Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
BEWARE!! PERFORMANCE TRAILER, LAKE GEORGE NY (Long Rant) >

BEWARE!! PERFORMANCE TRAILER, LAKE GEORGE NY (Long Rant)

Notices

BEWARE!! PERFORMANCE TRAILER, LAKE GEORGE NY (Long Rant)

Old 05-10-2002, 04:07 PM
GRH

I'd like to avoid that if possible.... When I find out more about it I'll let ya know.... Your right .... I can't keep up with one thread let alone two.....

Old 03-13-2016, 12:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the complete opposite experience with Bill over at Performance. I had bought a 97 Baja Outlaw 33 in 2007 with a 2006 Performance tri-axle trailer. After a few months of using it the drum brakes seized up on me. I was posting on here about my experience and Bill jumped in and installed 3 sets of kodiak brakes for me at the cost of the hardware only!

So perhaps since this post in 2002 things have turned around at Performance Trailer!

-mike
'14 VW Touareg TDI
'17 Holden Commodore 6MT
'13 Subaru BRZ Spec 86 Cup Race Car
Old 03-13-2016, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

YEARS AGO -- Talk about interesting trailer people!!

I was working for a consulting company doing quality management consulting. I was asked to visit a trailer manufacturer because they were noticing a very high incidence of broken tail light assemblies that were being put in a "snowmobile trailer". I arrived at the operation and was met by the Plant Manager and the Head of Quality. They both said the same thing-- couldn't figure out why the lights were cracking. So after a cup of coffee and listening to these guys - I said well let's go out and see what the issue is - they were assembling the trailers while I was there.

I watched the "assembler" take a light assembly place it over the hole in the bumper and tap it with a rubber mallet (this was the same process they have used for the last 10 years)-- and guess what-- it shattered in front of my eyes. NOW I CAN'T MAKE THIS UP (I'm not that smart). The holes on the trailer bumper were round and the light assembly portion that would fit into the bumper was square. Yes -- they were trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

I immediately looked around for a hidden camera to see if they were recording this - thinking this was the ultimate practical joke -- NOPE -- They restated that they couldn't figure this out. I smiled and explained the problem - and they finally got it--- Came back to the office in about 1 hour (including travel time) case closed 4 hours billable time!

3pointstar
Old 03-13-2016, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 406 Likes on 181 Posts

Must be able to pass a drug test was not on the job app.
Old 04-06-2016, 01:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The dealership I worked for bought hundreds of trailers from performance over the years , Never ! I repeat never had a quality control issue !! Great people !
Old 04-06-2016, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

We have ordered several new PERFORMANCE trailers from Bill and his crew for new Outerlimits. All showed up on time, fit and towed perfectly. Sorry you had a bad experience, mine was always pleasant.
Old 04-07-2016, 01:02 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Well I really think the Op got shafted twice. Once by the trailer company that has no QC. And second, by his mechanic. Any mechanic should have a simple VM to check wiring . My god its a 10 minute at most test.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:00 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW, a 14 year old thread carries on as if time stopped. That's a bit unfair!
Old 04-07-2016, 06:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wobble
No Sh!t! This is how reputations continue to be ruined... Different people, under different management, different circumstances.... Keep things current.
Old 04-15-2016, 10:05 AM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Wobble
Bill is still in business building custom trailers 14 years later for anyone who wants the best...such as OL, Hustler, and the list goes on... that should be proof positive the guy that started this thread was an exception....not the rule....

Last edited by GRH; 04-15-2016 at 10:08 AM.

Quick Reply: BEWARE!! PERFORMANCE TRAILER, LAKE GEORGE NY (Long Rant)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.