Subwoofers in Convincors

Notices

Subwoofers in Convincors

Old 02-26-2009, 09:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Subwoofers in Convincors

Anybody running subs in the Convincors? I was running a 10" Bazooka under my rear seat but it blew and I was thinking of a couple of 10" JL's. My concern is I already put (4) 7" JL mids in the rear seat and if I cut out 2 more holes for the 10" subs there won't be much wood left for strength. Anyone have any luck with this? Thanks.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 253checkmate
Anybody running subs in the Convincors? I was running a 10" Bazooka under my rear seat but it blew and I was thinking of a couple of 10" JL's. My concern is I already put (4) 7" JL mids in the rear seat and if I cut out 2 more holes for the 10" subs there won't be much wood left for strength. Anyone have any luck with this? Thanks.
The subs sharing that small space with the mids will adversely effect the sound and longevity of the mids. Each time the large speaker with a large voice coil pulls in, the displaced air is going to push the smaller speaker with the smaller voice coil out even though the small voice coil is trying to pull the small speaker cone in. Probably not a good idea from a tonal accuracy standpoint. Ideally you want the low frequencies low in the boat because they are non directional and the mids and highs up closer to your ears as those frequencies are directional. Best case scenario would be increase the size of the 4 holes in your rear bench and mount 4 subs in there. Try to move your 7.7s up higher in the cockpit sidewall or up in the dash where you can aim them toward your ears.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Registered

i put a single 15 in my ZT, i put it in place where they call the anchor locker in the very bow. it sounds unreal!!!! it uses the cabin as a tube and it just pounds!!!
i see you are in maine, not sure where, but jim from superir systems in peabody mass did my system and holly hell it rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hit him up, he is worth the ride!!! tell him noyzee sent you and he will set you up!! under the rear seat is a ok spot at best. jim can explane
Old 03-03-2009, 01:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Does the 15 sound boomy? I listen to mostly hard rock. I was told that the larger subs are more boomy for rap and hip hop music? That would be a great place to mount something considering I don't use that space! Thanks.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 253checkmate
Does the 15 sound boomy? I listen to mostly hard rock. I was told that the larger subs are more boomy for rap and hip hop music? That would be a great place to mount something considering I don't use that space! Thanks.
jim set me up with perfection. the speekers he put in work great to give great sound in all music. i listen to everything from country to rock, to rap, to old school etc etc. it all sounds great. he made a pannal for it, and put dyno mat in the space. it is boomy inside the cabid, but outside it has a great sound.
it all depends on the quality of parts you use as well.
i have the best 15 i could find (rockford) and the best amp i could get (alpine) mix those 2 and wow.
im going to be adding more this spring. cant wait. my boat isnt the fastest or the craziest boat out there, but man people sure hear me. lol
Old 03-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Registered

Noyzee can you post a picture of what you did. Sounds like a Plan
Old 03-25-2009, 04:49 PM
Registered

i will once i get my boat back. its still at the boat yard shrink wrapped.
i cant wait.
as soon as its out i will be replacing the 6.5" cabin speekers with the alpine coax, i will be adding 4 7" alpine coax to the cockpit. adding a 2nd amp to power everything, and getting the new alpine marine deck with the remotes. putting one near the driver and one out on the platfor for the beach days. should be sick when its all done. about 1600 watts, 8 speakers out side, 2 inside and a 15" sub inside. it cranked last year with 4- 7" and the 15" with one amp!! i cant wait.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Noyzee, Any pics of your stereo system yet?
Old 05-05-2009, 01:42 PM
Registered

not yet, it is accually at the place now getting the rest of the upgrades. adding 2 more 7" alpines next to the rear seat, adding a 2nd amp, adding a new deck with 2 wired remotes. one by the swim platfor and one on the drivers side. it should be done this week. once its all done i will get a pile of pics of the boat from the stereo to my shinny stuff to my blue lights and new carpet etc etc.
probably about a week or so. if you check out my video i put up you might be able to see the sub in the cabin shot. i will have to watch the vids again and see.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks. Looking forward to the pics!

Quick Reply: Subwoofers in Convincors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.