Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
I found a nice article on SOS >

I found a nice article on SOS

Notices

I found a nice article on SOS

Old 05-02-2010, 12:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Church tomorrow. Maybe some of you need to go yourselves. Goodnight all.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:04 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good idea about repenting.
I had a bunch of my friends involved in something that wasted a bunch of their time and effort.
My bad.

I listened to a pinhead that went to court over a case that settled for 91.67.

Old 05-02-2010, 05:41 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Nick, Alex, Ted and Craig,
First let me say yes, I know I'm a 2 bit goofball, with a slow boat, high school dropout struggling to get a college education to buy a faster boat. I have to say this, somebody has to say this. The four of you, along with Chris, the rest of the boardmembers and founders phucked up. You didn't learn the lesson of the wrong you tried to right. Serious was born from the chaos that was created when the single owner of OSO sold the ship. You all claim to be great buisnessmen, accountants etc. Why, with such great visions for serious, did you not form it as a non-pofit entity for the promotion of the sport? Complete with a real board, a real treasurer, a real secratary to keep track of things? You could have easily kept track of how much each of you contributed, so reimbursement could happen when serious became self supporting. When a situation such as this occured, you could have easily held a vote and ousted your problem.

Now, because it wasnt done right in the beginning and one man was put in control, you guys with the help of a volunteer militia have set out on a mission to prove the emperor has no clothes. In doing so you have nuked and carpet bombed the very thing you worked so hard to create. You worked to build a wondeful metropolis, but you formed a monarchy instead of a democracy. Now the townsfolk are being called phucktards, idiots and imbicles for saying they like the very town you worked so hard to create.

Im am not white knighting Chris, nor am I accusing him. That is not the intent of this post. This post is about Serious, about the many members who enjoyed it, who made it a part of their daily lives. The people who said they belonged to SOS with pride. The people who went to key west parties and pool parties, the people who raced boats with serious stickers, and there is lot of them, I know, I handed them out with pride. These very people now see something they enjoy and care about being ripped apart before their very eyes.

Because you original people fled a troubled monarchy,built a new city and declared it the promised land. You built a substandard foundation and its crumbeling.

To those people who followed you, you owe an apology.

If Chris is 100% guilty of everything he is accused of, completly innocent or somewhere inbetween, it is you who made him king instead of a elected and impeachable offical.
And yes, I hold Chris equally at fault. You were all involved in that which is causing such discontent.

You collectively formed serious because of the unhappieness with property that was sold. You were unhappy with the owner of what you created and tried to buy him out.
Why on god's blue ocean did you not learn the lesson and create an entity instead of a property when you had the resources to do so?

I stand behind my words, I believe in what I have written. If anyone has a problem with my words, I take full responsibilty for them and stand here before you to defend them.

Last edited by phragle; 05-02-2010 at 06:17 AM.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:25 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Good post Rob and valid points. I'll address what I can and then the others can fill n from there. In the beginning I said out loud and time and time again that the site be put together as a board so no one person has end control, but put one person in place to have final decision, same as a corp. I also suggested it be set up as a non profit for tax purposes. Chris said I was a bully, it just didn't fit in with his delusion of being an offshore Svengali.
You mention of having a slow boat, to me/us that didnt matter how fast it is, the fact that you have one and didnt fabricate owning real legends is all the difference in the world. I'm out on my friends fish boat every chance I get because the Tiger sucks for fishing, i love his lil center console. it's not about the boat, it's about the lies.
Did we put him up there, yes and no, natural progression took place in the building of a site, in the beginning he was humble and said it's not about himself, towards the end it was his word or nothing, that's when I left. He is the one that changed the rules in the middle of the game. I'll be the first to admit I'm gullible, I don't tell lies so I just assume everyone else doesn't, they have nothing to prove to me, why lie about it, I'll accept them for who they are, not what they have.
I was proud of what was built, but that had a drastic flaw in the foundation. As i have said to many others "if for one second you think that Chris is doing something that doesn't benefit himself, you are sorely mistaken".

battle-cry, since you mentioned db71, he started a thread over there asking about opinions on Michael Vick, he was immediately told he was trolling by a moderator because he asked a question and wanted differing opinions, i was the first one to stick up for him because it was a legitimate thread. boy did I get blasted, that was one of the reasons i left, is certain mods were attacking people just for doing what is done on forums, talk, debate.

And incidentally, youre welcome to drink beers or ride with me anytime.

