boat rolled biscayne bay >

boat rolled biscayne bay

Notices

boat rolled biscayne bay

Old 07-20-2007, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by socalstone
I know the consensus points to driver error......

but 2 Gladiators in less than a month?.... Is there something more radical about the glads' steps than other manufacturers?

Is there less lateral stability with staggered motors over non-staggered which would increase the likelyhood to roll due to the center of gravity being tighter in from side to side??
I think the staggered motors would give more balance, in f 2 when it started there were a few fountains that spun Mike A was in one or two and harrys 27 ol spun out in a slow turn on smooth water its the steps you have to learn and get use to the boat. in f 2 those drivers were pros and it happened. art
Old 07-20-2007, 10:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Downtown42
ck Walter Reed Veterans Hospital, they have 'em in stock, may have to custom fit though

You're funny guy art, hope things are looking brighter for ya.
I have to be last night my twinky stopped working told my wife she should have made a appointment with me before I went out with ole and sick stinger mike and drank a bunch of beer . I told her I will get some blues pills this week so this won't happen again . boy its tight sqeeze out here in the dog house with a lap top until monday. art aka artie or artimus thats what my labs call me!!! ps I will call them I just bought a new 18volt sawsall.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
I drove and raced a twin stepped 38 Cig the entire APBA Pro Series in 2002 (tight courses) and at full throttle , never had a spin out or problem. You can feel the bottom of the boat and what is going on if you pay attention. Tabs up - trimmed up and let er eat!

I believe that is pretty much the point of this thread.. someone like you who knows what to look for and feel for can drive a T/S all day long with no problem, it's the idiots who THINK they know is where the problems begin!!! We can all drive Earnardt jrs' race car and all end up in the wall in a lap or 2... is the car now unsafe ????

All new boats from now on are going to be stepped hull boats..... we need to learn to drive them
Old 07-21-2007, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are 2 types of Gladiator drivers....... those that have been tossed and those that are gonna be tossed.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dhlaw
There are 2 types of Gladiator drivers....... those that have been tossed and those that are gonna be tossed.
Which one are you???
Old 07-21-2007, 09:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Chris, there too many boats, non HPs, being built w/ steps, so that won't be happening to stepped boats in general.
May have to add in HP ratings to it.
Yeah- I wouldn't imagine that a non-performance boat would be dragged into this. On the insurance co's side of things, I'm figuring it's just a matter of time before they add this up and decide the risks are too high.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:07 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sakoutis3
Which one are you???

Uh.......he's the super tossed - haha. Brett I saw your office the other night when we went to Saporos / Sushi!
Old 07-21-2007, 01:31 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
Uh.......he's the super tossed - haha. Brett I saw your office the other night when we went to Saporos / Sushi!

Gosh, I miss Saporo's...
Old 07-21-2007, 03:24 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,074 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
I have to agree with you on that.
I can't say I "have access" to these boats, but I'd be plenty happy in a Cig Mistress runnin low 70's on a good day.
Plus - it always leaves room for improvement

- Avery G. Joe
I agree!!!

Id be thrilled if my boat went 70
Old 07-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
Not to take away from the thread, but man those old 4 speed 930s were awesome cars... Ball busters for people who didn't know how to drive, but the right kind of fun for people who knew what they were getting into!
1986/7 a friend did'nt learn from my example and put his Dad's 930 over a landscaping rock perimeter, place there by the homeowners tired of people loosing it around the corner and ending up in their yard. I put my Dad's 928 into a farm field a month earlier, it was raining and I did'nt have my license at the time.............

Both Porsche and Ferrari offer high performance track courses, coming from selling fast cars most people even long time "experienced" customers need it! For performance boats I if me would double this need ten fold, even consider not selling if they did not take Mr. Martin's course, defiently not if I felt like they needed it to the point of being talked into it!!!!!

Quick Reply: boat rolled biscayne bay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.