Updates on the *****en 202, can we make the 100mph mark >

Updates on the *****en 202, can we make the 100mph mark

Notices

Updates on the *****en 202, can we make the 100mph mark

Old 04-14-2011, 08:11 AM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah take the sand out of the front. We run at 80,with no tabs. NO bounce and just a little chine walk between 55 and 60,but just drive thru it.JOHN

Last edited by Fenderjack; 04-14-2011 at 08:14 AM. Reason: add
Old 07-27-2011, 08:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fenderjack
Have bought a few cosmetic things for the old girl. First is a set of flush mount pop up cleats, in addition to a pop up light. Also a new kicker, kenwood, infinity stereo is going to be going in soon.. Also on the way is a set of new livorsi gauges..As of now the floors are out of the boat, to do some much needed repair.. Hope to have them buttoned up in the next few weeks. My dad and myself have a need for speed, so the hull needs to be solid.. Having the new seats we built going out to be covered, real soon.. So now for the go fast stuff.. As of now the boat has a injected small block in it, along with emi thunder exhaust, ASM tune, spinning a 30 B1 prop by a alpha 1 1.83 ratio. The boat runs a sold 78 mph on gps on any giving day, some times go better, still will get the rev box..It is a handfull to drive now, but hopefully the tabs, will mellow it out some, along with the external steering(to reduce the drive flop) Our plans for the boat is to make the 100mph mark.. As of 2 weeks ago we bought imco external steering, put a IMCO extension box on the boat, along with that we might switch to a bravo, for the extra power the procharger will be making Hope to have a solid 530 hp set up.. But i think we will see how well the alpha holds up on this hp setup, being in such a light boat( if you drive it right) Also have a set of 280 k plans that will make its way on there.. If all goes well I think honestly we will be knocking on the door for a 100mph blast.. I am not sure what the fastest 202 stinger is out there, but am hoping if we can make it in the 90's with it that it will be the top 202 stinger.. I will keep the thread updated as I get the boat together, hope to have it in the water by mid june.. Sorry for the rant, just excited, bored tonight

PS the *********en in the title is Bit@hen not F^&Kn

John jr
WOW!!! Sounds like a nice set us you have going there!?
Please do keep us posted.
I have an 87' Stinger 202 also...510 CI with about 700hp.
I'm running a Bravo HP Drive 1:1.36 gearing.
What sort of prop will you be running. I spoke with a guy at Hydromotive Props...I told him what I had and what I planned to do...right down to the carb. size....he did some math for me and suggested that i use one of his four bladed props(don't remember which one), and suggested that I would be able to hit the century mark comfortably?
Stay in touch.....\
Thanks
SSTORM
Old 07-27-2011, 08:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fenderjack
I'm not sure if I am crazy, just want to see if the boat has it in it.. At the 80mph mark the boat is actually pretty stable, just have to get through the chine walking, which I am pretty sure no external steering, no tabs is playing a big part in that(drive flop) As far as peeling the boat, I hope not, the floor towards the back and the new stuff I redid a few years back, has extra matting on the floor, the stuff I am doing now will get 2-3 extra mats along the hull.. Just hope the glass holds up on the bottom LOL.. I think it will be fine.. I mean were only talking 20 more mph

John jr
I was able to hit 80-82 mph with my old engine/drive set up.(KING COBRA 454-375HP with a King Cobra Outdrive 1:1.49 gearing)
You are right though...the boat handles very well at the higher speeds...
I have gone to external steering, and I'm now thinking about running the Merc Maximus 5 bladed prop!?
I'll let you guys know the outcome.

I'm running Stainless Marine Gen 3 manifolds and 4 1/2 inch pipes....(wish bone style)

Have a good day.

SSTORM
Old 07-27-2011, 08:54 AM
Registered

Chris Craft Stinger 202 Owners!?

Does Anyone Have Any Really Hot Photos To Share
Old 07-28-2011, 02:46 AM
HDS
Registered

Nice set upp,,god luck SSTORM
Old 08-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

SSTORM

We are going to run a labbed 32 bravo( 4bladded prop) We have since sold the stock efi, have a forged 355 sbc, going to be seeing 12-14psi.. Poss going to drop the drive ratio to 1.5 Have all the holes done for mounting the tabs on the boat.. hope to have her buttoned up in the next few months.. Looking to be a good bit north of 550 hp.. Def keep us updated on your results.. I think a 5 blade will not be the right prop for that boat..

HDS thanks. we will def post up when we get it somewhat dialed in..

John jr
Old 10-17-2011, 01:13 PM
HDS
Registered

Last test

We have received a new peak of 102.6 mph. but now we need more power for more speed a winter projekt
Old 10-18-2011, 09:18 AM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

I think you got plenty of power,need to be looking into gear ratio,or X demension I think.Put a stelling box on it and you could adjust your drive hight by 3 inches,box would get you some better water. DO you have a shortie on it NOW Just my 2cents JOHN SR

Last edited by Fenderjack; 10-18-2011 at 09:22 AM.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:35 AM
Registered

How is it coming? Its cold as hell here and progress has been very slow. Im now debating over drives and were to find the parts.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:20 PM
Registered

Have a great weekend everyone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.