Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
BEWARE!! PERFORMANCE TRAILER, LAKE GEORGE NY (Long Rant) >

BEWARE!! PERFORMANCE TRAILER, LAKE GEORGE NY (Long Rant)

Notices

BEWARE!! PERFORMANCE TRAILER, LAKE GEORGE NY (Long Rant)

Old 06-30-2016, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you Justin! Appreciate your positive feedback.
Hope to see you on the lake.
Old 06-30-2016, 09:18 PM
Registered

Look forward to working with you!!!
Old 08-23-2016, 06:34 PM
Registered

As a follow up tp my 06-14-2016 post, " I have had 3 Performance trailers over the years, the last one that Bill built for us was about a year and a half ago. I Have been speaking with him over last two months about premature paint perforation and rust. The good news is he assured me he will fix it. At this point I'm waiting for him to pick up the Trailer on a return trip back to Lake George after dropping two trailers in Virginia. I'm optimistic that I will be able to follow up with a Bill is a man of his word post "
Sorry to say Bill hasn't lived up to his word and the new owner Brock,told me on the phone he has no liability for the old company.
Old 08-28-2016, 05:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bellmitsubishi
As a follow up tp my 06-14-2016 post, " I have had 3 Performance trailers over the years, the last one that Bill built for us was about a year and a half ago. I Have been speaking with him over last two months about premature paint perforation and rust. The good news is he assured me he will fix it. At this point I'm waiting for him to pick up the Trailer on a return trip back to Lake George after dropping two trailers in Virginia. I'm optimistic that I will be able to follow up with a Bill is a man of his word post "
Sorry to say Bill hasn't lived up to his word and the new owner Brock,told me on the phone he has no liability for the old company.
Just out of curiosity, do you dip the trailer into salt water?
Old 08-28-2016, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by newfountainguy
Just out of curiosity, do you dip the trailer into salt water?

Who? Me? No, never did I do the dirty salty deed.

Mine is over 10 years old, and it still looks it's ugly galvanized self. When I got this trailer I talked to Bill about a slick painted up and tricked out trailer rather than this ugly turd I have. Bill said, that turd will look "Perfectly" ugly 10 years from now, why would you switch?

Why do you people continue to beat on a man that has sold his business and moved on?

Jersey ain;t near no salty water. Right.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 08-28-2016 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:40 PM
Registered

Wow !!!! A "rant" to quote the OP himself/herself - that is upwards of 15 years old - or going on TWO DECADES OLD!! Suffice to say, Offshore Only should remove satale posts and Performance Trailer in Lake George (Warrensburg) is now a standup first-rate operation run by a new owner who takes pride in his work and values his customers to the utmost. In my recent experience, and first connection with Performance Trailer, I hauled my boat up from Florida on our annual trek to Lake George for the summer. Had several trailer issues on the way up and Performance Trailer was recommended to me by several people both in Bolton Landing and Lake George. The shop is only about 20 minutes from Diamond Point - straight up the mountain to Warrensburg. Upon arrival I entered a spotlessly clean and organized workshop housing spectacular trailers for both average sized and very large boats. I met with the new owner - Brock - and we agreed on a price for construction of a new trailer for my 22' Sea Ray Sun Deck. Needless to say it was the best move I've ever made in my boating years. The trailer is solid, impeccably constructed, beautifully pained, handles like a dream and was delivered on schedule with zero cost overruns. For me to simply say I recommend Performance Trailer would be an understatement. They are highly recommended by me and I consider them to be the best in the business.

John M.
Old 09-24-2016, 07:45 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by regal87
Wow !!!! A "rant" to quote the OP himself/herself - that is upwards of 15 years old - or going on TWO DECADES OLD!! Suffice to say, Offshore Only should remove satale posts and Performance Trailer in Lake George (Warrensburg) is now a standup first-rate operation run by a new owner who takes pride in his work and values his customers to the utmost. In my recent experience, and first connection with Performance Trailer, I hauled my boat up from Florida on our annual trek to Lake George for the summer. Had several trailer issues on the way up and Performance Trailer was recommended to me by several people both in Bolton Landing and Lake George. The shop is only about 20 minutes from Diamond Point - straight up the mountain to Warrensburg. Upon arrival I entered a spotlessly clean and organized workshop housing spectacular trailers for both average sized and very large boats. I met with the new owner - Brock - and we agreed on a price for construction of a new trailer for my 22' Sea Ray Sun Deck. Needless to say it was the best move I've ever made in my boating years. The trailer is solid, impeccably constructed, beautifully pained, handles like a dream and was delivered on schedule with zero cost overruns. For me to simply say I recommend Performance Trailer would be an understatement. They are highly recommended by me and I consider them to be the best in the business.

John M.
See posts 76 and 77 in this thread for an update.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:03 AM
dcb
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting first post....
Old 12-14-2017, 10:57 AM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Business is bankrupt..... new owner disappeared
Old 12-15-2017, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I stopped in after he took it over, seemed like everything was going well. Trailers being assembled in the shop. Too bad, seemed like a nice guy. Maybe his superboat will be for sale, Looks like it went pretty good