Notices

Why was SOS Formed

Old 04-24-2010, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
Just post it here from now on, I dont check PMs often.

Shouldnt you be out taking pictures of Pelicans or something? You should stick to doing what you are best at............pissing people off in the political section. Leave me alone.
I saw another guy post a PM on the front board once.
Some people called him a puke.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe
I saw another guy post a PM on the front board once.
Some people called him a puke.
Probably too much Jager? That does it everytime.

I just added you to my buddy list.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
Probably too much Jager? That does it everytime.

I just added you to my buddy list.
Enjoy your Jager. NP.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
Jesus, relax you guys......

The reason I made my post yesterday, is because seeing many just walking around like the ending of a Saturday Night Live episode, high fives, hugging, etc, while completely ignoring the fact that some of the people involved did nothing but put down this site & it's mods the entire time they were on SOS, was pretty sickening to watch.

They know who they are, and now they're just going to come back over here like nothing ever happened:

"Well, SOS didn't work out for me, I guess I'll just go post on OSO again". Are you going to start having drinks with Heather & Dawn again too? Brunch at Norts?

There ARE some that chose a better way to handle this, and I'm not talking about them....

Airpacker, Cosmic, I wasn't even talking about you guys, because you at LEAST came forward & made whatever statement you felt you needed to regarding your stance on the issue, without playing

Alec, I told you that I didn't care enough to make a statement that implies I have a side, and I still don't. I am only talking to the ones that are just trying to shrug off their comments in the past, so that they can still have a forum to come post on.

So I hope that explains my observation from yesterday to you guys that had it completely wrong. It was pretty harsh, I agree, but so are some of the things I've read about Heather, Dawn, & others, by some of the people digging their OSO flags out of the closet. If those people have a different opinion of me, I couldn't care ANY less.

ahhh I understand it now and I do agree 100%. those guys that came over after it was started and did the sailboat threads and bashing and such. this isn't about either/or, there is room for many diff avenues. Ruth's Chris or Morton's? i wouldn't turn down either, until the owner made me feel not welcome.
That being said and many will attest, I was very vocal to the people that did that as it lent no value whatsoever to either site or the cause to build a site for boaters when those people made us all look bad.
I think deep down the forums help with a communication aspect for people that enjoy this hobby worldwide, collectively it is our job to police it as well. Without OSO, I never would have met some great friends, many of which i communicate daily one of which stroked a check to help me in 06 when my company was tied up in lawsuits, for that I am eternally grateful. For the friendships I have made, I am very protective of them for that very same reason we as a community need to keep a watchful eye out for those that choose to prey upon our generosity. As with anything in life there are going to be people that don't agree, however the fundamental beliefs of right and wrong don't waiver. I cant vouch for people i have never met nor should i be expected to. but for each person to hold their own-selves in check creates a better forum for us all. To me that was the original intent of Serious, it lost is focus about 8-9 minutes into its 15 minutes of fame. To the people that took advantage of it, shame on them, my life goes on as will theirs, but I wont be looking over my shoulder at anyone I screwed.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
ahhh I understand it now and I do agree 100%. those guys that came over after it was started and did the sailboat threads and bashing and such. this isn't about either/or, there is room for many diff avenues. Ruth's Chris or Morton's? i wouldn't turn down either, until the owner made me feel not welcome.
That being said and many will attest, I was very vocal to the people that did that as it lent no value whatsoever to either site or the cause to build a site for boaters when those people made us all look bad.
I think deep down the forums help with a communication aspect for people that enjoy this hobby worldwide, collectively it is our job to police it as well. Without OSO, I never would have met some great friends, many of which i communicate daily one of which stroked a check to help me in 06 when my company was tied up in lawsuits, for that I am eternally grateful. For the friendships I have made, I am very protective of them for that very same reason we as a community need to keep a watchful eye out for those that choose to prey upon our generosity. As with anything in life there are going to be people that don't agree, however the fundamental beliefs of right and wrong don't waiver. I cant vouch for people i have never met nor should i be expected to. but for each person to hold their own-selves in check creates a better forum for us all. To me that was the original intent of Serious, it lost is focus about 8-9 minutes into its 15 minutes of fame. To the people that took advantage of it, shame on them, my life goes on as will theirs, but I wont be looking over my shoulder at anyone I screwed.
Well said.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Rob, I do admit to starting the sailboat/fountain thread, though it was meant as a joke about fountains state at the time. I have made several posts over the last year and half to the fact that the 2 sites are not a competition. I believe one of th statments that I made several times was that if boating were icecream, the 2 sites would simply be different flavors, neither better or worse, just a matter of preference.

