Sunkin Ejection Stories >

Sunkin Ejection Stories

Notices

Sunkin Ejection Stories

Old 06-22-2010, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
One thing I do remember, before SOS was created, there was a mass exodus of members and they joined Boatfreaks.org.... After they joined (I won't say names), they began making demands to the Boatfreaks moderators that certain functions "must" be added (like chat for instance) in order for them to "hang out there." With that being said, the moderators and folks behind the scenes who own the site, MADE IT HAPPEN... Then SOS came along and they completely abandoned ship, even though their "demands" were met... That's a pretty f'ed up thing to do, no? Sounds like they wanted their "own" playground...
Originally Posted by Racegirl3
You know what Frank ... thats one thing thats always bothered me too ... the mass exodus to Boatfreaks and then the exit. The guys that run Boatfreaks are great guys and were more than generous to everybody. I still wear my Boatfreaks apparel proudly .... burnt my Serious shirt over a year ago Some of us never planned on leaving OSO and didnt ... even through all the changes and moves to other places.

Anyway, I want to take this opportunity to apologize to the guys at Boatfreaks. I hope you never felt slighted because of me - and if you did I am truly sorry
Originally Posted by Panther
That's an understatement, they really have proven their love for the sport/hobby, play nice with other forums and have provided me with excellent unbiased technical information over the years.

The lobbying for Chat;
http://forums.boatfreaks.org/showthr...highlight=chat

People say I should forgive and forget a little more but I find it difficult....I think it's a good part of my constitution...can't get dupped twice.

Thanks to both of you. I (and all of Boatfreaks) appreciate it!!! I also get that everyone finds a site that they call "home" For what ever reason. Thats why there are multiple sites out there. There is room for all of us, and thats why we try to play nice with everyone. After all, all of us are here first because of our boats, and through them, we all made friends. Thats a good thing
Old 06-22-2010, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
You know what Frank ... thats one thing thats always bothered me too ... the mass exodus to Boatfreaks and then the exit. The guys that run Boatfreaks are great guys and were more than generous to everybody. I still wear my Boatfreaks apparel proudly .... burnt my Serious shirt over a year ago Some of us never planned on leaving OSO and didnt ... even through all the changes and moves to other places.

Anyway, I want to take this opportunity to apologize to the guys at Boatfreaks. I hope you never felt slighted because of me - and if you did I am truly sorry
no need to apologize you are always welcome on Boatfreaks as is everyone that wants to be there . We will be around long after MR. Sunkins SOS is gone.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Zone 5
Thanks to both of you. I (and all of Boatfreaks) appreciate it!!! I also get that everyone finds a site that they call "home" For what ever reason. Thats why there are multiple sites out there. There is room for all of us, and thats why we try to play nice with everyone. After all, all of us are here first because of our boats, and through them, we all made friends. Thats a good thing
A quick question......I went to look but couldn't. Why do you have to register to even look at a thread?
Old 06-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
A quick question......I went to look but couldn't. Why do you have to register to even look at a thread?
When the board was started, we wanted to try and get people that were interested enough to sign up, not just type in a URL and look at everything and leave. Over time, we have been lucky enough to have a few unique to Boatfreaks pictures that again, we wanted people to have to be members to see, not just do a fly by. The concept being that if someone was willing to take the 5 minutes to register, that they would spend some time on the site, and then come back again.

EDIT: I could have set it so that you could see posts, but not pictures, but we wanted people to be able to see everything or nothing.

Last edited by Zone 5; 06-22-2010 at 04:25 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
stalker!!!!
search Racegirls picture on Boatfreaks.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:03 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scarabman
Perhaps you should think of a way to make it up to me Oh wait, you werent talking about me anyway. I just got lost in the possibilities. There might be a little drool at the corner of my mouth right now
LOL - Thanks for the smile
Old 06-22-2010, 06:05 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zone 5
Your picture in our shirt is STILL the wallpaper on my computer!!!

You are such a sweetheart Thanks!!
Old 06-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
http://seriousoffshore.com/forums/sh...ighlight=chris

I finally found the thread that made me think this guy is possibly telling some stories. It just seemed out of place and fake.
Very weird, uncomfortable.......strange. We need a OSO shrink to interpert that.........it's deep in weirdo land!
Old 06-22-2010, 09:37 PM
I'd rather be boating!
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by jayboat
Relax, Adam... come on in and have a beer!
Thanks Jay

Originally Posted by jayboat
I think a lot of the guys worked very hard to create that atmosphere over there.
That effort paid off. All, well almost all, did a great job over there and should be proud of the site, it was what the founders set out for it to be. And then...
Old 06-22-2010, 09:37 PM
I'd rather be boating!
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Understood , I was new here once myself, I just started posting and talking to people, did lots of reading and asking questions in the beginning. It may have something to do with the fact that there are so many members here we are all little fish in a big pond, and there we were all bigger fish in a smaller pond? Regardless we are all here for fun and to share our sea tales and enjoy a like sport, there are lots of the sports heroes that post and read and here you can talk with them, it can be intimidating. I started posting here when I had my formula, I like the fact that any boat/boater can ask questions. Since IB has taken over I have noticed guys asking questions about crown-lines and cobias, and lots of people chime in..when ya really look at it, the running gear is the same, just a diff shape of fiberglass surrounding it. Glad you're here and post away
Thanks Rob. I'll give it a whirl, what could possibly go wrong? It is the internet after all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.