Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
would like thoughts on this >

would like thoughts on this

Notices

would like thoughts on this

Old 08-17-2015, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

they definitely were not over there heads. they can do really amazing paint work and rigging work sometimes then other times it is like they let a kid work on a boat that says he knows what he is doing and does not. the hull mounted water pick up tubes were below the hull 4". I was like WTF!!

I have mounted 1 inch spacers on a standard bravo and have managed to get 87mph out of it yesterday. however it is a bear to get on plane at times and other times it pops right on plane. I have not been able to pin point that one.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would talk to the shop and exhaust all options there before blasting them on a forum. If they are truly a reputable shop as you mentioned, they will want to correct any issues and stand behind their work. Good luck.
Old 08-18-2015, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RollWithIt
I would talk to the shop and exhaust all options there before blasting them on a forum. If they are truly a reputable shop as you mentioned, they will want to correct any issues and stand behind their work. Good luck.
Hard to bash a shop when he hasn't even named them in this thread, unless I missed it...

Agree with hashing it out with them, but if they aren't returning his calls, that gets a little difficult unless they are local and he can just show up...I'm guessing he is not....
Old 08-18-2015, 01:56 PM
Registered

nope I have not said there name yet and do not really want too. some osoer's know who it is and I have spoke to them through pm's .
I have not made a huge amount of effort yet. because I literally just got it running with "spacers" on standard drive's however I cannot put my engine hatch on because everything is so high and it is in the middle of the summer where they are busy and I don't want to loose anymore time . My main goal here was to get input on whether or not I had a leg to stand on or not. I will make it pretty public if I do not get any action from them based on the responses I have received.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]544327[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]544328[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]544329[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails would like thoughts on this-fullsizerender.jpg   would like thoughts on this-img_2088.jpg   would like thoughts on this-img_2092.jpg  

Old 08-20-2015, 07:09 AM
Registered

Received 431 Likes on 192 Posts

Why are those mounted so high? I am sure you explained, but seems too aggressive? A surfacing Bravo?
Old 08-20-2015, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by frickstyle
Why are those mounted so high? I am sure you explained, but seems too aggressive? A surfacing Bravo?
I agree. Those props have to be surfacing once on plane. You are going to be tossing prop blades running that high.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by frickstyle
why are those mounted so high? I am sure you explained, but seems too aggressive? A surfacing bravo?
because the company that i paid $8500 to replace the transom, stringers and mount the boxes did not seem to understand the concept of a 3 up extension box
Old 08-20-2015, 07:53 AM
Registered

Oh yea it would not get on plane at that height i had to put a 1 inch spacer just to get on plane. Which i do but i shoot a pretty hefty rooster tail.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:08 AM
Registered

I never thought about the blade tossing aspect however I did think about breaking prop shafts. I do have a 2 inch spacers that I plan to try once all the parts get here for it. I still want to change the height of the engines
[attach=config]544433[/attach][attach=config]544433[/attach]
Attached Thumbnails would like thoughts on this-image.jpg  
Old 08-20-2015, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

I would think the motors mounted that high would also affect the rough water capabilities of the hull You want all that weight as low as possible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.