Last edited by offshoredrillin; 05-02-2010 at 07:07 AM.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
First let me say yes, I know I'm a 2 bit goofball, with a slow boat, high school dropout struggling to get a college education to buy a faster boat. I have to say this, somebody has to say this. The four of you, along with Chris, the rest of the boardmembers and founders phucked up. You didn't learn the lesson of the wrong you tried to right. Serious was born from the chaos that was created when the single owner of OSO sold the ship. You all claim to be great buisnessmen, accountants etc. Why, with such great visions for serious, did you not form it as a non-pofit entity for the promotion of the sport? Complete with a real board, a real treasurer, a real secratary to keep track of things? You could have easily kept track of how much each of you contributed, so reimbursement could happen when serious became self supporting. When a situation such as this occured, you could have easily held a vote and ousted your problem.

Now, because it wasnt done right in the beginning and one man was put in control, you guys with the help of a volunteer militia have set out on a mission to prove the emperor has no clothes. In doing so you have nuked and carpet bombed the very thing you worked so hard to create. You worked to build a wondeful metropolis, but you formed a monarchy instead of a democracy. Now the townsfolk are being called phucktards, idiots and imbicles for saying they like the very town you worked so hard to create.

Im am not white knighting Chris, nor am I accusing him. That is not the intent of this post. This post is about Serious, about the many members who enjoyed it, who made it a part of their daily lives. The people who said they belonged to SOS with pride. The people who went to key west parties and pool parties, the people who raced boats with serious stickers, and there is lot of them, I know, I handed them out with pride. These very people now see something they enjoy and care about being ripped apart before their very eyes.

Because you original people fled a troubled monarchy,built a new city and declared it the promised land. You built a substandard foundation and its crumbeling.

If Chris is 100% guilty of everything he is accused of, completly innocent or somewhere inbetween, it is you who made him king instead of a elected and impeachable offical.
And yes, I hold Chris equally at fault. You were all involved in that which is causing such discontent.

You collectively formed serious because of the unhappieness with property that was sold. You were unhappy with the owner of what you created and tried to buy him out.
Why on god's blue ocean did you not learn the lesson and create an entity instead of a property when you had the resources to do so?

I stand behind my words, I believe in what I have written. If anyone has a problem with my words, I take full responsibilty for them and stand here before you to defend them.
Hey Rob. contact any founding board member, past or present and ask them how SOS was described in the beginning. We, the underlings were told the site was being built by us, for us.
It would be run day to day by members and all big descisions were to be addressed and ratified by the board of directors. That sounds like a perect democracy doesn't it?

A little while ago, we were told directly by Chris "in his own words" that in his opinion, the board of directors was in place solely to support HIS descisions.

That sounds a little like a chairman of the board gone rogue doesn't it? Like a commander in chief declaring martial law.
When board members questioned or complained, they were either ignored like the main moderators were over the "Brandon Affair" or pilleried by the one holding the keys to the door. Occasionally placated by BS spun with great style but always done to cover up a lack of results.

I left as a result of mistrust and false accusations against myself and my friends by other board members looking to improve their position under Chris and his autocratic system. I don't take orders very well, particularily if I see no truth in them.

Where we, as the founders and board of directors SCREWED up was by allowing Chris to retain "Ownership" of the site from day one.

On that point you are very correct.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:13 AM
Registered

Rob, (Phragle) I couldn't agree more with just about every word you wrote its almost like you read my mind.
I loved that little town we built and deeply miss it but now I can't even go there to read post's because I no longer have membership beacuse of what I have said in this or any of the other threads about this BS and that was very little and never accused anyone of anything but it would seem that if I'm not 100% for HIM I am not allowed in his town anymore.
I spent countless hours there as a founder/boardmember/Mod from day one I hated leave'n home but I couldn't deal with the way it was being handled and what the out come would be from the way it was handled in the board room after the buy out offer came in. I am not pointing at any one person on the board (besides Chris) but I can tell ya it got ugly in there and was NOT what I had put all the hours and hours of effort in for.
This chit ( on here)would have never happened had it been handled better by the few that turned it into(the boardroom) a bar room braul.
I believe the offer was made to save the city from a dictator and in the end would have been set up much the way you decribe but it had to happen before it was made self supportive, it was an attempt to save the town from future distruction. As soon as the first bomb was dropped it was doomed and I took a direct hit to the heart.
To each and every member on SOS you have my deepest and most heart felt apology, if you feel you have been let down on unkept promise's believe me I feel the pain.
I am now a homeless stranger in a strange land and I cannot
grock.

Last edited by cosmic12; 05-02-2010 at 08:21 AM.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:22 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cigracing1
"How I screwed Chirs Sunkin
I agreed to sell Mr. Sunkin a trailer of mine for $1,000.00 and the ball was in my court to get back with Mr. Sunkin on when it would be ready. Mr. Sunkin emailed me the other day to check on the status and i told him i have decided not to sell and that i would be keeping the trailer for another project. Breaking this agreement put Mr. Sunkin in a tuff situation, for if i had contacted him 36 hours earlier he could have had his boat picked up cost free. I realize I let the OSO family down and will remove myself from anymore contact on OSO.

