Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
BEWARE!! PERFORMANCE TRAILER, LAKE GEORGE NY (Long Rant) >

BEWARE!! PERFORMANCE TRAILER, LAKE GEORGE NY (Long Rant)

Like Tree74Likes

BEWARE!! PERFORMANCE TRAILER, LAKE GEORGE NY (Long Rant)

Reply

Old 06-30-2016, 09:17 PM
  #91
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 7
Default

Thank you Justin! Appreciate your positive feedback.
Hope to see you on the lake.
Bpperformance16 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 09:18 PM
  #92
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 7
Default

Look forward to working with you!!!
Bpperformance16 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 06:34 PM
  #93
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Jersey Shore , Cape Coral Fl
My Boat: Mystic 4200
Posts: 175
Default

As a follow up tp my 06-14-2016 post, " I have had 3 Performance trailers over the years, the last one that Bill built for us was about a year and a half ago. I Have been speaking with him over last two months about premature paint perforation and rust. The good news is he assured me he will fix it. At this point I'm waiting for him to pick up the Trailer on a return trip back to Lake George after dropping two trailers in Virginia. I'm optimistic that I will be able to follow up with a Bill is a man of his word post "
Sorry to say Bill hasn't lived up to his word and the new owner Brock,told me on the phone he has no liability for the old company.
bellmitsubishi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 05:26 PM
  #94
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lake George NY / Jackson WY
My Boat: 38' fountain lightning whippled 540's, 27" fountain canopy "king of shaves" rc
Posts: 282
Default

Originally Posted by bellmitsubishi View Post
As a follow up tp my 06-14-2016 post, " I have had 3 Performance trailers over the years, the last one that Bill built for us was about a year and a half ago. I Have been speaking with him over last two months about premature paint perforation and rust. The good news is he assured me he will fix it. At this point I'm waiting for him to pick up the Trailer on a return trip back to Lake George after dropping two trailers in Virginia. I'm optimistic that I will be able to follow up with a Bill is a man of his word post "
Sorry to say Bill hasn't lived up to his word and the new owner Brock,told me on the phone he has no liability for the old company.
Just out of curiosity, do you dip the trailer into salt water?
newfountainguy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 07:20 PM
  #95
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Northern NY
My Boat: '06 35 Lightning Merc HP 525's aka The Black Biotch
Posts: 5,196
Default

Originally Posted by newfountainguy View Post
Just out of curiosity, do you dip the trailer into salt water?

Who? Me? No, never did I do the dirty salty deed.

Mine is over 10 years old, and it still looks it's ugly galvanized self. When I got this trailer I talked to Bill about a slick painted up and tricked out trailer rather than this ugly turd I have. Bill said, that turd will look "Perfectly" ugly 10 years from now, why would you switch?

Why do you people continue to beat on a man that has sold his business and moved on?

Jersey ain;t near no salty water. Right.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 08-28-2016 at 07:24 PM.
RaggedEdge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 04:40 PM
  #96
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1
Default

Wow !!!! A "rant" to quote the OP himself/herself - that is upwards of 15 years old - or going on TWO DECADES OLD!! Suffice to say, Offshore Only should remove satale posts and Performance Trailer in Lake George (Warrensburg) is now a standup first-rate operation run by a new owner who takes pride in his work and values his customers to the utmost. In my recent experience, and first connection with Performance Trailer, I hauled my boat up from Florida on our annual trek to Lake George for the summer. Had several trailer issues on the way up and Performance Trailer was recommended to me by several people both in Bolton Landing and Lake George. The shop is only about 20 minutes from Diamond Point - straight up the mountain to Warrensburg. Upon arrival I entered a spotlessly clean and organized workshop housing spectacular trailers for both average sized and very large boats. I met with the new owner - Brock - and we agreed on a price for construction of a new trailer for my 22' Sea Ray Sun Deck. Needless to say it was the best move I've ever made in my boating years. The trailer is solid, impeccably constructed, beautifully pained, handles like a dream and was delivered on schedule with zero cost overruns. For me to simply say I recommend Performance Trailer would be an understatement. They are highly recommended by me and I consider them to be the best in the business.

John M.
regal87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 07:45 AM
  #97
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member
 
Wobble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 2950'49.74"N 95 5'17.55"W.......TEXAS
My Boat: SeaDoo RXP & RXP-X, Stryker Equalizer 28, Eliminator Daytona Jet
Posts: 6,986
Default

Originally Posted by regal87 View Post
Wow !!!! A "rant" to quote the OP himself/herself - that is upwards of 15 years old - or going on TWO DECADES OLD!! Suffice to say, Offshore Only should remove satale posts and Performance Trailer in Lake George (Warrensburg) is now a standup first-rate operation run by a new owner who takes pride in his work and values his customers to the utmost. In my recent experience, and first connection with Performance Trailer, I hauled my boat up from Florida on our annual trek to Lake George for the summer. Had several trailer issues on the way up and Performance Trailer was recommended to me by several people both in Bolton Landing and Lake George. The shop is only about 20 minutes from Diamond Point - straight up the mountain to Warrensburg. Upon arrival I entered a spotlessly clean and organized workshop housing spectacular trailers for both average sized and very large boats. I met with the new owner - Brock - and we agreed on a price for construction of a new trailer for my 22' Sea Ray Sun Deck. Needless to say it was the best move I've ever made in my boating years. The trailer is solid, impeccably constructed, beautifully pained, handles like a dream and was delivered on schedule with zero cost overruns. For me to simply say I recommend Performance Trailer would be an understatement. They are highly recommended by me and I consider them to be the best in the business.

John M.
See posts 76 and 77 in this thread for an update.
Wobble is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 08:03 AM
  #98
dcb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
dcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Falmouth, Va/ PGI, Fl
My Boat: 2007 35 Lightning staggered 525s
Posts: 437
Default

Interesting first post....
dcb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 10:57 AM
  #99
GRH
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
My Boat: Velocity 290SC
Posts: 559
Default

Business is bankrupt..... new owner disappeared
GRH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 04:42 PM
  #100
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Lake George, NY
My Boat: 06 Pantera 24
Posts: 1,238
Default

I stopped in after he took it over, seemed like everything was going well. Trailers being assembled in the shop. Too bad, seemed like a nice guy. Maybe his superboat will be for sale, Looks like it went pretty good
class6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Donzi John
Northeast US
14
02-27-2008 08:23 PM
formuladude312
General Boating Discussion
5
07-06-2005 07:01 PM
Shane
General Boating Discussion
1
03-06-2003 06:26 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Quick Reply: BEWARE!! PERFORMANCE TRAILER, LAKE GEORGE NY (Long Rant)


OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser