Notices

paypal

Old 02-20-2011, 06:59 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
You people drink and post toooooooooo much.
Ummm pot this is kettle calling.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/f...k-bonding.html
Old 02-20-2011, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont use paypal anymore. Earlier this winter I bought a motor off of ebay and was sure to switch the Paypal primary funding source to my CC instead of the stand alone bank account that I set up years ago for Pay Pal that now has practically a zero balance. A week goes by and I get an email from my bank stating an NSF along with a $30 fee.

I call paypal spend 10 min on hold, then finally explain to the person my problem she says OK hold please, then I talk to the next person whom I have to explain the whole thing to again and she says no problem well fix it. Another week or so go by and guess what, another email from my bank stating another NSF and $30 fee where the Paypal tried to run the charge to my bank account instead of my credit card. I call again having to explain everything TWICE in 20 minutes. This time they tell me that their software is setup to automatically charge the primary funding source (that I had already changed to my CC) two times in a set amount of days before they try and charge the secondary funding source. And that there is nothing they can do to overide the system.

I'll never use them again.

Last edited by IB-Mod; 02-20-2011 at 07:37 AM. Reason: ;
Old 02-20-2011, 09:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by THRILLSEEKER
I dont use paypal anymore. Earlier this winter I bought a motor off of ebay and was sure to switch the Paypal primary funding source to my CC instead of the stand alone bank account that I set up years ago for Pay Pal that now has practically a zero balance. A week goes by and I get an email from my bank stating an NSF along with a $30 fee.

I call paypal spend 10 min on hold, then finally explain to the person my problem she says OK hold please, then I talk to the next person whom I have to explain the whole thing to again and she says no problem well fix it. Another week or so go by and guess what, another email from my bank stating another NSF and $30 fee where the Paypal tried to run the charge to my bank account instead of my credit card. I call again having to explain everything TWICE in 20 minutes. This time they tell me that their software is setup to automatically charge the primary funding source (that I had already changed to my CC) two times in a set amount of days before they try and charge the secondary funding source. And that there is nothing they can do to overide the system.

I'll never use them again.
That is my main complaint with paypal. You can not permanently set your payment option to your creditcard. Paypal automatically defaults to your bank account on every transaction. Everytime you pay through paypal you have to go to other payment options and choose your creditcard.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:30 AM
Registered

The drag is that if you use ebay to buy or sell, paypal has you by the balls because they basically control ebay, in that it seems like that is the only way to pay, or accept money.

I did once try to pay a guy outside of paypal for an item with a money order, and I got the...

"Uhhh... I never received the money order yet...."

That went on for 3 weeks until I called Western Union to confirm that he cashed it!

Is there any other SAFE way to pay for stuff online without using paypal?
Old 02-20-2011, 11:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Haley'sComet
Is there any other SAFE way to pay for stuff online without using paypal?
There used to be a similar site that all the gun guys used due to Paypal's anti seccond ammendment support. For the life of me, I cant remember the name of it thou.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:27 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what you need to do is use a credit card when you pay for anything on paypal that way if there is a problem you can do a charge back thru your credit card company and ebay owns paypal not the other way around that is why you are forced to use paypal with ebay transactions i use both everyday and i have only had a problem once and it was the guy scammed me on some stuff and i got screwed but not by paypal they did give me some money back but not all of it since i did not follow their rules on shipping
Old 02-21-2011, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by toolsinbox
I just got off the phone with pay pal and they assure me that if he sends me back the item and it is not the same like the serial number is not the same all i have to do is go to the cops, file a complaint and get a report number etc. supply all that info to paypal and they will give me my money back right away and they will go after the guy for money. I wont be out anything. That makes me feel much better. I will update this post with what happens.
Sounds good, but Paypal won't give you back your money unless they can get it from the buyer. I won a case over a year ago, if i go on my account now it states "Paypal is making an attempt to get your money back"

I had to file a claim because the seller would not take the item back, which was garbage (I bought off "stock" photos)
I returned the item, but the buyer did not have the $500 in his account, pay pal told me they can not "charge" his bank account or cards without permission and they could not refund my money until he has the money in his actual paypal account. He closed his ebay account and I am sure he cut the ties with the paypal account, all over $500.

Looking back I should have used a CC instead of cash out of my bank account.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought a video card once and paid via PP. I sent $400 and the seller sent me a small box of garbage elecronic parts. Long story short, PP sided with him. I was out the $400 because he sent something and it's not their resposibily for the condition of the item! PP Fing sucks!!!!
Old 02-25-2011, 07:07 PM
Registered

well the guy returned a hammer to me, no serial number, and trashed Not even the same vintage as far as I can tell. I called the cops and they didn't want to do anything said I should take them to small claims court. I re-explained to him what happened and he told me to call the cops where the guy lives,. So I called them and they told be to call the cops where I live. I called the cop back and re-explained what happened and he said that they would take a report but wouldn't investagate. I then called paypal and gave them all the details and they said don't go to the cops until they send me an e-mail. I said I was going to the cops anyway. I went to my paypal account and found it frozen. I guess they are not liking me causing all this fuss. Could be that I left a negitive balance. Went to pay with credit card and it says I need to register it? Not sure why I need to register it when I have made purchases on paypal with it. Anyway good thing Home depot listed the serial number on my bill. The saga continues. I will be at the boys house in the morning making report.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:17 PM
Registered

I feel your pain.....I have sold on Ebay for years and was very upset when they bought Paypal and basically MADE everybody buying and selling have to use it.....

Recently I sold an item and the buyer lives in Hungary, they decided to pay for SURFACE shipping, it actually cost me more then I quoted to ship but I sent it anyhow. TEN days after the auction he contacts Ebay and files a complaint that he hasn't received the item...WTF? He then emails me and I explain that it will take some time because of the distance and the fact it went "surface"...........a few days later Ebay emails me and TELLS me they are refunding him out of my Paypal account for the full amount he paid!!!

I know I am flogging a dead horse trying to reason with Ebay or Paypal and I can kiss my money and the item goodbye...........one thing I did ask them was, "What happens when he receives the item...???" No response....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.