Chris i sincerely apologize for this matter and in no way meant any harm to you or OSO.

Regards,

Colin
cigracing1

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Not necessary to leave the family.

Lets call it a lesson learned and a piece of charachter development for you. All our actions come at a cost. You made a mistake and owned up to it like a man and for that I respect you.

For me, the issue is closed. Good luck on your Firefox project.
Originally Posted by cigracing1
I actually had sent Chris an email saying we decided not to sell the trailer and was sorry for any inconvenience. I had never once traded phone calls with him nor do I know him so thought it was a pretty simple sorry we are keeping are trailer and move on, Nope! I got this email from Chris basically saying he would ruin my reputation on OSO unless I titled a thread in the general section stating I screwed him.

I was focused on the rebuild of our 24 Cigarette Firefox in memory of my brother and so I didn’t want him to ruin anything I did what he asked.
More Sunkin Skullduggery

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 05-02-2010 at 10:29 AM.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle

Mornin Rob

I appreciate your comments, coming from someone that clearly throughout the existence of SOS waved its flag as much as anyone else.
On more than one occassion I myself noticed that despite not being a boardmember you and MM did as much as you could do to help foster the enthusiasm of a great new community and fostered familial relationships with the members.
I fully understand your current upset.

But dont throw rocks or blame at the wrong target.

None of the boardmembers ever were in a position to VOTE out the owner of the place, nor should we have been.
If you listen to the liar that owned the site he had "160k" of his own money invested and was writing checks for "~3500" a month for our enjoyment over there.
Why would anyone in that position put himself in a position that he could get voted out?
Silly thought.

If anyone is guilty of anything here its is being allowed to be duped. We are all guilty.
Whether the site was an LLC which was promised and never happened or personally owned and controlled by an individual, it matters not.

When you watch and listen to the originator who is a self described boating expert, corporate genius , friend of icons and boat company owners you become a believer in the fact that his singular ownership will be handled responsibly.
Thats backed up by the fact that the entities total worth is being generated by volunteers.

It is no ones business that Chris Sunkin ran SOS money through his personal PayPal acct or a Serious Acct.

What is everyones business is that he attempted to keep money from a charity and he captured everyones efforts and hard work by Bullshtting them to death.

What part of the role assigned to the four of us did we not perform??
Moderating was even handed, quick and accurate, the admin was the same , with no down time. The site was promoted as much as it could be. Where are the icons, where are the racers where is the charity invovement??

I'm answering you on a site that is 10 times the size of SOS.
Did they have a KW party with 700 attendees or a Miami Party with similar numbers??

Nope.

Focus your upset at the guilty party here.
The only way to rid an establishment of a cancerous thieving scumbag owner is to buy his position. We tried, it failed.

To your comment about the four of us owing anyone an apology. Preposterous .
We saw what we didnt like, we tried to fix it on many peoples behaves, it didnt work, we left.
We made a decision and will live by it. You have done the same.

In hindsight the man made a bad business decision. A month from now it will appear worse.

But I dont think Chris Sunkin has the ability to deliver the site to a new owner. I think it is controlled effectively by an unknown party and that Chris has used its future value as collateral for large borrowings.
But thats just me.

With Respect to a SOS enthusiast feeling equally fked over by Chris Sunkin

Last edited by Catastrophe; 05-02-2010 at 09:04 AM.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:49 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Below is a composited screen capture of the first twelve posts of the raffle thread from sos.

Please focus on the last post by davidmnc where he quotes chris sunkin.

If you scroll back up through the posts you will notice that the quoted post does not exist.

This raises some questions in my mind.

This has happened on numerous occaisions and makes it virtually impossible to call out someone or have them stand by what they have said. Anyone who alters or deletes posts must have something to hide and can't be trusted.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 05-02-2010, 12:04 PM
Registered

Gentlemen. The month is May. The charity raffle was in early September. Why is this "all of a sudden" the huge problem. Are we having anger issues about something else? Maybe because of a failed "takeover" attempt? Im not posting to stick up for Chris or SOS because personally, I wouldnt give 2 sh*ts if he pulled the plug tomorrow. Im posting because of how truly pathetic you guys have become (you know who you are, you will be the ones to retaliate on this post).

Next, lets worry about what Chris has or has not owned. Personally, I dont give a damn. I dont want to get involved with this subject, but I will tell you that I have alot of seat time in a truck that supposedly doesnt exist towing boats that dont exist. Did I imagine this? Did I commit Grand Theft Auto, because I suddenly dont know who this stuff belonged to. Something to think about...........

Jayboat, please dont respond. Your posts have become boring. Plus you keep posting these big ass pictures and I have to scroll side to side to read the thread. Maybe you should take that new camera lens back and repay the members of SOS that donated all that money. Surely you wouldnt want to take money from a tainted website like that.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.