Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Checkmate
Subwoofers in Convincors >

Subwoofers in Convincors

Notices

Subwoofers in Convincors

Old 06-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 89 Likes on 18 Posts

Yes, they are hidden. When I lift the back seat you can see the magnets. There's not much space on the other side of them but I was told that subs just need enough air on both sides to move freely but they can be sorta confined. I guess the suond can bounce off things and they still sound good, unlike mids and tweeters.

I don't know much about it but I have read that there is a push pull thing with subs moving air and my tight space may not be good. I'm sure there is a better location for them but a 25' boat gets small real quick. My upolstery has to be re-done this winter and I might face them forward.... like toward the feet of someone siting on the back seat.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the location i put mine are the best. that space behind there is the right size for up to 3 10" subs. i almost went that way, but instead i went with bigger speakers outside.

the problem with under the seat is the sound is muffled if they are 100% in the seat, and facing forward like in a stock baja its good, but again you have no "case" the sound just goes everyplace. my set up uses the hole cabin s its "case/box" then the sound and base comes out the door keeping it clean and clear, and letting my outside speakers give a great sound.
if you heard my system, you would copy it. i could rattle the pics of the wall in your house if i was parked in your driveway, yet it still has a very very clean sound. not like the 17 year old in his honda booooom boooom, nig=ce tight crisp clean sound. i love it!!