boat rolled biscayne bay >

boat rolled biscayne bay

Notices

boat rolled biscayne bay

Old 07-21-2007, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tim mccray
Actually it was a Piper Saratoga II which is a single engine. But you're right, he was flying in IFR conditions but was only rated for VFR. He was doing something with out the proper training and experience needed and paid the ultimate price for his mistakes.
Yep, it was a Saratoga II, followed this one closely because my Dad has almost the same type. He moved up from a fixed gear Sundowner and nobody would insure him until he got more hrs. He also took a flight safety course at Vero at Flight Safety. We "hired" a pilot/flight instructor and put the planes in a compnay for insurance and tax write off purposes. His flight instructor also took the course....

The interesting and why I followed it, most of the news media was blaming the Saratoga and not Kennedy's in-experience as lack of training. He interviewed for his magazine a Toronto area business person. The interview went late and the subject a licensed experienced pilot tried talking JFK jr out of flying back that evening, it was dusk and almost nearing IFR conditions! Jr. did'nt listen and flew home.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MitchStellin
"We were just going 50 and the boat flipped"...put down the taco dude, it does not happen that way. I say driver error, these idiots make a bad name for all performance boaters, they make the average land lubber think these are unsafe at any speed when in fact they are as safe as the tool driving it. I sure hope they investigate this, I say something does not add up here. Nice boat though, steps, staggers...nice set up, too bad it didn't come with a driver.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucky Strike Jr
This kinda looks like it
http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/boa/4431172372.html
Old 05-01-2014, 11:07 AM
Registered

why is everything that rolled over a glad all I see is a step boat and 1 %$#$%$$%