Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 314joey
He's running a 3 blade aluminum prop.
and twin 351W on e85
Old 09-18-2014, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

This must be Sy's other screen name. Because the Rice Hauler classified thread. I went and read the original about the recovery. 400 something pages and he never delivered the REAL story
Old 09-18-2014, 10:48 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

I see nothing other guys haven't already mentioned.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:57 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I lied ..... just watched it for the umpteenth time, on my tablet this time , at the end it says no rating available for this video. I'll give it one...1
Old 09-19-2014, 12:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, looks like you all want my head? LOL. Some pretty funny comments though I must say. I guess the next time I post a video in the safety area it needs to be pure carnage on the water. Or risk being keel hauled by the crew here!

I didn't say it was epic bad,( until the odd time when it goes wrong and results in an accident). I said it was something I see done a fair amount. The marine patrols and other boaters don't like it and it will often get you stopped and gone over with fine tooth comb for any infraction the marine patrol can find. The closest was the one member who thought he was inside a boy at 40 seconds. What we see at 40sec in poor resolution is a canoe or kayak. The safety risk is running back and fourth across the harbor mouth and 80 mph while his buddy videos the boat for his add. I have seen guys do this and they never just do it once or twice like this video shows ( and he most likely didn't do two passes either). They run back and fourth while a land based friend films with a phone or crappy camera a bunch of times through the harbor mouth traffic. This clip isn't busy but you have sailboats, canoes/kayak, small inflatable also. Also remember how videos in your phone look so far away vs real distance.....so he will also likely be closer than he appears. You can see him pass the light house at the mouth around 44 seconds. All it takes is a guy coming out of the harbor hot and him to be just off the point but behind the rocks for an issue to develop. He is not taking into account boats and small craft, harbor mouth proximity, etc. People likely complained that some guy was running back and fourth across the harbor mouth at high speed or marine patrol spotted him and pulled him over for a warning and full going over. I have seen guys stand on the piers or narrow harbor mouths as their buddy blazes by 30 feet off the narrow entrance! All to get a cool video to post or help sell a boat. You get the gist.

Now for those who enjoy good carnage...... I will leave you with this nice little clip. I bet this gave a few crew a scare or two. As I'm sure it was far more violent than it appears on film..which is pretty bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYdDWkPwcDw

Last edited by Movie muscle; 09-19-2014 at 02:58 AM.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:53 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's it? OMG! It's so clear now. Lol
Old 09-19-2014, 07:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow who would have guessed
Old 09-19-2014, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts

There goes 10 minutes of my life I will never get back! Thanks for nothing!
Old 09-19-2014, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 4,322 Likes on 1,241 Posts

I knew it the whole time, I was just testing you guys..
Old 09-19-2014, 08:32 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

That was my second guess... here is a preview of what some forum member would like to do to you. Beware of the toes, some will take their shoes off [ATTACH=CONFIG]529758[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails What was done wrong here?-nuts.png  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.