Beware of Castle Marine Outlet >

Beware of Castle Marine Outlet

Notices

Beware of Castle Marine Outlet

Old 09-13-2011, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware of Castle Marine Outlet

They are located in Kingsville Md. They are the shiesters of boat sales. We bought a 2003 27ft Crownline from them that they described as ready to go. Well needless to say after 3hrs of use it was broke & we needed to be towed in. They described boat as completely rebuilt motor & new upholstery ready to enjoy the summer. Well the warning buzzer started going off @ 3hrs sending boat to safe mode. So we replaced the oil pressure sensor along with the coolant temp sensor As per the scanner we bought for $500. Took boat out again made it 300 ft from dock & it quit running, we were towed back in. Get boat home check it out find that the fuel pump ass. went bad, so we buy the $677 pump. Take boat ou this time & to our amazement it worked, boat only had 4 hrs use & 2 weeks of being broke. So in the meantime while this was going on we were in contact with Castle Marine & they kept giving us the run around with no help At all. We finally asked them to just pay for the fuel pump since boat only had 4 hrs use & they blew us off. So beware of these DOUCHE BAGS they will tell you what you want to here to make the sale, then stick in your ASS when you walk out the door. Also they have a real nice 38ft Formula Fastect there for a steal, BEWARE I,m sure thers something wrong with it.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:24 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Did they warrant the boat at time of sale? Did you get a survey on the boat? I'm not sure how this is their problem. You say 4 hours of use, but that's your hours right? What's the total hours? What exactly was rebuilt on the engine?
Old 09-13-2011, 12:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indy
Did they warrant the boat at time of sale? Did you get a survey on the boat? I'm not sure how this is their problem. You say 4 hours of use, but that's your hours right? What's the total hours? What exactly was rebuilt on the engine?
+1
Did you sea trial the boat ? Without either a complete survey and a sea trial, its a roll of the dice on what you bought.

If there was no warranty and was sold as is, then your on your on your own. Not taking sides here, but its a buyer beware in the marine market. Do your homework, hire a well reviewed surveyor, sea trial the boat, and get all the documents possible on any claimed work done to the boat.

Otherwise this is what you get. Sorry you had issues, but unless you did as suggested, your on your own and you have no one to blame but yourself.

I would have questioned the boat with a rebuilt motor and upholstery- its not really that old. Seems as if it wasnt well or properly maintained due to these issues. That would have been a flag for me.

How many hours on the boat ?

Last edited by 45Tripps; 09-13-2011 at 12:36 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

So you believe they knew the sensors and fuel pump would go out after 3 hours of use? It is a used boat. As stated above, big red flag that it already has a rebuilt motor and new interior. Unless they warrantied the boat for a certain amount of time or hours, it is what it is.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indy
Complete rebuild, 4hrs total on rebuilt engine.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:34 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ran for 3 hrs no problem, then 2 sensors went out at same time, then the fuel pump went out next within minutes?
I'd be more inclined to agree with you if these 3 items were bad at initial start up.

Seems odd how the 3 items went out at same time.
Never realized these usually get replaced on a rebuild.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:01 PM
Registered

I hate most dealers for this reason....they bail on a product they have sold..Yes you should have got it checked out and yes you should have driven it...

BUT, a reputable dealer here in austin has stood behind the last two boats ive bought from them for up to 30 days. Even after that, they still gave me a break on parts/labor on stuff that went out.(which is why when it came time to buy the newest one, they were my first stop)..I believe any decent dealer should do the same.

In short, thank you for letting us know so we know this place will not stand behind the products they sell.

Last edited by boatntrkr; 09-13-2011 at 08:03 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:32 PM
Registered

Boatntrkr atleast you understand where I'm coming from. I buy a boat it works right for only 4hrs & they don't want to help or repair any of the issues. Not a good buisness move with so many ways to let people know how shady thet are.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Ran for 3 hrs no problem, then 2 sensors went out at same time, then the fuel pump went out next within minutes?
I'd be more inclined to agree with you if these 3 items were bad at initial start up.

Seems odd how the 3 items went out at same time.
Never realized these usually get replaced on a rebuild.
Sensors went bad, then they were replaced. Then we took boat out a couple days later & fuel pump went bad.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:39 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Sorry...I just don't see how it's the dealers fault. You're expecting good will is how I translate this. It's the dealer's fault if they knew of these items prior to sale, it's their fault if they are covering up something, it's their fault if they're misrepresenting the product. So far I don't see any evidence of that unless you're not being clear. You've also left out a ton of facts so we have nothing to go on.

If I sell my truck to a buyer and he comes back a few days later stating that the stater motor failed and he's looking for money I tell him to go away. Kinda the same thing here...unless you know more than what you're telling us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.