Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Beware fake certified checks >

Beware fake certified checks

Notices

Beware fake certified checks

Old 02-09-2023, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 195 Likes on 102 Posts

I dont have or use any of these apps, but it seems the gist of what you guys are saying is, that transactions can be reversed? I thought they worked almost like a wire transfer?
Old 02-10-2023, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
The best I have seen is my Wife was selling some old couch for like $200 or less. people wanted to use Zelle, WTH you don't have $200? She for whatever reason put up a $30 lamp and people would ask if she would take Zelle, I assume someone falls for that junk.
I guess Zelle etc. is their account to collect and make payments, so I assume they've collected $200 and figure to spend it on the couch if you'll take it. None-withstanding, isn't the current stat that 80%'ish of the population doesn't have $500 for an emergency and 60-70% living paycheck to paycheck? Fiscal responsibility isn't an American strong suit and the real cost of life should be taught by parents and dare I say "schools".
Old 02-10-2023, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by scarabman
I dont have or use any of these apps, but it seems the gist of what you guys are saying is, that transactions can be reversed? I thought they worked almost like a wire transfer?
Zelle and Cash app are simply money transfer devices. If you pay for a truck center console, as stated in my example and it never shows up you have no recourse, so you just made a donation. Furthermore, I'm not putting my banking info. all over the internet, shell account or not to appease a seller. I have paypal, will gladly pay the fee when buying a good and if a seller won't agree they're up to something! BTW Paypal friends and family doesn't allow for recourse neither which is why most sellers suggest that route.
Old 02-10-2023, 02:52 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts

I ony take Zelle or paypal if the person is onsite picking it up....wont ship anything unless its through a site like ebay etc...

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 02-10-2023, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 284 Likes on 171 Posts

I struggle with this as well trying to buy a pair of motors and at some point had to trust the seller. I figured if they paid for leak down check, sent me tons of pictures, probably 30+ texts over months probably not a scammer.