Sunkin Ejection Stories >

Sunkin Ejection Stories

Notices

Sunkin Ejection Stories

Old 06-08-2010, 11:03 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

I wish Dave and SOS nothing but the best of luck moving forward. I have no ill will towards anyone other than the person who caused the current situation. It would have been nice to see some honesty from the one walking out the door instead of more of the same BS.

Craig
Old 06-08-2010, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If true......Stecz is on a fools errand. He knew about Sunkin ripping off the software guy (not paying) and he knew that the charity money was shorted. Obviously desperate people do desperate things.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:06 AM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

Great post Davidmnc, very well spoken, best post I have read on SOS.

'Here I come with my .02. Like any one cares right! This site has suffered irrefutable damage due to the actions of 4 mods who left, and an owner who refused to do the right thing for the good of the site. Now we praise his decision to step aside and turn the rains over to Dave. I would say this is a prime example of too little too late. The damage is done. The site has suffered. The members have suffered. I think stepping down was the right call. It just came two months too late. What a shame. Good luck Dave. You have my support. I know that doesn’t mean much coming from some guy from NC who does not even have a performance boat, but good luck.'
Old 06-08-2010, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by WMF
Great post Davidmnc, very well spoken, best post I have read on SOS.

'Here I come with my .02. Like any one cares right! This site has suffered irrefutable damage due to the actions of 4 mods who left, and an owner who refused to do the right thing for the good of the site. Now we praise his decision to step aside and turn the rains over to Dave. I would say this is a prime example of too little too late. The damage is done. The site has suffered. The members have suffered. I think stepping down was the right call. It just came two months too late. What a shame. Good luck Dave. You have my support. I know that doesn’t mean much coming from some guy from NC who does not even have a performance boat, but good luck.'

Thank you
Old 06-08-2010, 11:14 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
Ever heard the saying "that's where 2 fools met"?

Apparently TB feels we were foolish to try and pay off CS to just get the hell out. Make no mistake, we were not attempting a take over as CS has so eloquently put it, we were trying to fire an owner that had no business running or even participating in that site. The money we offered was to get him to leave quietly so the site would still be there for all the people that did the real work of building it and called it home. But this has never been about the site, the volunteers, or the sport. It has been about the aggrandizement of Chris Sunkin. He has basically proven that by stepping out now. He was perfectly willing to watch the site tank and kept coming over here with more and more lame excuses and accusations, digging himself and the site into the ground. Now that the site has 1/10 of an inch of gunwale above the water he has decided to (maybe) jump ship. If he is really going to give it to stecz he has basically handed over the wheel to a salvage operation, better start pumping the air bags and bailing with his sippy cup.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:41 AM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

ok, now that we know Chris has transfered ownership to Dave, How many will go back to SOS and post like nothing happened???
Old 06-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=Ted G;3130350]Apparently TB feels we were foolish to try and pay off CS to just get the hell out. QUOTE]

Relax, that was part of the reason I questioned why you guys didnt start your own site. $60k would be one helluva start, correct? Offshoredrillin already answered the rest of it.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:54 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=TEAMBAJA;3130383]
Originally Posted by Ted G
Apparently TB feels we were foolish to try and pay off CS to just get the hell out. QUOTE]

Relax, that was part of the reason I questioned why you guys didnt start your own site. $60k would be one helluva start, correct? Offshoredrillin already answered the rest of it.
Because we REALLY didn't want to own a website. We had already spent countless hours and dollars building Serious. To start another one just for the sake of doing it was not in the cards. Hell, CS probably had about 15k in expenses and ours would have been less, but to spend another year or two building it with him saying God knows what about us and the site was not an attractive thing. And frankly there is only so much room for websites about offshore, it is a very small community.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

From a professional point of view the new leader better change his avitar and signature if he's thinking of drawing money paying advertisers.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by WMF
ok, now that we know Chris has transfered ownership to Dave, How many will go back to SOS and post like nothing happened???
Not me, like I said I don't believe it will happen. Maybe on the surface but he ain't going away and he doesn't own it in the first place to be give'n it away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.