Notices

Beware endeavour32

Old 09-21-2017, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

griff,i see you as an oso moderator are keeping a close eye on this thread,my question to you is does oso condone the practice of a seller clearly misrepresenting items forsale in the swap shop?i remember in the past a member not being allowed to list anymore items for sale in swap shop.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:59 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

Of course OSO does not condone that. OSO also is not going monitor all the ads in the swap shop for accuracy.

The person you are referring to was prohibited from using the swap shop because he was clearly running a business.
Old 09-22-2017, 05:09 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

I have no dog in the fight, but as a seller of many used items cars and boats, I would not lose my good name over the bashing, I have done some hefty refunds over the years that no other sellers would do, but rather do that then have my name bashed all over, also a word to the wise, STAMP your bigger dollar items as I have had people try to return me things that I did not sell them, prove it's not yours they shut up fast... sucks to see this happen over making a point, if I did not buy it new or stamping does not say for sure 2016, then you cannot assume it's a year old I have 3 engines for Cobra here now and I list all details, get asked always "how many miles"? I say no clue... because I don't, I could easily say "20,000"?? but nah not worth the issues, I hope somehow this gets worked out..
Old 09-22-2017, 07:06 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Good morning Griff. I am in the insurance business in Houston so I have been a little busy with the devastation. I will post my emails communication unless you advise not to. I was never unprofessional or demeaning in my emails. This is a brotherhood of great people. I only posted the truth of my experience. What I will loose is insignificant in the world of high performance boating. I only hope this will help people considering a large purchase to check past buyers experience's with a seller on the quality of product, description and willingness of seller to stand behind product being sold. I appreciate the time you spend to keep swap shop a good source for people like me enjoying the ride.
Old 09-23-2017, 01:21 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

Originally Posted by 90viper
Good morning Griff. I am in the insurance business in Houston so I have been a little busy with the devastation. I will post my emails communication unless you advise not to. I was never unprofessional or demeaning in my emails. This is a brotherhood of great people. I only posted the truth of my experience. What I will loose is insignificant in the world of high performance boating. I only hope this will help people considering a large purchase to check past buyers experience's with a seller on the quality of product, description and willingness of seller to stand behind product being sold. I appreciate the time you spend to keep swap shop a good source for people like me enjoying the ride.
Its entirely up to you if you want to post them.
I just don't want anybody posting the second and third hand "I know a person who.....blah, blah " stuff.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Here I will post the e-mails, as I have nothing to hide. Refund was offered DAY 1.

From Viper:
Good morning,
I got back in town and received carburetor. Thank you. Ad stated one year old but this carb was built 11-88. Checking with my carb guy to see if usable.
Will talk to him tomorrow and let you know what he tells me.
Thanks
Les

From E-32:
I traded a guy searching for a QuickFuel Q950 for this carb. I received it, tore it down and checked it out, and listed it. I was told it was one year old. I simply did the trade to help the guy out. I'm sure I can find his contact info so you can verify. I have 1 year old AED carbs that look very similar to the condition of those. In fact the linkage on mine actually has a little bit of rust on them. I had a Prosystems carb that in one summer the throttle blades started to rust. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that carb and it the current design from holley.
Thanks,
Mike

From Viper:
Good morning Mike,
Thank you for your response. I purchased the carburetor from you not the prior owner. I sent you the photo of date stamp on side of body.
Ad stated and I purchased what is supposed to be a one year old carburetor. I have copy of ad if you need one.
I am requesting you refund my money through pay pal and I will return your carburetor.

Thank you,
Les Ellard Jr.

From e-32:
You had pictures of the carb and it's the carb that was pictured. There is nothing wrong it it!

From Viper:
I did not receive nor did your ad have a photo of build date.
Let me understand. You are saying it is ok to advertise something as one year old when it is really 29 years old.
That would be like me advertising my 2008 Donzi as one year old but there is nothing wrong with it!

I am requesting my money back. Will you refund it?

Thank you,
Les Ellard Jr.

From E-32:
Return it. There is NOTHING wrong with that carb and NOTHING has been changed or improved on that model. You are not going to find a better deal on another one. I will be deducting the cost of shipping to you and you will be paying for shipping to me. That is my offer to you. Outside of the date stamp it's exactly as described. You will be refunded upon receipt of the carb.

Thanks,
Mike

From E-32:
You can do one of two things. You can drop this childish posting on OSO, return the carb and I’ll refund your money minus shipping. Or continue it and get nothing back from me. The choice is yours. You did not ask one question about this carb, or ask for one additional picture. If you were going to be that picky as to what you were buying you too should have done your due diligence. I always use Quick Fuel carbs and they do not stamp build dates on their carbs. I didn’t even think to look for a build date. I was told this carb was year old with 25 hours on it. So once again, delete your posts and return the carb, or continue on and you will not be refunded anything. The choice is clearly yours.

