out.

Old 02-06-2010, 04:43 AM
Registered

Received 646 Likes on 299 Posts
Default Checkmate mate...

Didn't get home in time to place an order with You P.H., but now got myself some and since I got some weed wackers myself I took a look at Your posted videos of Checkmate boats. Like the new 30' with the same twin 300XS I'm running on my 29'. Wildman on screamandfly always have some cool Checkmates at hand, some with McLeod interiors and other neat stuff. Also found this Checkmate video collage on YouTube, great boats!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31gV8eVdwkQ&feature=fvw

P.S. Only $480 left now of You lessons learned money P.H., but that's the cost of recruiting Checkmate fans. D.S.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:49 AM
Registered

Quote-
"have been ripped off on Ebay also, just do a creditcard chargeback and get your $$$. That solves the money issue. "

He wasn't ripped off and E-bay won't give him anything because he isn't entitled to it.

Obviously, we have a lot of people chiming in here that have never been to a Mecum, Barrett-Jackson, Richie Bros. or any other kind of vehicle auction.
It's real simple, You bid high, you bought. If you bid on the wrong vehicle, tough. Another like the one you bought sells for less later in the auction, too bad. Wife doesn't like it, your problem.
An auction is a totally different transaction than regluar retail deal. If a buyer isn't prepared for that, he shouldn't be there.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

NO way is he entitled to the deposit back.....He cut a deal AFTER seeing the boat ....
Old 02-06-2010, 01:48 PM
NoQuarter

Originally Posted by PURPLE HORNET
What a fool that seller was letting somebody drag his boat away without full payment.

All these boat problems always start the same.

1.Sending money with out looking at it.
2.Buying a boat only going by what a surveyor says without personal inspection
3. Making payments to the seller.
4. Trusting the seller

Not all of the time the seller is untruthful but I say 95 percent of the time he is not going to offer information. Its always up to the buyer to inspect his boat before purchase.
Agreed.

Lots of long stories in this one. Heres another.

I got taken once. The guy's name was Skip Johnson and the owner of Johnson Boat Works, a one-design sailboat manufacturer. He was well known throughout the huge Racing Community we have here.

I was new to the sport, and he took advantage of that on a used boat I bought directly from him. I discovered that the boat had Major issues, and Club Members told me it wasn't even race worthy.

This was two months after I'd just got out of the US Army Airborne/Air Assault Infantry and I confronted him in his office. He wasn't going to do anything, so I went around to his side of the desk, grabbed his chair and shoved it against the wall and moved in close. He yelled for some workers and they stormed in. I didn't move.

He had some blah, blah and then threated to call the cops... all the usual stuff. I said, "go ahead.' Even longer story short, I never moved, his workers left the office and, he agreed to fix the boat.

The fixes ranged from excellent to average.

Years later, and now racing a Melges, (his competitor) I ran into him at a Regatta; he avoided me, but I was able to get next to him. I asked him, "so what did you think I was going to do that day in your office?" He didn't answer, he moved some folding chairs and left.

These days after much education and Corporate Conditioning my approach to conflict resolution is very different. But some days, I would like to find myself back in the office of Johnson Boat Works.

Old 02-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Registered

Ok , what happened to original poster

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.