Beware of Castle Marine Outlet >

Beware of Castle Marine Outlet

Notices

Beware of Castle Marine Outlet

Old 09-16-2011, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 750 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by CigDaze
Thanks for the response and delivering the other side of this story.

Your approach sounds perfectly reasonable to me.
+ 1. You have to give the seller a chance to make it right. Not take matters into your own hands and then b!tch about the outcome.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Castle2098
Fast Willy has not forgotten to mention a few facts in this dispute. Fast Willy is an owner of an auto repair facility and a self professed rebuilder of go fast boats. He is, I would say an expert with regards to engines. He did take the boat out for a sea trail and all went fine. He ran the boat for 4 hours after he bought the boat and all went fine. A sensor alarm put the boat on idle mode as it is supposed to do. We spent at least 2 hours on the phone with him trying to resolve the problem. We told him if he brings the boat to us we would work on it. He chooses to buy the plug in computer to diagnose the problem himself. He wanted us to pay for the computer. We refused. After he reset the engine, boat ran as it was supposed to. His next outing the fuel pump stopped working properly. He wanted us to send him the cost of the pump. Again he refused to bring us the boat. We refused. We did make a mistake and were supposed to put in 2 new batteries in the boat. We only put one in. We agreed with Fast Willy about the mistake and told him we would pay for a battery if he put it in. The $125 check was slow to get to him but it was sent sometime around Sept 12th. The boat was in fantastic shape, however, we cannot predict when thing are going to break. We make every effort possible to make sure everything is working when a boat leave our shop. We encourage every buyer to sea trial, and have a survey or a mechanic look at all boats. We have never prevented someone from having an expert go over our boats from bow to stern. We are sorry Fast Willy did not have the best experience, but we tried to help as much as possible. In this case I think his expertise got in the way of the process. He of all people should know used boats are not new. Sometimes they break.
Castle Marine Sales Management
Yes we have a auto body & repair shop & do take care of our customers since 1979. Little story how we operate, installed a new catalytic converter in customers car. Customer goes on a trip, new converter failed internally customer is 200 miles away & gives us the bad news after she returned home & had it fixed on the road. So what do we do we give her the money it cost to repair her car on the road. She is super excited & still is a loyal customer of ours along with her family & friends. Thats how you do it if you want repeat buisness & referrals. Oh & Really, go fast builder, I said I rebuilt a 27ft Checkmate, didn't ever claim to be a go fast boat builder. We don't even work on others boats. And Yeah you said you would work on our boat at a cost to me. Plus they didn't even have the adapter for a volvo penta scanner anyway. So thats why we bought a scanner. Boat ran 3.5hrs then it broke for first time. . Replaced the sensors, took boat out again & fuel pump went bad 300ft from boat ramp. So a total of 3.8 hrs of use on water & a week of working on the boat on land. Oh yeah the check for the battery still hasn't arrived & we bought boat July 26th & its now Sept.16th. So what did I leave out, I explained how the events took place & if I did forget something I have 2 pages of dates & times as everything transpired. If anything I think you forgot to mention you guys didn't the right connector for the scanner to even diagnos the boats computer. That came from your service managers mouth. So I leave it at that & continue to enjoy my boat now that it works properly....

Last edited by Fast Willy; 09-16-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:32 PM
Registered

Talking

Originally Posted by tinman565
I made the call...and talked to a guy named Jay. He said alot of the story was left out. His response is above....and apparently below also...lol.
Thats the guy we bought the boat from.

Last edited by Fast Willy; 09-16-2011 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:00 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, so say I buy a used FORD from a Chevy dealer. It gives a CEL and I BUY a FORD scanner cause the Chevy dealer can't scan the FORD. Will the Chevy dealer buy ME that FORD scanner? Hmmm. Do you honestly think that EVERY customer you have EVER dealt with is excited about your business? Surely there is that one customer that no matter what you did, he was not happy with your service. You moved on, right? Let it go, and go boating.

PS, I absolutley HATE businesses that consistently screw folks over for a dollar. But I evenly HATE someone who will trash a business because they think that only THEY are right, and feel like the business owes them a new WHATEVER for their troubles.

Last edited by CrownHawg; 09-16-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Fast Willy - if you were upset enough to post in the beware section
you should file in small claims court. It only costs a few dollars and
would be well worth the "hassle factor" against Castle Marine. I think
you could recoup some of the parts costs. Even if you lose you send
a message to the folks at Castle Marine Outlet and they may treat the
next customer better. Go get them!
Old 09-16-2011, 10:32 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is rediculous, he bought an 8 year old boat from a dealer that either brokered it or took it in on trade. All this for a couple sensors and a fuel pump? I'm not hearing some major fraud because the rebuilt engine failed. I'm sure the sensors wern't replaced when the engine was overhauled and how many hours did the fuel pump have on it? What was the deal on the boat? As is is as is, period. Things break! How long was the boat sitting without running? And the example with the cat converter going bad, it was a new part with a factory warrenty that I bet he put a claim into the cat co for reimbursment, that makes him a saint? Sure I woould be a little pissed that the pump went bad so soon but man your lucky it happened so soon and close to the dock. And I repeat, 8 YEAR OLD BOAT! Get over it and move on. This should never have been posted.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:06 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Willy
...Plus they didn't even have the adapter for a volvo penta scanner anyway. So thats why we bought a scanner. If anything I think you forgot to mention you guys didn't the right connector for the scanner to even diagnos the boats computer. That came from your service managers mouth....
Remember what I quoted before:

Our dedications to quality and customer satisfaction are our main objectives. Our 35 Years of experience assure you of receiving quality work and specialized attention. No job is too small.

I would think that maybe in those 35 years in business the service
manager or owner would have thought to buy the proper adapter
for the scan tool?

I don't know! Maybe it's just me!

Castle Marine Outlet dropped the ball. Period.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:50 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 865 Likes on 318 Posts

The people on here with their hands out really crack me up.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dbkski
Remember what I quoted before:

Our dedications to quality and customer satisfaction are our main objectives. Our 35 Years of experience assure you of receiving quality work and specialized attention. No job is too small.

I would think that maybe in those 35 years in business the service
manager or owner would have thought to buy the proper adapter
for the scan tool?

I don't know! Maybe it's just me!

Castle Marine Outlet dropped the ball. Period.
Thank you, thats what we thought when buying the boat from them. With there 35yrs in buisness they would stand behind what they sell.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fireboatpilot
This is rediculous, he bought an 8 year old boat from a dealer that either brokered it or took it in on trade. All this for a couple sensors and a fuel pump? I'm not hearing some major fraud because the rebuilt engine failed. I'm sure the sensors wern't replaced when the engine was overhauled and how many hours did the fuel pump have on it? What was the deal on the boat? As is is as is, period. Things break! How long was the boat sitting without running? And the example with the cat converter going bad, it was a new part with a factory warrenty that I bet he put a claim into the cat co for reimbursment, that makes him a saint? Sure I woould be a little pissed that the pump went bad so soon but man your lucky it happened so soon and close to the dock. And I repeat, 8 YEAR OLD BOAT! Get over it and move on. This should never have been posted.

Not a saint just someone who takes care of his customers. BTW customer never brought back old converter either as they didn't know they had to. So we ate it & took care of the customer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.