Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Checkmate
Where are the >

Where are the

Notices

Where are the

Old 07-16-2009, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I seen what Magic Medicine was talking about when our good friend bought a 230ZT br. Wiring was not loomed nowhere hardly and poorly supported everywhere in the boat, which was shocking to me considering how nice of work they do in the fiberglass/gel area and the quality hardware they use in the boat. IMO that along with the fact they pieced together the rub rail made it look too much like a mass produced boat, then rather one from a smaller builder who pays attention to ALL the details, not just some. It deserved MUCH better in those areas considering how great the lines are and obvious attention to detail elsewhere in and around the boats construction. The Checkmate name speaks for itself over the years, just hope they clean up those issues mentioned and drop the Baja look as well as it's not fitting in with the Checkmate name, nor previous reputation as being a long living "built one at a time" classic style boat.

Great to see Checkmate live on in these tough times, just hope they never lose sight of what made them Checkmate to begin with.

Last edited by ZP'd; 07-16-2009 at 07:30 AM.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ZP'd
I seen what Magic Medicine was talking about when our good friend bought a 230ZT br. Wiring was not loomed nowhere hardly and poorly supported everywhere in the boat, which was shocking to me considering how nice of work they do in the fiberglass/gel area and the quality hardware they use in the boat. IMO that along with the fact they pieced together the rub rail made it look too much like a mass produced boat, then rather one from a smaller builder who pays attention to ALL the details, not just some. It deserved MUCH better in those areas considering how great the lines are and obvious attention to detail elsewhere in and around the boats construction. The Checkmate name speaks for itself over the years, just hope they clean up those issues mentioned and drop the Baja look as well as it's not fitting in with the Checkmate name, nor previous reputation as being a long living "built one at a time" classic style boat.

Great to see Checkmate live on in these tough times, just hope they never lose sight of what made them Checkmate to begin with.
My wiring looks pretty good but it could be a bit neater. But I have the fat rub-rail and it is a one peace. By this I mean it has a start and a stop area. It raps completely around the boat. Their is no possible way to make it one solid piece if it was you could never get it on.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:36 AM
Registered

Riddle me This Checkmate Fans! I was long ago led to believe that Checkmate/Baja were nearly one in the same? A Splash that started all of this Any truth to this? And has anyone ever heard of a fella named Kenny Auh?
Old 07-22-2009, 10:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by golfmaxgolf
Riddle me This Checkmate Fans! I was long ago led to believe that Checkmate/Baja were nearly one in the same? A Splash that started all of this Any truth to this? And has anyone ever heard of a fella named Kenny Auh?
Baja's first boats were made from Checkmate molds. The deal was they weren't supposed to make any metal flake ones, when they did, Checkmate came and got the molds that belonged to them. By then Baja had thier own models to use.