Notices

Whos a good Lawyer

Old 03-04-2014, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=turbo rr;4084506]What you are saying is that when you received the boat the engine was already blown? Or did it blow during the first run?[/QUOTE

Sorry let me clarify. This pos was blown up when it got here. Never made it off the trailer.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:25 PM
Registered

I went to look at a consignment boat (a Fountain, of course ) in January, one time, several years ago at a boat shop near Lake Cumberland. That engine was winterized, too, as it should have been. Took my own scanner with me to scan the engine (500EFI). The hours on the ECM were off by about 150 hr from what it was advertised as having and showing on the hr meter. I had them start/run the engine anyways and paid them the $125 they wanted to re-winterize it because I wanted to see/hear it run. Best (and only) money I spent that day.

Last edited by bob_t; 03-04-2014 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by runafever
Ok- this boat was represented as being mint! It was represented as having one motor with only 3 hours and the other with only 80 hours. Boat was represented as being very well maintained and fully operational by dealer. It was not represented as a non running boat. I am sure they didn't know it had a blown motor. If they did then wow. There are people in this world that only car about making a quick buck. The controversy lies in the fact that they are turning their back on a customer who put faith in the seller.
. I am always skeptical of ads that indicate one motor has several hours on it and the other one has significantly more hours. To me if you rebuild one then rebuild the other one at the same time. Which motor was blown the one with 3 hours or 80 hours. Unfortunately your brother will probably end up eating the repairs.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=runafever;4084391]Lake of the Ozarks[/QUO

Who did he buy it from. maybe if the word is spread you could hurt them where it hurts ( SALES )
Old 03-04-2014, 08:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Pop Yachtes ?
Old 03-04-2014, 08:50 PM
Registered

My attorney is in Springfield, but she wont touch it. It is a he said/she said deal. Who is to say if your family member got it off the trailer, failed to check fluids and ran it till it blew up, put it back on trailer and then sued? It is a bad deal but someone failed in the due diligence department.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

He bought a boat from dealer down south that was misrepresented. Short story its an 05 43 Nortech that was sold to him blown up without disclosure.
Let's clear the air here, I - Ed Champion brokered the boat dba Lake Ozarks Marine for the seller. It has 1,000hp blower motors. Lake Ozarks Marine never worked on the boat and soley brought the buyer and seller together as a consignment boat. All infomation known by me regarding the power was disclosed and receipts for work performed given to the buyer.

No no dynomite but i remember right before they shipped it to him a picture of it showed up on here of them towing it with a pontoon boat off the lift to the boat ramp. Should have been a dead give away right then and there.
Just looking for some help with this situation. Its going to take over 20 grand just to get it functional again.
The boat was towed to the ramp, due to the fact it was around 20 degree outside and we had to move three boats around to get the Nortech off the lift and on it's trailer for the survey and at that time a mechanical inspection at buyers request.

Originally Posted by huskyrider
I'm curious, did he contract an accredited marine surveyor to write a report on the unit and perform a seatrial?
A survey was done but no sea trail due to the weather conditions. Buyer declined to do a mechanical inspection later and instead have his mechanic go over the boat once delivered in OH. The buyer never saw the boat in person before it arrived in OH. He sent drivers to pick it up January 11, 2014,

[QUOTE=runafever;4084535]
Originally Posted by turbo rr
What you are saying is that when you received the boat the engine was already blown? Or did it blow during the first run?[/QUOTE

Sorry let me clarify. This pos was blown up when it got here. Never made it off the trailer.
The boat was ran on the trailer and valves set, during the valve lashing procedure is when they noticed the problem. I was told on January 17 two lifters were broken.

The 43 Super V was driven to the lift last time used and actually winterized by a mechanic (not one of ours) on the lift at the end of the season. No one involved in the process knew there was a problem with the engine.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:53 PM
Registered

Micheal Alwise,
Old 03-04-2014, 08:56 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=eddie;4084623]Let's clear the air here, I - Ed Champion brokered the boat dba Lake Ozarks Marine for the seller. It has 1,000hp blower motors. Lake Ozarks Marine never worked on the boat and soley brought the buyer and seller together as a consignment boat. All infomation known by me regarding the power was disclosed and receipts for work performed given to the buyer.

The boat was towed to the ramp, due to the fact it was around 20 degree outside and we had to move three boats around to get the Nortech off the lift and on it's trailer for the survey and at that time a mechanical inspection at buyers request.

A survey was done but no sea trail due to the weather conditions. Buyer declined to do a mechanical inspection later and instead have his mechanic go over the boat once delivered in OH. The buyer never saw the boat in person before it arrived in OH. He sent drivers to pick it up January 11, 2014,

The boat was ran on the trailer and valves set, during the valve lashing procedure is when they noticed the problem. I was told on January 17 two lifters were broken.

The 43 Super V was driven to the lift last time used and actually winterized by a mechanic (not one of ours) on the lift at the end of the season. No one involved in the process knew there was a problem with the engine.
There you have it, thanks for stepping up to the plate to tell your side. These things can get blown way out of proportion in a hurry ( no pun intended)
Old 03-04-2014, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 4,289 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Sorry but the buyer didn`t do their due diligence .I bought a consignment boat 2 years ago. I made sure the engines were run. I did break my own rule of not sea trialing the boat and on the first ride it was like a murder scene in the bilge with oil leaks galore. That was just the start of discovering the hackery.
Ive been paying for that mistake ever since. Had I done that sea trial I would have never bought the boat most likely.

Never trust the word of anyone.
Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see.. Thats my new moto

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.