Notices

paypal

Old 02-25-2011, 07:42 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by toolsinbox
well the guy returned a hammer to me, no serial number, and trashed Not even the same vintage as far as I can tell. I called the cops and they didn't want to do anything said I should take them to small claims court. I re-explained to him what happened and he told me to call the cops where the guy lives,. So I called them and they told be to call the cops where I live. I called the cop back and re-explained what happened and he said that they would take a report but wouldn't investagate. I then called paypal and gave them all the details and they said don't go to the cops until they send me an e-mail. I said I was going to the cops anyway. I went to my paypal account and found it frozen. I guess they are not liking me causing all this fuss. Could be that I left a negitive balance. Went to pay with credit card and it says I need to register it? Not sure why I need to register it when I have made purchases on paypal with it. Anyway good thing Home depot listed the serial number on my bill. The saga continues. I will be at the boys house in the morning making report.
good luck BIG Daddy , i feel your pain ..

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 02-26-2011 at 07:24 AM. Reason: cleaned up for Speedy
Old 02-25-2011, 09:48 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should I Call toooonie?
Old 02-26-2011, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by THRILLSEEKER
There used to be a similar site that all the gun guys used due to Paypal's anti seccond ammendment support. For the life of me, I cant remember the name of it thou.
That was gunpal, and it turned out to be a bigger scam than paypal is.

When I heard paypal was having people monitor multiple gun site classifieds and trying to match up sales on them with transactions thru paypal to lock accounts, I closed my paypal and ebay accounts.
Ebay was getting to be such a pita anyway, it's not that big of a loss.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:01 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Paypal tried to screw me out of 2700.00. I transported a boat from Boston to Flordia and accepted his credit card through paypal. His enclosure got torn up because the zippers were frozen and I couldn't take it down. I called the owner and told him I had to cut the zippers to remove all of the canvas. He told me not to cut them that the enclosure was very old and he was going to replace it after the season anyway. I went about 10 miles and it was all blowing apart so I stopped and called him back telling again him I had to cut the zippers to salvage what was left of the canvas. He said ok and paid on delivery by credit card. Then he filed a claim, and paypal sided with him. My insurance co refused to pay him saying it was his fault and too old anyhow. Paypal tried to take the money from my account but I beat them to it. Now my account is suspended but screw them.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:02 PM
Registered

The next instalment:

Went to cop shop and showed them everything and explained everything and they would not take a statement. Said they would only do so if they intended to persue the matter! Said it is a small claims issue.

I went home and called Pay pal. I started to explain what had happened at the cop shop and the agent interupted me and said " no problem, I will send you an e-mail with links to organizations that will take an online report, and you fax us that report and we will get back to you and have a nice day".

I got the e-mail and there were two links for Canadian's to use. One of them is Phone Busters, that the R.C.M.P refered to, in an off handed manner, when I called them. At the time I never thought much of it.

Welll I made the report with C.A.F.C ( Canadian Anti Fraud Corp. formorly known as Phonebusters). and copied it and set the papers in the fax and it spent the whole day trying to send it. The machine on the other end wasnt picking up! I called them again and they gave me another number where it went through right away.

I guess I wait and see now.

Last edited by toolsinbox; 02-28-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:41 PM
Registered

Someone is gonna have rubbers hanging out of their azz and it's not gonna be paypal. They suck. They change their policies to suit the situation and don't back the ones they have in writing. they make it such a runaround and time waster that they hope you'll give up and write off the couple hundred bucks. I ditched them a while back. As others here , ebay seller w/ 100 pos fb and a couple hundred sales. F ebay and paypal.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:39 PM
Registered

Default paypal

Heres a great paypal story, I purchased a durmax pickup in texas drove 1000 miles to pick it up, naturaly the dealership missrepresented it , but they had over 100 trucks on the lot so I found a different truck, left my trade with a title and paid the difference in cash, to make a long story short it took me over a year to get a title the dealership filled for bankruptcy the following monday and the title for the truck was held by different dealer, paypal wouldnt even give me the 500.00 deposit I paid at auction end, they said because I have the merchandise, I told them with out a title it is worthless, they said too bad, they are theives and someday i will get even.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:22 PM
Registered

Ok this whole thing came to an end today and this is what happened.

Turned on computer this morning and got e-mail from pay pal saying that they denied my appeal. I said Wot?
I was so mad my wife said my face went through several metamorphoses ! There reason they gave was that I did not add any further evidence from the initial clame so they regretted to tell me that to bad so sad.

Good thing nobody cut me off on the way to work. when I got in I hung my coat up and got on the phone strait away.

I got the same guy that helped with the credit card registration and he kind of remembered me. After he read through the file for a bit he said "what can I do for you?"
I asked him if they even read the documents I sent via fax? he said he was reading them as we spoke and they are reviewed by a claim evaluation team or something. Well at this point I let into this guy like he was on my wife in my house!

He then asked me " well what are you out ?

I said wot?

Didnt you read the dam thing? He said how much money? I pulled the bill out of my wallet and read him the total. I asked him if he had internet and he replied yes where I directed him to the home depot web site so he could see the tool there. Well he said fine and would credit the whole amount to my account.

I said wot?

And after a short pause I thanked him. I then asked about the guy who ripped me off? He said he would put his account on review. I said thats it? he gets to do this and thats all you do? He said if he has a pattern he will be banned. I then asked him what I could have done to avoid what happened? he said not too much and there are people out there that do that kind of thing and if they continue they will get banned. I asked what I should do with the hammer drill that he sent me and his response was to keep it! and have a nice day!

On my way home I took a major de-tour and met with the executive director of habitat ( I needed to talk with her on another matter anyway so it worked out good) and donated it to them for future builds and not for them to sell it. She was grateful and promised it would go in the "keeper" inventory.

I have explained all this in this thread in hopes it will inform people. I had no idea what all the rules and BS went along with pay pal and how a crook gets delt with. I hope it is of some help.

All I can say in closing is

Wot and episode !!

Last edited by toolsinbox; 03-03-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:10 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you have a phone number for this guy. I've been trying to straighten out my problem for 2 years buy everyone I talk to is in Indochina or something.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Registered

This is the one I have used and I was talking to people in nebraska I think.

1-888-204-4481
After a few promps like " can we use the number you are calling from to get your account number" then they ack for the last 4 numbers of the bank account associated with your account" then you wait for an operater. Then You need to ask for a "level 2 claim expert" They have the most power and are the most informed.

Last edited by toolsinbox; 03-03-2011 at 08:26 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.