Getting ripped off on engines!!!!!!! >

Getting ripped off on engines!!!!!!!

Notices

Getting ripped off on engines!!!!!!!

Old 06-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Chrisasche ... Can't they do "IP" traces on the AD's this guy is placing?? Hopefully not a stupid suggestion ... I hope you nail this phucker and good.

And as far as doing internet transactions with folks, come-on in todays world it's almost an everyday, for almost every person, event! I think the most important factor is dealing with someone (or business) you know of and that has a long standing reputation here or wherever, that is key! I have done many, many deals, and many high dollar deals, but each one I either knew them or they knew of me. Either thru the forum, or someone I know could personally vouch for them .. IE. friend of friend. OSO member etc.

Lets NOT take away, dismiss, ruin the value of this community and network we've been a part of and worked hard to build over the years. It is, and should continue to be, a fantastic asset to get exposure for sellers and buyers alike! For honest folks whose intentions are to use it that way!

I work hard for my $$$$$$$$ too dude, sorry for the loss .. GO GET 'EM It could happen to anyone, real shame.

Chris
Old 06-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are others out there who arent hiding behind the internet and are doing poorly or not get service as well.

boating is a small world hobby and people know people. What does it take to do good work and be honest? Not much.

i admit sometimes i am too honest and too trusting. i learn the hard way.

best of luck to everyone
Old 06-05-2010, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bummer on the theft, I was once too trusting in such a way, and got ripped off.

I have also been broken into and robbed. House and storage-

- of course the insurance companies become the next set of legitimized thieves after that but thats another story.

If your lead brings you to La Ill help you get this... phucking koksucker, thief , p.o.s, scumbag.

I hate thieves.

Uncle Dave
Old 06-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Registered

thanks guys, and oso wont give up any info on that, i have tried to sent several emails to them, but no good leads as of yet, gonna keep tryin
Old 06-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,824 Likes on 909 Posts

Originally Posted by ckentling
Thanks Griff way to kick a guy

I thought I had done my homework, I have over a dozen pics of the motors plus the build sheets. The price to me didn't seem to good to be true for what I was buying. 502's are like gold, but the 454's seem a good price but not a steal in any way.

And yes probably too trusting, but thought I had done my research and homework.

Oh well, live and learn.....again

Christian
Sorry Christian, I definately wasn't trying to do that. Really sorry to hear that you got screwed over on the deal. Hopefully the scum bag gets what's coming to him and you get some payback.

I will only do deals with people who are very well known or can be vouched for by somebody I trust. That or I would only pay with a credit card or I would use an escrow service.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:48 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chrisasche
Thank you Capt. Obvious!!!! have I not admitted i screwed up? this was only meant to see if I could drum up some info on the guy, my drivers made a police report lastweek while they were down there, contacted my bank fraud dept. his bank fraud dept. my local sherrifs office, hired a PI, now have the FBI involved posted this on yellowbulllet.com and sarted this thread to gain any other info, i.e. another person that may know him or have dealings with him, which it has done. Thanks for all of your comments about what should have been done, however, coulda,woulda,shoulda, aint gonna get my or 2 other guys money back. So unless you have info on this guy keep your, sorry if I offend you, but ignorant comments on what i should have done, to yourself. I think its fair to say, the lesson was learned here. **** ME ONCE, SHAME ON YOU, **** ME TWICE, SHAME ON ME
I am sorry for your problems. Just try to remember that a lot of people only read the first post or even just the thread title and post a response.

The numerous redundant pieces of advice are going to be mixed in with hopefully some good new info.

hang in there.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:08 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry for your situation. I did a deal with Tank on this board site unsean before I had ever known him and it went perfect. The motor was better then he said and I was very happy. Then I did a new deal with a guy and he sent me to pieces of junk. Man was I pissed. He stroked me around for a while. I posted all his info on the board and he mocked me. Well eventually people were checking the internet who were doing business with him and up came my post. He could not get the money to me fast enough. It took a while but I did get my money back.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by scarabman
Didnt you get taken by one of the Prince boys schemes??? Shouldnt you have seen that coming? Just sayin......
You're probably right. If he hadn't been using other engines (maybe yours) as his poster boy for the great work he was turning, I should have seen it from a mile away as I posted, but with his shop full of blower motors, a couple of offshore race boats sitting outside and a funny car or altered sitting there he looked halfway credible, so I guess the joke really is on me, because I paid my money in person and left with a product that I thought was what I had agreed upon and found out later I had taken it in the ass, so all in all I gues it's really the same thing only slightly different. The big lesson I learned was that if it has to do with performance boats, there is a crook on every corner. If you find someone who does it right in the boating industry, catch hold and don't turn loose and put your greed aside.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 195 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by heavyhauler
You're probably right. If he hadn't been using other engines (maybe yours) as his poster boy for the great work he was turning, I should have seen it from a mile away as I posted, but with his shop full of blower motors, a couple of offshore race boats sitting outside and a funny car or altered sitting there he looked halfway credible, so I guess the joke really is on me, because I paid my money in person and left with a product that I thought was what I had agreed upon and found out later I had taken it in the ass, so all in all I gues it's really the same thing only slightly different. The big lesson I learned was that if it has to do with performance boats, there is a crook on every corner. If you find someone who does it right in the boating industry, catch hold and don't turn loose and put your greed aside.
Glad you understood my point. I lost some money to them as well under slightly different circumstances, so I know.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This crum cake almost had me also. until I told him that I live about 45 min from Palatka. He told me that he was supposed to trade the engines for his so called 65 T-bird that a friend of his had. and he will call me back. long story short that no good SOB never called me back. I have his home address and I will give him a visit with the Putnam county Police. These kind of people I hate. I do not care if I spend $1.00 or $10,000 dollars it`s hard earn money that none of us have to give away!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.