4 Blade Bravo 1 on a Checkmate? >

4 Blade Bravo 1 on a Checkmate?

Notices

4 Blade Bravo 1 on a Checkmate?

Old 06-04-2009, 05:06 AM
Registered

Received 89 Likes on 18 Posts
Default 4 Blade Bravo 1 on a Checkmate?

Anyone used a Bravo 1 prop on a 251 Convincor? I have a Hydromotive QIV on there now that runs great but it seems a little bow heavy at higher speeds. It takes a lot of trim, past the drive limit switch, to achieve decent speeds on flat water. I read the Hydromotive is good for boats have natural bow lift like the old Convincors, but maybe it's the all junk on board for over night trips + the AC unit mounted mid ship.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my boat had a 22p B1 on it, boat runs very wet, bow down and needs lots of trim. it would hit the rev limiter all the time.

i tried a 23 Marage plus and a 23 marage plus done by bblades. both did nothing for my boat, seemed to blow the prop out more then the 4 blade.

i had bblades do me a prop, they did a 26 p and did there tweaks, tossed it on the boat and it picked up about 1 mph and seemed to ride up a bit and handled better but it was way under reving, sent it back and he touched it up. tested again and it was still off and lost its lifting.
so he sent me a 24 to test with, boat seemed to like it, it had a touch more bow lift but still had to trim it way up and it was a tad under reving.
so i sent it back. im guessing he is going to lab it for about 200 rpm, and put the cup in i need for a little more bow lift.

what motor is in your boat? depending on power i bet that 26 i have from bblades would work real good if you have a little more power then my boat.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:03 AM
Registered

502-550hp. Boat ran the best speed of 73 with nothing on it. Prop is a 23p Hydro. Rpm is around 5200-5400. With 2 people and all my gear it will run 69, but like I said I have to trim the hell out of it.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:44 AM
Registered

im going to guess with the prop i have you will drop about 200-300 rpm prob gain a touch of mph and the boat would ride better. however im no prop expert, can only go by my testing and findings
Old 06-04-2009, 11:02 AM
Registered

I have someone who is willing to lend me a 24p Bravo 1 to try. Thought I'd get some input before I stuck it on.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Registered

put it on, i bet you will like it, and its free so whats it going to hurt.

i would try it
Old 06-04-2009, 12:51 PM
Registered

Stock bravo 1's have been the best all around prop I have seen for a Convincor. I would try on your boat the 24p bravo A labbed one will blow out and rev during crusing speeds and is only good for top end, and is useless everywhere else. Checkmates have no problem carring the bow so a bow lifting prop is no good.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've run Quad fours, Mirage +, and Bravo ones. I have found the Bravo 1 to be the best. The quads lifted the stern alot. The Mirage Plus blew out all the time when planing and turning. I think you will like the Bravo 1 best. I always went back to it for my 253 no matter what hp I was running.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PURPLE HORNET
Stock bravo 1's have been the best all around prop I have seen for a Convincor. I would try on your boat the 24p bravo A labbed one will blow out and rev during crusing speeds and is only good for top end, and is useless everywhere else. Checkmates have no problem carring the bow so a bow lifting prop is no good.
my mate has a problem carring the bow. it rides very wet. i put a 23 mar plus on it and it road ok, but blew the prop out, labed and un labbed.

my 4 blades run much better, but i think with the rake right and labbed my 24 should be right where i need to be. we'll see wn brett finishes up the one i sent him yesterday
Old 06-04-2009, 08:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by noyzee
my mate has a problem carring the bow. it rides very wet. i put a 23 mar plus on it and it road ok, but blew the prop out, labed and un labbed.

my 4 blades run much better, but i think with the rake right and labbed my 24 should be right where i need to be. we'll see wn brett finishes up the one i sent him yesterday
Understand what you are saying but you also state that if you trim it. It will come up and thats a Checkmate. Theirs no need for a bow lifting prop if your trim will lift the boat. Thats what trim is for.

Let us know the true stats of the prop. I recomended NO 3 blades for any Deep V Checkmate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.