Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Chris Craft
Hull tuning. >

Hull tuning.

Notices

Hull tuning.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My boat already has the thru hull exhaust with the silent choice diverters. The only difference is going to be that I will not be using the 3" riser spacers that were there from the factory due to the raised engine/drive height. I have new stock Merc manifolds that I will use for now (I know they dont flow worth a sht but I cant afford any others yet) I also have a set of stainless merc elbows that i will get rid of. I will get a set of flange to flange elbows, cut a flange to fit the outlet surface of the elbow. I will weld a 3" inner pipe and 4" outer pipe to the flange that mixes water with exhaust as far back as possible. I dont think i will be able to use the silent choice anymore due to the camshaft that will be in the new motor. I also am thinking about adding at least one set of flappers to the system when im done. As for the water line, i think that the water line was about 2" away from the bottom of the swim platform with the Alpha and small block. I hope my platform isnt under water with these mods. That would suk! I think ill leave the hooks in for now and see what the boat does with the new mods. Ill be happy with 60-65 mph with 400 hp. Im also looking into a hydraulic steering setup and thinking about extending the bennet trim tabs that are already on the boat. Is it possible that my 23 Scorpion LTD with thru hull exhaust came with a big block and someone just threw in a small block? Someone on here commented that the LTDs came with 454s. I would also like to post pics here but cant find out how. Can anyone help with this?
Old 04-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Registered

I already raised the drive/engine 2.5". All glassed in and ready for gel. I had to replace the transom and I cant afford a shorty so I had to make the best of what I had.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Registered

Same to you and hope all is well.