Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Here's My Beef With Legend Marine >

Here's My Beef With Legend Marine

Notices

Here's My Beef With Legend Marine

Old 05-05-2010, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Been in water once, big difference from my 03 35. Cruised along mid-nineties in some pretty big water (could not keep props in water) a few weeks back, a bunch of throttle left. More of a shake-down run than anything else.

XCPilot, glad you were able to hit the century mark.

Ragged, been too busy getting work done to go smile again but it gives me a goal to work towards !
Old 05-05-2010, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 1,319 Likes on 737 Posts

Originally Posted by xcpilot
When is that boat going in the water anyway? We had mine up to 100.3 once on the Smartcraft GPS and 98 on another run in some big 3-4 foot chop on the lake.
What fuel load, air temp and how many people?

That is moving for 525's, kellyo yours will be a beast.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:39 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by xcpilot
According to a dealer who will remain nameless (I have stirred up enough crap already) the dealers margin selling these bank repos is 10%. So its not like they are selling these boats for nothing. They are still picking up 15-20 thousand dollars moving one of these and they have no carrying costs.
10% is historically a very tight deal. I would RARELY do a deal for less. As an industry, you need to avg 17% to run a viable dealership. And at that rate, your not getting rich. Again, lack of knowledge. Not trying to break your balls, just reinforcing my prior posts.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DollaBill
10% is historically a very tight deal. I would RARELY do a deal for less. As an industry, you need to avg 17% to run a viable dealership. And at that rate, your not getting rich. Again, lack of knowledge. Not trying to break your balls, just reinforcing my prior posts.
10% is too low when you don't have to pay floor plan???
Old 05-05-2010, 12:25 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You dont/shouldnt have to pay floor on most of your inventory if you stock it and turn it properly. The floor is paid by the mfg for roughly 90-365 depending on the unit. Obviously the higher the invoice the longer the juice is paid.

Yes, 10% would be the minimum "normal" deal. And at that number it's a no-frills deal. A la carte all the way. Obviously some deals are done for less like friends, family, old units etc. anything over 20% has always been considered a home run deal.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont think it should matter what type of price break the guy got. if the boat wasnt ready for delivery it wasnt ready. as for batteries if the dealer would have called sayen they were shot I would be willing to bet he would have said change em out insteade of being surprised.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by DollaBill

Being somewhat of an insider here I agree with the percentages required to make things work. But a "bank owned" deal is really more of a brokerage relationship and 10% is a fair number industry wide. Costs related to the sale in a brokerage deal are always above and beyond the base fee, such as storage/dockage, launch for trial, etc., and not on the dealer. So that would make tomtbone's comment about the 10% pretty accurate, a reasonable fee for services in light of no costs associated with the boat for sale.

In any event, one's expectation of a new boat purchased, from an established dealer, being ready for use when delivered in my book goes without saying. I have sold and delivered more than a few boats over the last 8-9 years, done my best to portray them for what they were. Have made right things that were unforseen, gone to bat with the dealership in behalf of the buyer, and even gone so far as to pay out of my own pocket for things when I felt the dealership was not responsible, all to make for a happy boater.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:35 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ragged, now thats service!!!
Others should take note.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why not just find out wich bank has the boat then deal with them that is what a friend of mine did on an 08 42. Then you dont have to screw with SHADY A$$ dealers! It appears that there are no honest dealers left!!
Old 05-06-2010, 02:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
What fuel load, air temp and how many people?

That is moving for 525's, kellyo yours will be a beast.
Fuel load was fairly light, about 1/4 tank if I remember. there was three of us in the boat and the temp was in the low seventies. We had a tailwind and some good waves to get the hull loose. Probably ideal conditions. Last weekend after Desert Storm I topped out at 96 in calmer water and about 85 degrees, with a half tank of fuel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.