Convincer GTX >

Convincer GTX

Notices

Convincer GTX

Old 07-16-2003, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Convincer GTX

What are you opinions of a 99 25 Convincer GTX?Handling?Construction?ETC?
Old 07-17-2003, 05:46 AM
Registered

I have a 91 25 GTX with a 454 about 440hp And as far as the boat goes its one of the fastest 25ft boats on the water. You will have to learn how to drive it on rough water it does take some time to do so. A couple of hard landings can make you rethink your driving skills a little. So I think, get some seat time on flat water anyone can drive on that. Then try some rougher stuff. My boat loves trim. Nose flying high. But it can get you into trouble in the rough stuff. Overall the boat is built very well. I have some things with mine that make me mad, the sun pad hinges are not the greatest. I fixed them by drilling them though and bolting them together. Still have to fix the gel-coat. In the cabin some of the roll type cabinet doors also not the greatest. Two of the three are broke my three kids might have something to do with that. The V-berth is a little small for me I'm 6'2" 235lbs a little tight. So me and the wife sleep in the lower with a fill in cushion we made. But it is still a true 25 footer. It can handle some rough water 2 and 3 are no problem 4 and 5 can be a problem. But, the most fun are 0 to 2 feet waves. Overall I think the boat is GREAT. And you put some horsepower in it and it will make your hair stand on end.
Just my 2 cents that it, our leave it.
Sorry for the novel.
Old 07-17-2003, 08:11 AM
Registered

A couple of questions.....Are the stringers and bulkheads made of a composite material or wood?I have never heard of Checkmate using these materials,and I have owned 5 Checkmates.Does your boat dive to the left in 2 foot of chop around 50mph?What would be the best tab and drive levels to drive this boat in these conditions?The last Checkmate that I was in that did that was a 219.It was designed with too much lift.So the only 2 ways to drive the boat were idle or all out.
A friend of mine purchased this boat last evening.The boat is in perfect condition 600hp.It just feels like a tiny little boat to me.I had a 96 253 that did not feel as out of control as this one.But then again I am used to larger boats now.
Old 07-20-2003, 01:58 AM
Liquidator

Hello Massive Thunder,

I have a 251 Convincor made in 1997 with an 500 EFI. At the beginning was a 454 Magnum inside, but since I wanted to have more power on board I changed the engine. However, at about 2200 til 2800 rpm the boat also dives from one side to the other (wobbles), even more, if people change sides and that's one thing I dislike about the boat. Futher, the seats of the Convincor are higher than the windshield and therefore the wind blows in your face all the time. Regarding the wobbling, I have lengthen the original Checkmate trims. Also I changed the height of the seats (lowered them). However, it is a very good allround boat. You have enough space in the cabin to sleep and sit there with two to three people. There is a porta potty and enough storage room.

Have fun, greetings from Germany

Liquidator

Old 07-24-2003, 08:34 PM
checkmate981

Massive Thunder,
The 251 is A great boat .We have A 98 251 with A 310 hp.No dive here but I dont have big HP,s
DAve