Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Chris Craft
*7 chris craft stinger 202 >

*7 chris craft stinger 202

Notices

*7 chris craft stinger 202

Old 05-27-2009, 01:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your stock tank is a 40 gal (151lt) according to the original Chris Craft Sales Brochure I have. The 222 has a 60 Gal.

Your 400 won't get hot.

Here are some pics of my mounts.

They are channel caps with a brace plate welded to the inside to match the stringer width that are then bolted through the stringers. The motor is then mounted onto the two box sections which have the same size bolt welded through the box to the base as the original pedestal mounts. You make the box section so they're the right height for the mounts to sit on at the correct height then bolt the mounts on to secure!The box sections are bolted to the mounts, you lower the motor in and align it, mount the drive up, then tac weld the box sections to the stringer base mounts.

You then pull the drive, lift the motor carefully, pop the cap sections back off the stringers, seam weld the bad boys up, re-install them, drop the motor back in, check your alignment, whack the drive back and away you go!

If stress / vibration worries you, I'll let you know if my boat falls apart soon! I can't see any issues at the moment though. Can anyone else?

Go on, put the 400 in, you know you want to!

Regards,
John
Attached Thumbnails *7 chris craft stinger 202-mounts.jpg   *7 chris craft stinger 202-mounts-2.jpg   *7 chris craft stinger 202-mounts-3.jpg  

Old 05-27-2009, 07:14 AM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Default Mounts

Ok! Ghost Didn't relize it but the mounts in a 222 and stringer lay out is different than a 202. Your mount won't work for him. I'll have to get him pic's of mine,or we will have him all messed up.He will be wanting to hang a outboard on it. LOL JOHN
Old 05-27-2009, 08:09 AM
Registered

Nice, let's do that then, I won't have another egg beater powered Stinger on my conscience!

Old 05-27-2009, 11:25 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghostrider
Your stock tank is a 40 gal (151lt) according to the original Chris Craft Sales Brochure I have. The 222 has a 60 Gal.
60 gal? i just went out and looked at mine....it has a 70gal tank made by AFP of Fl....wonder if that has anything to do with the tank/floor issue they had a recall on back in the day?

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 05-28-2009, 04:14 AM
Registered

They had a recall?

Mine still says 60 Gal and I doubt if they recalled it, the old owner would've sent it back up to USA from here!

Is that bad? What was the problem I wonder?

Natewood, Any pics of yours yet?
Old 05-28-2009, 12:01 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts

not exactly sure about what the recall was about but it had something to do with the fuel tanks coming loose and either buckling the floors or cracking the bottoms....something like that

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 05-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Default stinger

My floor is buckeled,and my bottom cracked but it ain't from the tank coming loose,it's from excessive speed in 3' waves. LOL. JOHN
Old 05-28-2009, 07:14 PM
Registered

Default Stinger 202

Nice work on your Stinger!!
I will post some shots of mine when it's done.
SSTORM

Originally Posted by Fenderjack
LOL You don't have to redo any of the steering to go to thru the hull.I did my 202 with eddie marine manifolds and risers.But stock merc center rise will work fine. I put mine above the rub rail, because when you have to slow down fast the water can run up the pipes on a 202. I'm running a injected 350 with a alpha works good. Also I find 58 on gps a lil hard to believe, unless somebody already removed the 120+ lbs of sand out of the front of the boat.. Any way post pics up of your progress on it..

John

Old 06-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Registered

fenderjack, could you tell me exactly where your exhaust comes through the hull? also with the sbc is it possible to use a switchable exhaust or is room an issue? i would love to see your engine mounts too i have a good idae how to do it but pics definately wont hurt. Oh and my stinger does 58 with the ballast bc the heads are ported it has elderbrock intake cam and 600cfm carb but the ballast is still in front. No need for me to BS you guys lol. Thanks for everything guys,
Nate
Old 06-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Registered

oh and i wiil post pics tonight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.