boat rolled biscayne bay

Notices

boat rolled biscayne bay

Old 07-17-2007, 10:49 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Not that it would have made a difference, but one thing I haven't heard (in all of these unfortunate posts) is how the boat is propped.

Eg. The first set of props we tried on the boat made it MUCH more sensitive in tight turns, causing the boat to feel like it "could" be susceptable to rolling etc... if caught with an unsuspecting wave etc...

With the new props, the CG feels much better and the boat turns in a much more comfortable manner ---- to boot.... these new props are also SIGNIFICANTLY faster than the previous set.

P.S. This post is not to "bash" or "edify" any one propeller company (one prop certainly does not fit all... rather, the top prop companies are all excellent -- and different), but rather to share an insight that seems to have not been discussed much.

P.S. Brad is right IMO... when in doubt (or unexperienced), GET HELP!!!!

Joe
Old 07-17-2007, 11:01 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Cash Bar again?
Looks more like DHLaw.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:14 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bcschoe
I am very glad to hear everyone is Okay.

I have much more to say but, temper my remarks by only saying there is much more to this.

I really wish more boat operators would recognize the risk and get onboard before our insurance gets even higher.

Is anyone keeping score? How many accidents so far this year?
You are correct that there is more to what I said in my post as it was just a general answer. There is also throttle input needed before a turn to set the boat as well. The performance of boats in this size and power range today is extremely high and you need to be extremely skilled to operate them.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:19 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucky Strike Jr
This kinda looks like it
I have to agree
Old 07-17-2007, 11:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"We were just going 50 and the boat flipped"...put down the taco dude, it does not happen that way. I say driver error, these idiots make a bad name for all performance boaters, they make the average land lubber think these are unsafe at any speed when in fact they are as safe as the tool driving it. I sure hope they investigate this, I say something does not add up here. Nice boat though, steps, staggers...nice set up, too bad it didn't come with a driver."

WOW!!!
You forgot to add... I am glad everyone lived and we did not have an unfortunate ending. I would call Taco Tuesday a good ending to a boat flip. And as for boats getting cheaper causing more accidents??? That cannot be the end of that theory can it? What does the price of a boat have to do with the drivers willingness to drive it safely?
Old 07-18-2007, 12:16 AM
Registered

This is what Powerboat Magazine said about step hulls.."they are like being on ball bearings, it feels like there are wheels under the boat and then a big hand comes down and flips the boat. Only on step boats though" So, what he is saying is God hates step hulls. I'm just messin' with ya.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:30 AM
Registered

well I need to get pointed to the "step hulls for dummies" section because I have one and know nothing about its characteristics. Maybe its a good thing my eliminator never went past 35mph so I could educate myself. Now if they could only fix the damn thing..... thats another story, Ive been reading about to many accidents lately... not good my friends.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:44 AM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe
Thank goodness everyone is ok, regardless of the reason for the accident...

Joe

I agree...
Old 07-18-2007, 01:52 AM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by bcschoe
I am very glad to hear everyone is Okay.

I have much more to say but, temper my remarks by only saying there is much more to this.

I really wish more boat operators would recognize the risk and get onboard before our insurance gets even higher.

Is anyone keeping score? How many accidents so far this year?
Brad, you should've been running down to that bar to give 'em a business card to the school!! Little "ambulance chaser" action!!

We gonna see you at the KW worlds bro? We're booked and ready to rock.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anybody heard from CAshBar??? This is getting out of hand.... How many step bottom boats can Greg roll??? Is he OK?

Quick Reply: boat rolled biscayne bay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.