Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
would like thoughts on this >

would like thoughts on this

Notices

would like thoughts on this

Old 08-20-2015, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

After four years I think you have no recourse.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the shop is not too far away I would take the boat by them and ask what was their thinking when they mounted the boxes and cut the hole in the transom. was there a reason they felt for doing so.
Old 08-20-2015, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
After four years I think you have no recourse.
the transom being wet still I kind of agree with you however I have date documented pictures that the boat was just completed. mounting the extension boxes and drives to high that was there f up and paid them good money to mount them correctly and seal it properly
Old 08-20-2015, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 431 Likes on 192 Posts

I'm sorry for your headache, as I know even having it done right, there are still things to iron out and get running right.

Good luck with it, might have to just go with a raised hatch.... Call GlassDave!
Old 08-20-2015, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Let me see if I understand this correctly. The up 3" extension boxes is normally mounted at standard bravo drive height resulting in stock engine height but raising the X 3"s without redoing the transom? If that is the case, why would they have raised the motors? Also if they raised the motors on top of the 3" boxes...wouldn't this have raised the drive more than 3"s from stock? Anyhow, if i understand the idea wouldn't standard straight boxes lower your drive to a reasonable level? Maybe you could find someone that has straight boxes and wants the -3" ones for a trade.

I hope for your sake the shop is very understanding and feels responsible for a screw up. If not I dont think you have much recourse. Its just so crazy that a good shop with a good reputation and experience would mount a drive that high. Anyhow, waiting 4 years to complain about your drive height is gonna make a tough case to argue. Another thing is, I can't imagine spending that kind of money and having that major a job done without popping in the shop every week or two to check out progress. You might not have been able to tell the drive height thing, but you would have seen the partial transom thing. Had you caught that back then, you would not be in quite as much of a pickle.

Best of luck and keep us posted!

John

Last edited by jadento; 08-20-2015 at 12:02 PM.