Thread in question.. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ut-hunter.html
Old 04-24-2010, 08:29 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=BLee;3094814]Jesus, relax you guys......

The reason I made my post yesterday, is because seeing many just walking around like the ending of a Saturday Night Live episode, high fives, hugging, etc, while completely ignoring the fact that some of the people involved did nothing but put down this site & it's mods the entire time they were on SOS, was pretty sickening to watch.

Airpacker, Cosmic, I wasn't even talking about you guys, because you at LEAST came forward & made whatever statement you felt you needed to regarding your stance on the issue, without playing both sides. I was invited to be a mod over there, so whatever spy theory you're trying to imply doesn't make ANY sense. I'm sorry you guys questioned my appointment, but the ones up top were smarter than to think I was somehow going to screw you all over, or that I would have even considered such a ridiculous idea. I guess only you guys would come up with such a back stabbing plan, since I've never heard anyone else accuse me, or those I am friends with, of something so beneath our character.

Brandon, I never implied you were a spy at all and please don't think that. All I ment by that was that everything that went on over there was discused and voted on by the board and when you came over it was just poof you were named Super Mod without any word of it happening at all, it just happened outa the blue and the rest of us knew nothing about it and myself and others were bothered by the way it happened. My statment was and is in no way accuse'n you of anything. And my statements or what I said when I left and I was the 1st to go was that I didn't agree with the way the board as a whole was handle'n the mess and it was turning into something that would have been stopped out on the board in a heart beat by any one of us, what went on in that room was totaly shamefull and against everything we stood for and it was pushed on and on by a few and the one and I wanted no part of it just as I really wish I could have kept outa all this crap here. Its just to bad that all this couldn't have been taken care of there .
Old 04-25-2010, 04:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
Rob, I do admit to starting the sailboat/fountain thread, though it was meant as a joke about fountains state at the time. I have made several posts over the last year and half to the fact that the 2 sites are not a competition. I believe one of th statments that I made several times was that if boating were icecream, the 2 sites would simply be different flavors, neither better or worse, just a matter of preference.

Thread in question.. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ut-hunter.html
I agree and I watched you post that comment on numerous occassions.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
Jesus, relax you guys......

They know who they are, and now they're just going to come back over here like nothing ever happened:

"Well, SOS didn't work out for me, I guess I'll just go post on OSO again". Are you going to start having drinks with Heather & Dawn again too? Brunch at Norts?

There ARE some that chose a better way to handle this, and I'm not talking about them....

Airpacker, Cosmic, I wasn't even talking about you guys, because you at LEAST came forward & made whatever statement you felt you needed to regarding your stance on the issue, without playing both sides. I was invited to be a mod over there, so whatever spy theory you're trying to imply doesn't make ANY sense. I'm sorry you guys questioned my appointment, but the ones up top were smarter than to think I was somehow going to screw you all over, or that I would have even considered such a ridiculous idea. I guess only you guys would come up with such a back stabbing plan, since I've never heard anyone else accuse me, or those I am friends with, of something so beneath our character.

Alec, I told you that I didn't care enough to make a statement that implies I have a side, and I still don't. I am only talking to the ones that are just trying to shrug off their comments in the past, so that they can still have a forum to come post on.

So I hope that explains my observation from yesterday to you guys that had it completely wrong. It was pretty harsh, I agree, but so are some of the things I've read about Heather, Dawn, & others, by some of the people digging their OSO flags out of the closet. If those people have a different opinion of me, I couldn't care ANY less.
Fair enough Brandon. Your post was a POS. I wanted clarification and you have provided it somewhat.

Your post came across as if your were standing behind the OSO administration line calling the entire board of SOS "dick suckers" and calling SOS in general a "feeble attempt".
Is that what you meant? SOS was a feeble attempt?

I didn't take kindly to either comment and sure found it strange that you, an SOS Super Mod would make such a comment unless you personally felt that you were not really one of the board of directors of SOS or that you were trying to cover your own azz by blaming others. Usually, people don't refer to themselves or a group they are purportedly a part of as "dick suckers" do they? Your comments inferred that you had still been working with heather even though you claimed to have left the OSO building to become a Super Mod on SOS. Hard to tell which bed you were sleeping in by those comments.

Now, can you please clarify what you meant by "FEEBLE ATTEMPT" and having it shoved up our collective azzes?

PS. I do not do the "Back Stabbing Plan" thing. Never have, never will. It should be pretty obvious to you by now that I confront my accusers and aggressors from the front, everytime.

Last edited by Airpacker; 04-25-2010 at 07:03 AM.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:10 AM
Registered

What amazes me is that all you folks have so much time to worry about any website, here or there. Wish I had that much time on my hands...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.