From Viper:
Good morning,
I never said the carburetor was junk. I said it was not what was advertised. You seem to be really reaching by saying I looked at other carburetors. I did not buy them neither did I. Do you really want to continue this path. The product is not what was advertised all I want is my money back including freight. You made the error not me. This is a simple fix.

From E-32:
Sorry-
I am done with this. I gave you an option and it was clear, you attempted to make stuff up and force a return. The carb is the current model. It’s stamped right on the side, and it matches the current model. The date code is 1188. This stands for 118th day of the year, the 8 stands for the year. This could be 78, 88, 98, 2008. My money is 2008. If summit buys a pallet of carbs and it takes them 5 years to work through the inventory, do they discount them if they are still the current model? The answer is no. The carb was used for one year, and 25 hours within that year. The carb was as advertised. I never said it was BUILT in 2015, only that it was a year old, as in in service for one year. I will not take a return after your actions, and you can thank Mike for pushing me further toward that decision.

I’ve had several people that have bought stuff from me PM over this, saying how ridiculous you are, and even more about Mike Tkact. It was clear in my e-mail, post more and no refund, you posted more. Enjoy the carb, its yours and there is not a thing wrong with it.

From Viper:
Thank you for your response. A 2008 is still not one year old. For the same reason I did not buy the other cards you mentioned for they were old design. You started this by not returning my money. Your offer was not fair for your mis rep. I am hoping you will reconsider your decision. Just because your done does not mean I am. All I want is my money back including freight. I

From Viper:
By the way I did not make anything up. It is not what I bought and have said no more about them other than year built is not one year old. Your reaching!!!!

From Viper:
All I want is my money back and out no freight and my next post will be we worked it out as someone had mentioned.

From E-32:
The carb is exactly what you bought. It's the model number, the carb pictured. and how long it was used. End of story. You want to waste your time pursuing this further, go ahead. I'm finished.

From Viper:
Ok thank you

From E-32:
I just hung up the phone with Holley. The carb is a 2008, 100% the same as the new one. I even asked if I could run it with a new one on a tunnel ram if they would meter the same. I was told "absolutely". Number one, you lied when you claimed you called Holley; two, you lied when you said you were told it's an 1988; three, you lied when you said they told you they made many changes to it.

From Viper:
Those are bold statements from a guy that has been repeatedly IS NOT DOING THE RIGHT THING. I did talk to Holley. I was told 88 or 98 and will get email confirmation. There may not be a difference between 2008 and now. There is a difference between 1988 and 1998.
THE POINT IS IT IS NOT ONE YEAR OLD AS AD STATED.
I will ask one more time. Will you make this right?

Thank you,
Les Ellard Jr.

THE END!

So there is the entire e-mail chain. Within the very first day of Viper contacting me I told him to return it. I would have accepted to eat the shipping to him, but I was not about to eat it both ways. He never offered to split the shipping only a 100% refund and for me to pay the return shipping was acceptable to him. I have a question for all of you that are so interested in this drama. Have one of you called Holley to confirm anything. You can clearly see here that Viper claims that Holley told him that its an 88 or 98. That is impossible, so he is either lying about what Holley told him, or he gave them limited info. In 2000 holley changed the main body. Gone was the raised lip venturi, and added was changeable air bleeds. The build date is 1188. The model number is listed here. You have all of the info you need to confirm what I have posted. Yet no one has, they just want to point fingers and cause trouble. So once again, this carb is 100% current, removed from the box and used for 1 year, and a refund offered within the first day of being asked for a refund. Many of you claim that you have refunded people for purchases, Did you pay the shipping back to you? Pay Pal and Ebay the buyer pays the return shipping. Just about any brick and mortar store is the same way. Either way, as you can see long ago, I told him to return the item, he would receive a refund and to delete is negative posts. He refused to to that. I was very clear that if he continued the refund would be off the table.

Sorry guys, you can bash me all you want. There is going to be no refund at this point, that offer ended when Viper continued down this path. I have received as many text messages siding with me, as there are posts against me on this forum. Unlike Viper, I have told all of those people to not defend me as this is 100% pointless.
Old 09-23-2017, 04:30 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

No dog in this fight, but if I return something to Walmart I don't demand they pay for my gas back to the store...
Old 09-23-2017, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 460 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Its entirely up to you if you want to post them.
I just don't want anybody posting the second and third hand "I know a person who.....blah, blah " stuff.
you mean stuff like this
Old 09-23-2017, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

I don't have a cat in this either but this b.s. is making this chitty site suck even more

Serious question for EVERY member supporting 90Viper

Is the carb current design?
Will it work like it was intended?
What are the negatives about it?
Whats it worth?

We have already heard all of your thoughts on principle, ad wording, shipping, Endevour32 used to pet Bobs Kittie cat and now he doesn't so let's gang up on him, etc. Seriously though can you comment on just the carb for one post???

Last edited by offshorexcursion; 09-23-2017 at 09:53 PM.
Old 09-23-2017, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is a lame version of watching idiots at the boat ramp. Still I have to keep up with it and I really could care less

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.